Policeman Mobbed, Severely Injured By Anti-Govt Protesters

Lite Beer

This is the future if Suthep gets his way.

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

you miss the point

It was Suthep who stopped this action

while Taskin would have said Thank you my pawn

He didn't miss the point, he chose to ignore the fact as it doesn't fit in with his bigoted thinking!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow,such reactions?

The police man was not spying ,he wanted to catch the guitar player for copy music!

He only wanted 30 000 bht ,just normal procedure !

The guitar player was pretending he was Elvis ,and fooling everybody !

Lucky the police tried to stop him .

Unlucky for the police man ,there were many Elvis fans.

A question for everyone:

who witnessed the fact the Mighty Suthep stopped the lynching?

A question for you:

Do you know what you are talking about?

Was he murdered or executed?

Nobody witnessed Suthep stopping it because he wasn't there!!

You got one thing right to be fair in calling him the 'mighty Suthep' - 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

Just one remark, i already condemned these actions.

If you read correctly it stopped the moment Suthep hear about it (allegedly) So that points to him not condoning it either. So how that would point that this would happen a lot if he gets in power is beyond me.

That's exactly what Hitler said before he murdered Rohm (special security).

And then he went on to create...?

You should study a bit more modern history my friend.

Ah godwins law is true again.

Brilliant. Agreed! Well put! clap2.gifwai2.gif

Let's move on now...

A question for everyone:

A question for you:

Do you know what you are talking about?

Was he murdered or executed?

Nobody witnessed Suthep stopping it because he wasn't there!!

You got one thing right to be fair in calling him the 'mighty Suthep' - 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Yes I know what I am talking about because I am not stupid.

And you just replied a rethorical question...

He wasn't murdered neither executed. Was simply beaten until he had to be recovered in hospital.

That is enough to condemn the action and call out on propaganda when press reports "Mighty Suthep" stopped the lynching (or beating, if it is more suitable for you.)

A question for everyone:

After Suthep and the yellow thugs illegally occupied government buildings, stole inside these offices, intimidated the mass media, shot three red shirts, attacked violently the pro-government supporters, set a bus on fire, beat up a journalist on order of one of their insane leader, and even cowardly beat a policeman... there is no way you can trust what they say. No way.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A question for everyone:

After Suthep and the yellow thugs illegally occupied government buildings, stole inside these offices, intimidated the mass media, shot three red shirts, attacked violently the pro-government supporters, set a bus on fire, beat up a journalist on order of one of their insane leader, and even cowardly beat a policeman... there is no way you can trust what they say. No way.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I did not trust him and his clan since he said government must overthrown and a People's Council must be put to the power.

History repeating...

As I am emphatically convinced that practically ninety nine and nine tenths percent of these protesters (ALL) have no clue as to the electoral process or how it works, then I can only conclude that their gathering is nothing more than a bunch of hooligans illegally disrupting the normal flow of society for no purpose other than to demonstrate that very few cowboys can truly drive 10,000 cattle from point A to point B with little or no effort at all (500 THB), and don't get in the way of those cattle when they are moving along, because you'll get trampled.

Get 'em to do this... get 'em to do that. No problem! Throw out a few bails of hay and they are yours.

It seems that no law in Thailand is ever the standard; ever obeyed (possibly) by more than 10% of the people at any given moment as long as it suits their FACE or their emotions or whim at that given moment. No law in Thailand is safe. No law in Thailand can be a barrier to protect anyone from a tsunami of idiots at any given, knee-jerk moment. No standards, no principles, no accountability, no understanding of the meaning of why they do what they do. Lunacy!

I submit; how is it that any one of these protestors can stand and protest at all, when (IMHO) they have no clue about the meaning of the very things they are protesting about; the very meaning being that they are illegally and hypocritically going against the very precepts that they agreed to in the last general election and the results of the last general election?

Why now? Why not the day after the winning candidate was voted in? Why not beat and injure police on a daily basis? Why not forego the general elections and simply have a huge protest with each party squaring off against each other and the winner gets the prize: the power to rule?

What this all tells me is that at the heart of these people lies only the merest idiotic excuse to resort to this sort of behavior. All they need is a lie to cover up their ignorance and to give all appearances of being "well-informed voters" who have "had enough" or who want to deceive an intelligent person into thinking that they (the protesters) have or deserve any credibility from an intelligent person, when in fact they cannot demonstrate that they have used and exhausted the same laws and legal processes which they used to get the government into office to get that same government out of office?

That last paragraph translated: How stupid is it that they peacefully elect a government, and within four years on average they violently remove that same government: which results in deaths and injuries?

The amount of lunacy it takes to behave this way, combined with my opinion that they know nothing about their own laws and electoral processes. This also gives leeway to the possibility that they do not give a fig about anything beyond their bestial appetites. It also gives leeway to the possibility that they are ignorant enough to be so easily manipulated; moreover so stupid as to allow flattery to deceive them into actually thinking that they are "well informed voters" who should embrace the notion that they have "had enough"? Enough of what? Enough of the solution that they voted into office. Are these people schizo?

