Protest leader Suthep says Feb 2 election must be put off

webfact

"Its just that when it comes to Thai democracy, the ironically named Democrat Party is among the worst practitioners. Tens of thousands of Yellow Shirts are marching across the country, but demanding the establishment of royalist councils is hardly a peoples revolution. If anyone has been exercising people power, its the 15 million voters who elected Yingluck and her Pheu Thai party in July 2011.

Read more: Thailands Democrat Party Is Hilariously Misnamed | TIME.com http://world.time.com/2013/11/28/thailands-democrat-party-is-hilariously-misnamed/#ixzz2nKP84g00"

This is what the world thinks of the Dems and this idiot and of course it reflects very badly on Thailand.

Yawn. Yawn. Post something new

Democracy - is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws

PTP Democracy - is a form of government where the friends and family of Thaksin participate as Skype-controlled lackeys and the laws are changed for the massive benefit of the few

Amazing there are still Suthep supporters on this forum! 1514025.gif

Just goes to show how desperate some people are to get their snouts back in the trough! Can't have those nasty Shins eating all the swill, now, can we?

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep going Suthep, I like to see more baht to the dollar, good work.....postpone the election, bring in the military, set up a powerless group to be the political 'face' of the country, and let the money men get on with controlling the country and their own well being, as it has always been.....in short.....no change for Thailand but more change in the pocket for me smile.png win all around

As well as collecting the subsidy for your wife's rice? It doesn't take much to keep some happy.

Democrats have got to stop whining and come up with a policy and plan to win the majority vote. What can they say or do that will sway millions of voters to switch their support? Just screaming "our guy isn't corrupt as your guy" is no campaign motto.They are becoming an International joke with their talk of "people" when they are the minority. Without elections they have no legitimacy and Suthep? C'mon.

"Its just that when it comes to Thai democracy, the ironically named Democrat Party is among the worst practitioners. Tens of thousands of Yellow Shirts are marching across the country, but demanding the establishment of royalist councils is hardly a peoples revolution. If anyone has been exercising people power, its the 15 million voters who elected Yingluck and her Pheu Thai party in July 2011.

Read more: Thailands Democrat Party Is Hilariously Misnamed | TIME.com http://world.time.com/2013/11/28/thailands-democrat-party-is-hilariously-misnamed/#ixzz2nKP84g00"

This is what the world thinks of the Dems and this idiot and of course it reflects very badly on Thailand.

Democracy - is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equallyeither directly or through elected representativesin the proposal, development, and creation of laws

PTP Democracy - is a form of government where the friends and family of Thaksin participate as Skype-controlled lackeys and the laws are changed for the massive benefit of the few

As has already been pointed out endless times, the 'form of government' being proposed by this man is known as 'dictatorship', which is the exact opposite of democracy.

Historically, true democracy has always been hard-won, but going backwards is not the way, whatever the supposed provocation. Not, of course, that it's any of our business, but I know which side I'd be on if this was happening in the UK.

Democracy - is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equallyeither directly or through elected representativesin the proposal, development, and creation of laws

As has already been pointed out endless times, the 'form of government' being proposed by this man is known as 'dictatorship', which is the exact opposite of democracy.

Historically, true democracy has always been hard-won, but going backwards is not the way, whatever the supposed provocation. Not, of course, that it's any of our business, but I know which side I'd be on if this was happening in the UK.

I believe he has stated that after a revised framework has been out in place to deal with corruption and cheating by MPs, the committee will resign and members will be ineligible for reelection for 5 years

I believe he has stated that after a revised framework has been out in place to deal with corruption and cheating by MPs, the committee will resign and members will be ineligible for reelection for 5 years

He has a wide history of corruption, which rights does he have to do what he is doing?

Everyone wants to "kill" Thaksin, then accept this corrupted megalomaniac to write rules? Oh gosh...

Edited by newcomer71

Keep going Suthep, I like to see more baht to the dollar, good work.....postpone the election, bring in the military, set up a powerless group to be the political 'face' of the country, and let the money men get on with controlling the country and their own well being, as it has always been.....in short.....no change for Thailand but more change in the pocket for me smile.png win all around

As well as collecting the subsidy for your wife's rice? It doesn't take much to keep some happy.

If a decent / fair price was given to the rice farmers no subsidy would be needed.

Cool! So I guess Suthep should lead by example and have himself arrested for Corruption, Treason, incitement to vandalism and murder. Following that a large chunk of the "Dems", then perhaps the courts can impeach the elected ministers et al (like they do in other parts of the democratic world) and in the meantime, we can still have an election.

Sorry dude, but I do not see how removing the right for people to vote even for one day can help stem corruption and it sure is a very, very dangerous precedent to even consider this form of so called solution. How can you even trust this Mad Dog on his word when he has been embroiled in corruption scandals way before Thaksin ever was? How do you know for sure that if he gets his way, the so called "honest people" appointed to the council are not more of the same at best, or worse still some dangerous lunatics with no way of getting them out of office? What guarantee have you been given that power will return to the people if Mad Dog gets his way?

