Dentists and Opticians - some feedback

Greenwich Boy

I know this sort of subject gets covered regularly but things change, places improve, get worse etc so thought I would pass on my recent experiences of places recommended on this Forum and by other people.

Teeth cleaning at Grace Dental. I know that other dental clinics are also highly recommended (and cheaper) but went here as it is local. I am a fully paid up member of the Boys are Babies at Dentists Club and have not been inside one for 20 years so knew this was not going to be fun.

Dentist (or whatever you want to call her) was very patient with me - I was there well over an hour.

Paid 2,000 Baht which is the top end of their sliding scale which I fully expected.

Very professional all round experience.

Went in to Vision Centre today (the one between UN Irish and the moat) to get contact lenses and ask about getting a proper eye test as I need new lenses as the existing ones are scratched.

Ended up getting seen straight away. Optician suggested that with my prescription (-9.0 or so) and my age (bleedin cheek!) I may struggle to read small print but if I was prepared to compromise a little bit on my 'long vision' I could get away with not needing two pairs of glasses.

I tried both and the 'compromise' one was perfect so professional advice rather than sell a second pair.

To top it off I asked if lenses could be fitted into my existing frames - no problems - come back in a hour all done. Frames cleaned, straightened out 3,500 Baht.

Could not recommend more highly.

So carry on recommending you long stayers - we do appreciate it.

• Like 1