Crackdown On Flashy, Skin-tight Uni Uniforms

george

Elk ... how someone dresses on their own time is their own business ... at work at school etc is a different matter

I disagree JD. Also, I believe that we are NOT talking about super mini 'mini skirts'. From what the complaining Thai department is saying, the 'offending' dress is very normal & accepted in most parts of the world. This type of dress is simply highlighting the physical profile of the person in a more defined way...as per the choice of the individual.

Also, most businesses/institutions in the western world are actually realising that relaxed dress codes improve productivity. Ok, I realise that this is Thailand but the logic is still the same. If someone wishes to dress a certain way, who will be affected by this? This is obviously a personal choice. And since Thai people now have access to the internet, it will be impossible to shield Thai people from international fashions & trends.

Subsequently, such draconian dress codes will only serve to provoke some form of rebellion amongst the persons controlled by such draconian codes.

Dress is 'dress'...it is not the end of the world.

Edited by elkangorito

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all I am just asking a simple question and nobody answer it.

Why do you think/feel that girls dressed in thight clothes are sexy.

That is all, please answer.

Alex

And as for Thai boyfriends getting upset...they are buddhist & basically couldn't be bothered by such 'red necked' ideas.

:o ????!!!!!

If i were you i would be very careful in case you want to have a good stare at a girl here when her Thai boyfriend, or his mates, are anywhere in the vicinity. You may find out that Buddhism does not exactly translate into every case of human behavior here...

Dear all I am just asking a simple question and nobody answer it.

Why do you think/feel that girls dressed in thight clothes are sexy.

That is all, please answer.

Alex

Why does anyone feel anything about anybody? Answer: personal choice.

And as for Thai boyfriends getting upset...they are buddhist & basically couldn't be bothered by such 'red necked' ideas.

:o ????!!!!!

If i were you i would be very careful in case you want to have a good stare at a girl here when her Thai boyfriend, or his mates, are anywhere in the vicinity. You may find out that Buddhism does not exactly translate into every case of human behavior here...

Thats not been my experience but I hear you.

A rather nasty game plan that regularly leads to extreme violence here:

How does a girl here tests the love of her boyfriend? She will give the eye to another bloke. If her boyfriend really loves her - he (and his mates) will beat the living daylights out of the poor bloke.

Risking to be accused of trolling and dishonesty again :o , I personally have been present at many very nasty fights here (including machetes and guns) that were started by someone staring at someone else's girlfriend, and from this point escalated.

Ok It seems the message does not come across. would like to discuss this in real life.

When is the next Visa party?

Kind regards to all of you.

Alex

I take it that you are talking about what individuals find attractive or unattractive in anothers dress sense.

So, with regard to female uni students wearing 'skin tight' clothing, what point of yours did you feel did not 'come across'?

Obviously some people's experience of Thailand is so radically different from that of EVERYONE else that it verges on .....

Here's to the Uni students! gotta love those uniforms!

A rather nasty game plan that regularly leads to extreme violence here:

How does a girl here tests the love of her boyfriend? She will give the eye to another bloke. If her boyfriend really loves her - he (and his mates) will beat the living daylights out of the poor bloke.

Risking to be accused of trolling and dishonesty again :o , I personally have been present at many very nasty fights here (including machetes and guns) that were started by someone staring at someone else's girlfriend, and from this point escalated.

I have many & varied friends in Thailand & have not yet been subject to such attrocities. Maybe my turn will come?

However, I have never 'salivated' or 'obsessively ogled' at the sight of someone attractive. On the other hand, I have controlled myself & thus avoided a possible confrontation.

How certain girls 'test the love of their boyfriends' is something that is generally understood on a world wide basis but this is not the business of uniforms. This is THEIR business. Unless one is a teenager learning these things, one may inherently know to what limit of 'ogling' they can get away with.

Again, tight uniforms are the business of the wearer. Responses to the sight of wearers of such uniforms are the responsibility of the one witnessing such tight uniforms. Therefore, the outcome of witnessing someone wearing a 'tight' & perhaps attarctive 'dress', is up to how someone wishes to react to such a sight. It is in no way, the responsibility of the wearer of such a 'dress', to be responsible for the reaction of another.

In no way can anybody dispute the choice of wearing 'tight fitting' uniforms as being inappropriate. The uniforms are NOT the problem...the reaction to them IS the problem. Therefore, I suggest certain people CHANGE their reaction to such uniforms. The REACTION to such uniforms may be inappropriate.

Edited by elkangorito

I have many & varied friends in Thailand & have not yet been subject to such attrocities. Maybe my turn will come?

Again, tight uniforms are the business of the wearer. Responses to the sight of wearers of such uniforms are the responsibility of the one witnessing such tight uniforms. Therefore, the outcome of witnessing someone wearing a 'tight' & perhaps an attarctive 'dress', is up to how someone wishes to react to such a sight. It is in no way, the responsibility of the wearer of such a 'dress', to be responsible for the reaction of another.

In an ideal world, you are right. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world, and not fair.