• Like 1

he's scared he is scared yinluck will be voted in again

Let you into a secret...Suthep is scared of no-one... what he knows and all of us here with a little grey matter know, is that PTP will certainly win another election.. How do we know, because the whole election is bought and paid for by the Headman system in all Thai towns and villages in the north.. Peoples there are scared...scared not to vote PTP. Go up there and look for yourself what happens at election time.. It will be enlightening. It is still very illiterate in the north of Thailand with maybe 50% of voting peoples cannot read and write.. They do as they and their families before them do... and that is what they are told to do.. Unluckily for the rest of the country there are too many parliamentary seats to be had and where people live that actually know what is going on there are very few seats.. Resulting in a NO-WIN situation for the middle classes whose tax money is being stolen by the corrupt..

1) Why is this idiot still on the streets let alone still speaking?

2) Why is this idiot getting away with disobeying a direct ruling from the King of Thailand?

3) He wants an election, he doesn't want an election......<deleted> !!!!

Say what you like..this Rusputin has the backing of some very very powerful figures...this is the general opinion of the thai people...just have a conversation the them and you will know.

Let you into a secret...Suthep is scared of no-one... what he knows and all of us here with a little grey matter know, is that PTP will certainly win another election.. How do we know, because the whole election is bought and paid for by the Headman system in all Thai towns and villages in the north.. Peoples there are scared...scared not to vote PTP. Go up there and look for yourself what happens at election time.. It will be enlightening. It is still very illiterate in the north of Thailand with maybe 50% of voting peoples cannot read and write.. They do as they and their families before them do... and that is what they are told to do.. Unluckily for the rest of the country there are too many parliamentary seats to be had and where people live that actually know what is going on there are very few seats.. Resulting in a NO-WIN situation for the middle classes whose tax money is being stolen by the corrupt..

I'll let you in on a little secret, the middleclass are always the ones that carry the burden that is just part of democracy anywhere on this planet and there is more to it than thinking you are educated and someone else is not, there is something called common sense. Those poor illiterate people up North have enough common sense to know that they have been oppressed long enough by the people you support, it does not take a rcocket scientist or a bribe to figure that one and who to vote for. And if you think you would be better off under a more corrupt dictatorship I would think you might want to look at other countries that have had dictators before taking that stance.

• Like 2

how can a corrupt cheat stop corruption and cheating?

The Time article was written by someone who has a cursory surface understanding of what is going on here, but his article is deeply flawed and wrong. Please do proper research before writing. The Thaksin regime is a cancer in the kingdom of Thailand and they must be removed before they kill the country which the PT administration has come close to doing.

The democratic reform he is proposing is to end democracy and replace it with an appointed council with

him as the head. You really can't make this stuff up. Must be democratic because he is calling it democratic reform.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.giffacepalm.gif

The Time article was written by someone who has a cursory surface understanding of what is going on here, but his article is deeply flawed and wrong. Please do proper research before writing. The Thaksin regime is a cancer in the kingdom of Thailand and they must be removed before they kill the country which the PT administration has come close to doing.

Perhaps with your deep and unparalleled understanding of everything Thailand you could offer your services to Time, assuming the "people's council" option falls through?

Yeah and they all eat their babies in the North and Isaan too. facepalm.gif They're all thick as pig $hit so let's not waste our time trying to convince them that they should vote Democrat or even waste our words trying to convince them that Thaksin will eventually try to remove their beloved monarchy.

Tanks please, we want our cosy plutocracy back!

I think you are the one who needs to "go up there ..." ?

• Like 2

I'll let you in to a secret too. I live in Kanchanaburi where the Democrats always do rather well come election time. Wifeys family always get their 500bht from the Dem candidate. Vote buying takes place all over Thailand by every single party and more than likely makes no difference at all to the count and having lived for a while in a 'red' village I can assure you that they are far from intimidated into voting PT. They do so out of loathing for the Democrats and the so called 'elite'.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

100% correct my wife's family lives in Kanchanaburi also and the get the little handshake from the Democrats as well. It is not unique to one party. In Chiangmai the red candidate only hands out bags of rice worth about 200 baht.

First, let me state that Suthep is the Democrat's Chalerm. He has let power go to his head. Still, he is clever, like Chalerm, in that the longer it takes to reinstall a new Thaksin government, the more the rotteness in the PTP becomes evident. PTP desperately needs to quickly get back in a position to quickly pass some spending bills that can be used to cover the rotteness of the Rice Scheme and other failing schemes. The have been secretely robbing Peter to pay Paul Thaksin/PTP. This government has been running a 'Ponzi' scheme since the got elected.