Z800 in CNX

MadMac

I was today at Kawasaki looking at the Z800. Unfortunately they only allow some small test drive in front of their shop. Not really helpful. Does anyone know if/where I could rent a Z800 for some days to give it a ride in Chiang Mai?

From today's short test run, it felt a bit heavy but damned strong. Evil monster. Perhaps a bit too much, but no risk, no fun. Last bike I had was a SV650 in Singapore, so it's a potential step up. Opinions?

Nice bike with excellent reviews but the lack of ABS was a deal breaker for me. Also the weight but reviews say that that's no issue. Still heavier than the Z1000...

Saying that, I also think the price is too high for it not having ABS b/c it'll mean that the thing will cost 400+ once they release it with ABS, likely next year.

There's lots of bikes coming soon or already out that compete with the Z800:

Honda CB650F - 100k cheaper with less power & torque

Ducati Hypermotard - 100k more expensive and 20+kg lighter with similar power/torque. ABS and traction control too. Also, red.

BMW F800R - 440 rumored price for the first made in Thailand BMW motorbike coming next year. Not sure how it'll compare.

• Like 1

If prices drop, there would be alternatives. So far only Kawa offers anything I would spend money on. I'm not in a hurry though...but that 375kTHB are right in between the UK price and the one in Germany. Sweet spot, not overpriced as all the others. Tempting smile.png

• Like 1

Nice bike with excellent reviews but the lack of ABS was a deal breaker for me. Also the weight but reviews say that that's no issue. Still heavier than the Z1000...

Saying that, I also think the price is too high for it not having ABS b/c it'll mean that the thing will cost 400+ once they release it with ABS, likely next year.

There's lots of bikes coming soon or already out that compete with the Z800:

Honda CB650F - 100k cheaper with less power & torque

Ducati Hypermotard - 100k more expensive and 20+kg lighter with similar power/torque. ABS and traction control too. Also, red.

BMW F800R - 440 rumored price for the first made in Thailand BMW motorbike coming next year. Not sure how it'll compare.

I don't know if would have bought this bike , but not having abs made it a pretty easy decision . The F800 sure sounds interesting at 440 , we be a lot more interesting at 400 though

What difference to your lifetime does ABS make at 200km/h?

I forwarded this to Kawasaki and the other major bike manufacturers across the globe yesterday . All the CEO's had an emergency meeting last night and due to your incredibly insightful knowledge of the 200km problem with ABS and lifetime stuff , ABS will no longer be offered on any new motorcycles and there will be a recall all on existing models to remove the ABS at no charge .

Looks like the major automobile manufacturers will follow suit but this has not been confirmed yet .

Also one more thing , please write the CEO of Kawasaki , mention this post and he will send you any new Kawasaki of your choice . He also wants you to hook up with his daughter but she has to ok it first .

• Like 1

Well, if you are foolish enough to hit 200 km/h on a bike without ABS, then no difference I guess.

Looks like you are the fool here. everybody who wants to ride that fast can; doesn't make them a fool at all. If you don't dare going higher speeds leave others the freedom to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, if you are foolish enough to hit 200 km/h on a bike without ABS, then no difference I guess.

Looks like you are the fool here. everybody who wants to ride that fast can; doesn't make them a fool at all. If you don't dare going higher speeds leave others the freedom to do so.

That's like saying that anyone who wants and dares to run a red light should have the freedom to do so. But no worries, if you like to ride on Thai roads at 200 kmh, be my guest. Just don't expect that I will stop in case you do, er, shall we say, slip.

That's like saying that anyone who wants and dares to run a red light should have the freedom to do so. But no worries, if you like to ride on Thai roads at 200 kmh, be my guest. Just don't expect that I will stop in case you do, er, shall we say, slip.

Well i dont understand when everybody is saying cant ride fast in thailand nowadays there are many proper highways which does allow higher speed of course under given circumstances and not endanger others. And there always risk in driving a motorcycle high or low speeds, funny last time i dropped was at low speed and yes ABS might have saved me, but that's not the point. I still enjoy riding and yes last weekend i drove up 200+ where i was able to.

Well, I'd take the ABS if it is offered. But it isn't. I also don't have airbags in my Pickup, although they are offered in Australia. Thailand is a bit retarded when it comes to safety. But I can live with that. People had no ABS and no airbags for a century or so and mankind did not get extinct biggrin.png

I used to occasionally hit ridiculous speeds on my Hayabusa, and on various bikes I owned before it, and none of them had ABS- it wasn't that long ago when there was no ABS option for any bike until BMW (i believe) introduced it- we still used to ride pretty hard and fast. I've got it now and it's a great feature, but I'd ride the same way without it- it's just a mechanical back-up to my primary braking system (my right hand foot).;)

• Like 2

I had a crash in Singapore when some stupid lady hit the road without looking. No ABS could have prevented that. 4 broken ribs. Same goes for Thailand, a lot of clueless idiots on the road and there is not much margin for error. So if disaster strikes, it will anyway.

Z800 is a very good looking bike.

But 230 kg weight is putting me off. Also with abs it will cost around 400 k and a new honda cb650f is going for 285 k witha 115 k difference. Hard to pay that 115 k extra for me for the extra performance i ll rarely need in thailand also carrying 25 extra kg on top.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where to get the CB650F in Thailand? Was not aware that Honda is selling that bike here.

Difference would be 90k, the Z800 goes for 375k. ABS is not available in TH.

Edited by MadMac

Very funny posts....ABS and motorbikes......What next ash-trays and matching helmets...So much for riding.

I hear you , the ashtray on my bike is completely useless . you think that they would realize that it should have a lid on it . It does match my helmet perfectly though

Nice to see Ducati offering new Monster 795 without ABS again

Pro or Con abs does not matter having choices are good for everyone

Monster 795 MY14 (Non ABS) 803cc 399,990

Monster 796 Corse Stripe* (ABS) 449,500

yep, now it is reasonable. i was wondering who would buy a 795.

but they sell 795 better if they make the price around 375 k and 450 k for 796 for a better segmentation.

bc it still looks like 796 is a no brainer.

• Like 1

yep it is and best is i can pick up mine on Saturday already smile.png

whooooaa!

intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

fast man. congrats and happy rides ad it looks like i have to wait until March for my new bike - i might still go for Ducati Hypermotard though and it means a faster receive. See one again yesterday running next to me and what a beauty man, it sounds great as well.

Nice to see Ducati offering new Monster 795 without ABS again

Pro or Con abs does not matter having choices are good for everyone

Monster 795 MY14 (Non ABS) 803cc 399,990

Monster 796 Corse Stripe* (ABS) 449,500

yep, now it is reasonable. i was wondering who would buy a 795.

but they sell 795 better if they make the price around 375 k and 450 k for 796 for a better segmentation.

bc it still looks like 796 is a no brainer.

Yes actually they have even dropped the 795 non abs by 10,000 baht from their previous price.

As when it was still available it was 409,990 & now is 399,990

The Corse 796 is 449,500 with ABS so 10k above the old 795 w/abs price 439,500 baht

I do not know what the new 795 w/abs is priced at

I also do not know if the Corse price is temporary or not.

Either way the new Corse price is far below the old one of 679/699k baht