Poles for pole dancing

Naise

Hi all,

Friend is looking for Poles so she can continue her sport while living in Chiang Mai.

Anyone know if they are made locally or where I can buy 45 mm diameter stainless steel or steel poles with a thread at one end. Any info about buying them in Bangkok would also be very appreciated

• Like 1

There are probably a few well-polished ones from some of the former bars around Washington Square in Bangkok, but they may have already been pilfered/salvaged. A mighty fine sport it is.

Maybe some of the local establishments will let her "train" with the rest.

Likely any shop that sells chrome stuff, mostly gates, rails, etc. Installing it securely will take some thinking; a lot of the bars that have them never see any serious pole dancing, more 'holding the pole', as if in a subway train.

But with the sport in mind, this needs to support a lot of weight and lateral forces. Probably means securing it at bottom and the top, set in cement. (Don't know how, I'm just saying that it's 'a thing', requiring more thought than your typical gate or fixture.

I have witnessed some of the poles at establishments on Soi Cowboy withstand some significant lateral pressures, along with g-forces unknown to more mundane poles from centrifugal forces and swinging from one pole to another. Perhaps a visit to one of these places to examine how they safely anchor them would be in order. I would be happy to accompany you as a consultant.

Edited by Lobo4819
  • Like 1

Your friend couldn't be in a better country to find this product and mounting information. I suggest she go talk to a farang agogo proprieter, there's plenty in Bangkok and Pattaya. I can attest to the sturdiness of the poles at Long Gun biggrin.png

I have a cousin who has always been a fitness freak and has been doing personal training for about 15 years. She took up pole dancing maybe 8 years ago and has been giving classes and personal training in it for at least 5 years. She's been in exhibitions and competitions in UK, and understandably I suppose gets pretty sick of all the same-old, same-old comments. She says it's the hardest 'sport' she has ever done, claims to be fitter than she has ever been, and most of her clients are not much younger than her (she's late 40's). She has 6 poles in her converted double garage, charges an outrageous amount per lesson and is really raking the money in.

She even has a man as a client, who agrees with her that it is more intensive than all the weight training he does. And before anyone comments, he isn't gay and is another of those super-fit types who seem to have no life outside keeping fit and exercising.