Well I Finally Found Them

Maejo Man

I mentioned in the "double standards" thread about the signs at the Mae Sa Valley waterfalls, well I just found them.

For non Thai speaking tourists, which is the majority, they naturally just read the sign in English, but if you look at the one in Thai you will see the Thai prices.

Adults 20 baht

Children 10 baht

bicycles 10 baht

motorcycles 20 baht

etc.......

Two tier pricing is bad enough, without having it thrust in your face. Did you notice that the person responsible for authorising the pricing was none other than our old friend Plodprasop of Chiangmai Night Shaftari fame.

post-7622-1147311126_thumb.jpg post-7622-1147311179_thumb.jpg

I've never been charged more than the 'local' rate at any of the National Parks. As it is, I have no problem with them charging 'tourists' more at National Parks than us 'taxpayers' :o

The only national park I could not get in to for Thai prices was / is Huay Nam Dang. The bastards there wont budge, even if you show a Thai driving licence or biz reg. Everywhere else I’ve been able to get in for local prices by showing proof of local residence.

And my tip for this is to carry a laminated colour photocopy of my ID = Thai driving licence, & biz reg & insurance & hospital card & passport, all on the 1 sheet of A4 folded up in my wallet. No need to carry hard copies of everything with you everywhere. This works well with the police & checking into hotels & occasionally at Mae Sai.