Bit Torrent Clients

rio666uk

Ive been using utorrent as my client for downloading series2 of lost from tvtorrents dot com - fine

noticing that ive fallen behind a bit i revisited to download the last 3 episodes - only to be advised that ive run out of credits and need to "seed" my downloaded files in order to earn some more credits before making further downloads - fine

now despite reading the faqs on the site that say how to seed - i cant fking get utorrent to do anything bar sit there looking miserable

zone alarm - programs - is letting the client in and out so i downloaded azureus and have had the same thing with that

im new to this torrent business but i aint new to computers - in fact its my job - but this has got me seithing with rage - im at the cant see the wood for the trees stage i think

any ideas before a go on a violence spree

i have a question about bittorrent!...

im using Bitlord....often times i have problems with "rubbish data dropped"...

for example right now...im downloading this movie...

TOtal downloaded is like 3.45 GB....but rubbish data dropped is 2.85 GB....

how do i fix this?? is there a way?

some of these torrent sites have donations acceptence. the torrent site that i am with, i pay them about 10USD sometimes and it kicks my ratio up to 2.00. thats good enough to start me off and i just keep seeding whatever i have downloaded and it just gets it rolling.

dont know which site you are at. but see if they have donations in return for ratio upgrades kinda deal.

kkhengvibul. no idea but heard of some local ISP's who send in "rubbish" together with the bit torrents that you are downloading. maybe someone else can confirm this.

i have a question about bittorrent!...

im using Bitlord....often times i have problems with "rubbish data dropped"...

for example right now...im downloading this movie...

TOtal downloaded is like 3.45 GB....but rubbish data dropped is 2.85 GB....

how do i fix this?? is there a way?

I get the same problem with some torrents, I'm 99% done and then no more. :o

For the OP, have you tried Isohunt.com, it's pretty good. On my ancient computer and with a 1mb line I can bring down 'lost' in about an hour. :D

Are you connectable? This should help when seeding as you connect to everyone in the swarm.

Like it was said before, it could be that there are loads of seeders on the torrent so your upload rate will be low.

Bitlord - some private trackers don't like bitlord, bitcomet or bitspirit and you may find that other users will ban you from their upload if you are using any of these clients. You might want to try using uTorrent, Azureus or BitTornado (my favourite)