Topbox for Honda Forza

jkinbkk

I am looking for a Topbox for my Forza.

It won't be a permanent fixture on the bike, just require it's use from time to time.

Therefore I don't really want to spend THB10K+ for a Givi or Coocase model.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a lesser known brand of reasonable quality with an outlet in Khon Kaen/ Roi Et or even online in Thailand?

Thanks

I bought also a SHAD 33 for our Snoopy, 3250 baht + special mounting rack for said bike, something like +400 baht, perhaps SHAD also sells mounting racks for the Forza's.

This setup is however rather permanent as the box is bolted on the rack.

Could be difficult to find in OP's location as mostly expats here in Pattaya seems to buy top boxes, don't know why the Thais don't buy them.

I am very happy with the top box by the way.

I am looking for a Topbox for my Forza. 

It won't be a permanent fixture on the bike, just require it's use from time to time.

Therefore I don't really want to spend THB10K+ for a Givi or Coocase model.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a lesser known brand of reasonable quality with an outlet in Khon Kaen/ Roi Et or even online in Thailand?

Thanks

A Givi top box and rack from Honda will cost you around 5000฿ you get what you pay for, buy cheap and it will look cheap!!

13000฿ for a top box, wow it had better be all singing and dancing!!

Yes, some like short-term fun. I prefer to buy quality.

I have the Givi and rack cost was 5000฿ and it is top quality!! has it got this remote control waste of time thingy?

box is identical to mine apart from the Coocase name and the silver flash, some people just love spending money! each to there own!! It looks good!

Edited by dogpoo

I have the Givi and rack cost was 5000฿ and it is top quality!! has it got this remote control waste of time thingy?

box is identical to mine apart from the Coocase name and the silver flash, some people just love spending money! each to there own!! It looks good!

Yes, remote control, interior lighting and alarm. Looked at Givi, but can not be compared in appearance and quality wise.

Yes, remote control, interior lighting and alarm. Looked at Givi, but can not be compared in appearance and quality wise.

Why on earth do you need an interior light for a top box, is it like the Tardis inside that you need to be able to see what's inside? remote control why? are you not able to unlock it with a key? alarm who takes any notice of an alarm these days, sorry but what a waste of money!! Just my opinion of course!

Our little SHAD33 is also very good quality and it looks good too(if a top case can look good?).

It got a huge red reflector area in the back, no remote, no alarm, no light but a key lock and that works fine.

This bike is a run about short range shopping bike for my wife and the top case is a perfect supplement for that, my wife is very happy with the set up.

Our little SHAD33 is also very good quality and it looks good too(if a top case can look good?). 

It got a huge red reflector area in the back, no remote, no alarm, no light but a key lock and that works fine. 

This bike is a run about short range shopping bike for my wife and the top case is a perfect supplement for that, my wife is very happy with the set up.

Boxes can look good if you look after them, obviously everyone is different, some people love the little gimmicks that push the price up, each to there own!!

Why do you come with so many stupid questions?

Light is to see in the dark. Remote control is to open and lock as well as to activate the alarm, of course I can lock with a key, but easier with remote control. Also comes with inner liner and power outlets for mobile or PC.

To assert that the alarm has no effect is just stupid, of course it has effect. The box can also be removed with a single touch. Also mounted backrest for more comfort to those seated behind.

If you think 5000 THB is enough for a topbox, I think that it is OK to use 13000. It's all what you feel you can afford.

Have your Givi box something similar?

• Like 1

Why do you come with so many stupid questions?

Light is to see in the dark. Remote control is to open and lock as well as to activate the alarm, of course I can lock with a key, but easier with remote control. Also comes with inner liner and power outlets for mobile or PC.

To assert that the alarm has no effect is just stupid, of course it has effect. The box can also be removed with a single touch. Also mounted backrest for more comfort to those seated behind.

If you think 5000 THB is enough for a topbox, I think that it is OK to use 13000. It's all what you feel you can afford.

Have your Givi box something similar?

They are not stupid questions they are simply questions, my top box has exactly what is needed, I don't need an interior light to see inside a small box, I don't need remote locking as I am able to get off my bike and unlock with a key, I see no need for an alarm as my box is removable in seconds after unlocking it, the Forza has a power outlet for a mobile phone but if you have 2 mobile phones then the one inside your top box is useful, if all these gimmicks float your boat then 13000฿ is money well spent!

As for the alarm, alarms are a good thing but in my experience most people simply ignore them but yes it's worth having as it might deter some!

Edited by dogpoo

The one thing I do often is to coat the top box with tire black, this stops the box from fading due to the constant sunshine, the box always looks new! The stuff I use is from Karshine, tire shine plus, Silicone formula!

Edited by dogpoo

dagling have the Rolls Royce of top boxes, nothing wrong with that, his money, his choice. I have to admit that it's pretty cool that you can charge your phone/gps/laptop inside the box on the go.

@ dogpoo, thanks for the tip regarding tire shine

dagling have the Rolls Royce of top boxes, nothing wrong with that, his money, his choice. I have to admit that it's pretty cool that you can charge your phone/gps/laptop inside the box on the go. 

@ dogpoo, thanks for the tip regarding tire shine

Yea I agree it's his money and if he likes it then it's not wrong, the tire shine works great, just give it a quick coat every few days and the box will always look brand new! the Forza has it's own phone charger inside the lockable front box but it's good to have another!

You say you like quality and then when someone gets more quality as you its suddenly not necessary. Seems a bit hypocritical.

As you say to each his or her own.

You say you like quality and then when someone gets more quality as you its suddenly not necessary. Seems a bit hypocritical.

As you say to each his or her own.

Hypocritical no I don't think so, this is a forum where people discuss disagree like or dislike other people's choices, there is no reason for anyone to become upset, I questioned his choice initially discussed it a bit then came to the conclusion that it's his choice and for him the right one!