Of course the ones whose reaction to some girl wearing a tight dress is harrasment or even rape are wrong. But i believe that this does not help the poor girl who gets raped or harrassed.

I can't make any judgement on your friends, but maybe you should start quizzing your friends about crime and grime in Thailand. Many of my Thai friends from the better classes have no experiences of those "atrocities", but through my friends who are what many people might describe as "the wrong sort" :o , i have been introduced to a side of Thailand that has changed my perception of Thailand considerably.

Obviously some people's experience of Thailand is so radically different from that of EVERYONE else that it verges on .....

Here's to the Uni students! gotta love those uniforms!

I always preferred to make my own experiences rather than following what *EVERYONE* believes, even if i risk contradicting what *EVERYONE* believes to be reality.

Edited by ColPyat

Again, tight uniforms are the business of the wearer. Responses to the sight of wearers of such uniforms are the responsibility of the one witnessing such tight uniforms. Therefore, the outcome of witnessing someone wearing a 'tight' & perhaps an attarctive 'dress', is up to how someone wishes to react to such a sight. It is in no way, the responsibility of the wearer of such a 'dress', to be responsible for the reaction of another.

In an ideal world, you are right. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world, and not fair.

Of course the ones whose reaction to some girl wearing a tight dress is harrasment or even rape are wrong. But i believe that this does not help the poor girl who gets raped or harrassed.

I can't make any judgement on your friends, but maybe you should start quizzing your friends about crime and grime in Thailand. Many of my Thai friends from the better classes have no experiences of those "atrocities", but through my friends who are what many people might describe as "the wrong sort" :o , i have been introduced to a side of Thailand that has changed my perception of Thailand considerably.

What are you suggesting? Do you therefore think that the wearing of 'tight' uniforms be banned? Do you really think that the reactions of others is NOT a problem & that the wearers of such 'tight' uniforms IS a problem?

Do you really think that nobody has control over their emotions/reactions?

What are you suggesting? Do you therefore think that the wearing of 'tight' uniforms be banned? Do you really think that the reactions of others is NOT a problem & that the wearers of such 'tight' uniforms IS a problem?

I don't think hardly anything should be "banned".

I think people should be intelligent enough to take certain precautions, and not just be blind towards very real dangers.

Yes, the problem are the reaction of others and not the tight uniforms, but until we have a way to stop them from reacting we have to plead for the second best option - taking care how our daughters dress.

And, yes, most people have enough control, they are not the problem though, the ones who cannot control themselves are the problem, and given the huge amounts of rapes in Thailand - they are a very real problem.

This is bad. No to prohibition. Let them feel free and dress however they want, it's their own business anyways. It's not like 9 years old children are going to attend these Universities, like Abac or BU.

All good except the fact that studies about rapers showed no tangible connection between dress code and rapes.

Unfortunately rapes are quite common even in countries where women are not allowed to dress "provocantly", there goes your theories...

All good except the fact that studies about rapers showed no tangible connection between dress code and rapes.

Unfortunately rapes are quite common even in countries where women are not allowed to dress "provocantly", there goes your theories...

I have mentioned this already earlier in the thread, but those studies have been done in the west. I have my doubts about the validity of those studies here in this environment of a completely different culture, in which the good-girl/bad-girl concept including attributes of each is social norm. The usual opportunistic gang rape situations are very often excused by the culprits of the girls having "provoced" the attacks.

dress codes are a good thing ... they tend to balance things out some

put family financial status down to less of an issue etc.

As far as rape goes ... it's not the issue of the thread .... but it is amazing that the consensus of EXPERTS in a field don't matter ... just what one person thinks! :o <<BTW the girls gangraped in the other thread were not wearing revealing clothes>>

BKK must be crazy dangerous now ... you can't take a taxi ... look at a pretty girl/handsome man ... walk at night .... take a taxi ..... hel_l just about anything!

My comments in blue.

I don't think hardly anything should be "banned".

Agreed.

I think people should be intelligent enough to take certain precautions, and not just be blind towards very real dangers. 'Should' is a command. How can you command anyone to be intelligent enough to take the precautions that you prescribe? And what if they don't measure up to your expected level of intelligence? Do you lock them up in your personal version of 'life'?

Yes, the problem are the reaction of others and not the tight uniforms, but until we have a way to stop them from reacting we have to plead for the second best option - taking care how our daughters dress.

There is no way 'WE' can control the reactions of anybody...unless 'WE' live in the futuristic world of the 'Minority Report'. Your wish is to change the thoughts of others? How can you do this? You can neither change the thoughts or future actions of anybody. For how long do you wish to control what your 'university age' daughter wears before she rebels & does something to 'spite' you?

I know some old 'victorian thinking' women that think like this & it has led to nothing but rebellion & the opposite of their intention. Your intentions may be honourable but I believe them to be unrealistic & unworkable.

And, yes, most people have enough control, they are not the problem though, the ones who cannot control themselves are the problem, and given the huge amounts of rapes in Thailand - they are a very real problem. What if the 'rapists' are turned on by girls NOT wearing skin tight clothes? I guess it's time to 'lock up' your daughters. After you've completely constricted your daughters life to what you believe to be an acceptable level, will you be satisfied?

