Travelling Expat Wants Airline Flight Attendant Job In Easia

persianpower

Travelling expat wants airline flight attendant job in EAsia

What are the chances of an expat (from Canada),who speaks basic Mandarin landing a flight attendant job with one of the Asian airlines?

By working as a flight attendant, I'm interested in enhancing my Mandarin as well as picking up a few travel perks along the way.

I want to see more Asian destinations through my job (with a few days time off here and there to explore each destination).

Is there anyone here who has worked for an Asian airline?

i just saw an ad saying that thai airways is hiring and needs someone who speaks mandarin, but they did ask for thai nationals. it would be rather strange to take thai airways and have a farang flight attendant, so your chances are probably slim.

There is a chance of 0% that you would be able to get a job with a Thai airline. Working for an airline is considered extremely prestigious witin Thai society and is off limits to all bar those with good contacts. I have no idea why this is. Can someone enlighten me?

There is a chance of 0% that you would be able to get a job with a Thai airline. Working for an airline is considered extremely prestigious witin Thai society and is off limits to all bar those with good contacts. I have no idea why this is. Can someone enlighten me?

Nepotism dude.

I don't think it's quite so off limits as you may think but end of the day its a well paid job, and lots of girls want it and of course those with connections get the jobs.

Its not just the air hostesses either, many of the well paid counter jobs at the airport are only available to people with good connections, the rest of the staff are hired out to the airport by agencies.

I think what maybe persianpowers main problem is that he's of middle eastern descent and he wants to work for an Asian airline. I'm not sure thats ever going to happen.

Actually its not impossible to get employed with a Thai Airline far from it. (Not speaking from a cabin crew point of view that may be diffferent).

As far as pilots and ground personnel are concerned I know many people who have achieved this with Bangkok Airways, Air Asia Thailand and also PB air.

The problem arises with Thai Airways is that from a pilot point of view they are not hiring expats simply because they now have the flying college in Hua Hin providing as many Thai national recruits as they need.

There are however a lot of expats already established in TG before this ruling came in.

If I were you and looking for a cabin crew job I would look throughout SE asia I think you will be able to secure something Try Air macau or some of the low cost operators out of singapore.

Also try Hong Kong Express in HK.

Good luck..

D.

The problem arises with Thai Airways is that from a pilot point of view they are not hiring expats simply because they now have the flying college in Hua Hin providing as many Thai national recruits as they need.

Is that true? A flying school there? Have any more info, like name or anything?