They have general elections. The ones elected make laws. The ones who elected their leaders into office to make laws do not themselves obey these laws which their leaders make. In fact, if they don't agree with these laws they endeavor to flank the laws. Most don't even know about these laws and therefore they do not obey the law. The ones empowered to uphold the law also do not do so. They manipulate the law in order to create a cottage industry to line their own pockets.

In summary, Thais have created an institution whereby they do the following in this order: They vote, they elect, they disobey those whom they elected and the laws enacted by the ones they elected, they condone the corrupt behavior of those empowered to uphold the the laws which are not obeyed, and to keep things exciting and on the cutting edge of lunacy, they jump at the excuse to throw out the ones who they elected for 500 THB just so they can go through the same lunatic process all over again.

The protesters? Well.. it all adds up to a bunch of hooligans illegally disrupting the normal flow of society for no purpose other than to demonstrate that very few cowboys can truly drive 10,000 cattle from point A to point B with little or no effort at all (500 THB), and don't get in the way of those cattle when they are moving along, because you'll get trampled by a bunch of bovines who have "had enough".

• Like 2

I was watching footage from Bangkok on Channel News Asia (Singapore) today and they showed a Policeman placing a black plastic garbage bag over a Street Security camera.

The shot was used several times but no mention of what it was all about. Anyone have any ideas?

You are just lowering yourselves to the level of the red shirts.

Both groups are already at the same level.

The unrest in Thailand will not end until both sides realize this.

This is obviously another one of those cases where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I respect yours.

I just feel differently.

The "Prachachon" did not burn down Bangkok, set of many bombs and generally try to prove their point through violent means.

Fully agree with your comments, how can the voting public of Thailand support these acts of brutality, hope fully they won't !

Always nice when people posting but haven't a clue about the topic.

These are NOT the yellow shirts. The yellow shirts were the PAD....

OH COME ON!

Its the same players, in different uniforms! Wake up and smell the coffee!

You are just lowering yourselves to the level of the red shirts.

Both groups are already at the same level.

The unrest in Thailand will not end until both sides realize this.

This is obviously another one of those cases where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I respect yours.

I just feel differently.

The "Prachachon" did not burn down Bangkok, set of many bombs and generally try to prove their point through violent means.

Let's face it.

Everyone is basically the same.

We all (except rich power hungry megalomaniacs) want the same thing.

To be able to live in peace with our families.

Have creature comforts.

Have a way to provide food, shelter, clothing, education, etc. to our families.

Have comfortable transportation (a car, truck, bike, what have you).

And not have our families not live in fear.

That just about does it.

Do you feel that way with this government in charge ?

I do not kap wai.gif

P.S. Do you live here in the Kingdom ?

Just wondering.smile.png

Edited by SouthernMan3

Always nice when people posting but haven't a clue about the topic.

These are NOT the yellow shirts. The yellow shirts were the PAD....

OH COME ON!

Its the same players, in different uniforms! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Wrong.

We are the Prachachon ! wai.gifWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ce.52UL_9jJ74.png

First question that comes to mind, was he in uniform or did he have any other thing that would identify him as a cop ?

I don't see that stated anywhere.

Second question is, was he carrying a weapon as was the last cop they caught ?

No mention of that either.

Sure no one should ever get beat up but considering the last two they caught who they suspected of being spies were taken and handed over to the police, so there may have been something that caused this overreaction.

More than one side to every story, right ?

And why do they need guards ?

Two reasons the first ; being that the police cant be trusted to do their job, as per the army having to be called in to get the students out of the Uni.

Second is ; in the past there have been attacks on anti-Government protesters, see reason one.

No I'm not defending anyone but then I'm not having a verbal kick at anyone either.

Are you serious? You don't think these 'PDRC' protesters are pretty much the same crowd that took over Govt House and then the airport- PAD/yellow shirts? What like those people arn't showen up this time?! what a joke, absolute rubbish, the Democrats may not be PAD but PAD is defiantly PDRC. PAD was also against direct elections and wanted the elected PM out.

SICHONSTEVE said:

>They are NOT the yellow shirts, just the same as the yellow shirts are not the Democrats (who had a frosty relationship together for a period)!!

First post rounded it all up, even though the yellow shirt reference is not correct. I'm quite sure Suthep has bought an ample amount of brown shirts already to adjust his dresscode accordingly.

Edited by catweazle

• 3 weeks later...

I'm mostly lurking here and trying to make sense of the whole Thai political thing. I really appreciate everyone's postings. They are really helpful. Thanks!

I've been married to a Thai woman from Korat for nearly 30 years (here in the US) and my first time in Thailand this past March had me in LOVE with Chiang Mai - apparently not a surprise to many of you. It was the home I never thought I'd ever experience.

We plan on moving to CM in a couple years (retirement), and I'm really stressed about the current political climate. As a farang, does anyone think that Westerners will be "ousted" or looked down upon in the foreseeable future? I don't feel like being beat up by some Thai guys simply because I'm farang.

(Sorry if this derails the thread. Feel free to move it or recommend a better place.)