At the end of the day, any individual will insist upon being an individual. This cannot be changed. To oppose this will do nothing but to invoke a possible rebellion from the individual. On the other hand, allowing the individual to be who they wish to be & advising them of the possible consequences, is a more understanding, loving & humane way of assisting them.

It is then up to the parent to deal with their own feelings & not make the child responsible for these parental feelings. There are always losses & gains on both sides.

'Caring' for someone may show the world that one is 'nice' (good for the ego) but the feelings & requirements of the 'cared for' person are largely ignored if strict conditions are placed upon the 'cared for'.

I er... I just needed to have, er.. a look at this uhm, fred, euh... Just to, ya know, make sure there are no pictures that may disturb others...

Just ah... Doing my duty as a concerned citizen, you understand.

:D Is this disturbing Kayo?

LaoPo

LaoPo, did you have permission from the elephant to post his/her pic on TV? This could turn out to be a very serious charge as the elephant is totally naked :D

Permission? Yes, I asked her mother :o

LaoPo

Laopo.... You can´t do that (yes, very disturbing). You know... MY mother can not give you permission to use MY pic. I don´t see why you feel you can get away with it with poor old CHangers.

Also, to paraphrase somebody elses REPEATED commment on here, Please explain why you like Elephants in tight dress and what you feel /think when you see one?

Please explain why you like girls in thight dress and what you feel /think when you see one?

:D:D:D:D

Good answer 4shame!

Hi Moderator

Just try to find out

why thight dresed girls are considered more sexy.

Alex

I dunno about thight dresed, but I like a tight dress on a girl.

My uncle always said; Marry the plain ones, shag the cute ones.

I er... I just needed to have, er.. a look at this uhm, fred, euh... Just to, ya know, make sure there are no pictures that may disturb others...

Just ah... Doing my duty as a concerned citizen, you understand.

:D Is this disturbing Kayo?

LaoPo

LaoPo, did you have permission from the elephant to post his/her pic on TV? This could turn out to be a very serious charge as the elephant is totally naked :D

Permission? Yes, I asked her mother :o

LaoPo

Laopo.... You can´t do that (yes, very disturbing). You know... MY mother can not give you permission to use MY pic. I don´t see why you feel you can get away with it with poor old CHangers.

Sorry Kayo...didn't know it was you :D .....BTW: your Mother is quite attractive :D

Also, to paraphrase somebody elses REPEATED commment on here, Please explain why you like Elephants in tight dress and what you feel /think when you see one?

[/b]

Please explain why you like girls in thight dress and what you feel /think when you see one?

:D:D:D:D

Good answer 4shame!

Hi Moderator

Just try to find out

why thight dresed girls are considered more sexy.

Alex

I dunno about thight dresed, but I like a tight dress on a girl.

My uncle always said; Marry the plain ones, shag the cute ones.

LaoPo

Quote: The REACTION to such uniforms may be inappropriate.

Ah, I see you got it. :o

Anyway as this board is monitored by Thai governement officials that are for example responsible for giving advice on uni student outfits they will give an advice to uni's to be more strict and not allow short skirts and tight shirts based upon some individuals reactions here.

However, if we all say that there is nothing sexy ore provocative about the wearing of such clothes, then they would know that there is no threat to those innocent grey sheeps that are just following fashion trends from foreigner point of view.

And as a result this dress code advice handed out by them could be loosened and we could all enjoy what we see and walk around with a big smile in the land of smiles.

(This is just a conspiracy theory).

:D

Kind regards,

Oh and by the way I find women that wear burka's highly provocative. They make their eyes look so beautyfull that you ask yourself what is underneath, just kidding na.

Alex

Edited by AlexLah

Quote: The REACTION to such uniforms may be inappropriate.

Ah, I see you got it. :o

Anyway as this board is monitored by Thai governement officials that are for example responsible for giving advice on uni student outfits they will give an advice to uni's to be more strict and not allow short skirts and tight shirts based upon some individuals reactions here.

However, if we all say that there is nothing sexy ore provocative about the wearing of such clothes, then they would know that there is no threat to those innocent grey sheeps that are just following fashion trends from foreigner point of view.

And as a result this dress code advice handed out by them could be loosened and we could all enjoy what we see and walk around with a big smile in the land of smiles.

(This is just a conspiracy theory).

:D

Kind regards,

Oh and by the way I find women that wear burka's highly provocative. They make their eyes look so beautyfull that you ask yourself what is underneath, just kidding na.

Alex

So.. did the nasa rover land near your home? Is tennis on clay court the national sport up there? Man curiosity is eating me alive :D

You know, I stumbled upon a video of C. Aguilera and B. Spears, I have to say there are some warped minds in US too uh. Oh and their target is young people, not only dirty men...mmm.

Maybe you want to ask them why their audience likes young girls in thight dresses.

Oh and eyes fetish in those countries is very common.... poor buggers.

Edited by KhunMarco