Isuzu D- Max Brakes

Valentine

Earlier this year I purchased a new 2 door Isuzu D-Max Z Prestige. I find the brakes really touchy at low speed i.e. they seem to grab quite strongly when having to apply the brake suddenly, like the pads are gone. I brought to the attention of the service department who reckon it was normal but fiddled around with it for a while & muttering about factory dust. It did not make any difference. I have never had this on any vehicle here including Isuzu a few years back. I am wondering if anyone else has the same experience. I did test drive another Isuzu & the brakes were the same but this "normal" just does not feel right.

I am on my 4th Isuzu D-Max 4X4 Ute, 2 in Thailand and 2 in OZ. the latest one I bought 12 months ago is touchier on the brakes.

When you have it serviced they hook it up to the computer to see how you drive it. This is immediately sent to Japan and the computer print out is then sent back to your dealer. It tells them every thing that has happened to that vehicle from the time you purchased it. How many times you started it, how far you have travelled, how fast you drive it, how many revs you drive it at, what gear you drive it in compared to the speed and engine revs, if you were in 4X4 or other drive modes, how many times you have used the brake pedal and if you have had to make an emergency brake stop. I think you get 5 free computer print outs and then you have to pay for them.

From the time I picked mine up and it had it's first service. It showed that I had braked 732 times and had to make one emergency brake stop. It was spot on re the emergency stop, but I can tell you I don't count the times I brake, but it does.

'O' it also has smiley or sad faces against all the points it checks on the computer readout, mine had all smiley faces but one sad face where I had to emergency brake.

Edited by OZEMADE

I am on my 4th Isuzu D-Max 4X4 Ute, 2 in Thailand and 2 in OZ. the latest one I bought 12 months ago is touchier on the brakes.

When you have it serviced they hook it up to the computer to see how you drive it. This is immediately sent to Japan and the computer print out is then sent back to your dealer. It tells them every thing that has happened to that vehicle from the time you purchased it. How many times you started it, how far you have travelled, how fast you drive it, how many revs you drive it at, what gear you drive it in compared to the speed and engine revs, if you were in 4X4 or other drive modes, how many times you have used the brake pedal and if you have had to make an emergency brake stop. I think you get 5 free computer print outs and then you have to pay for them.

From the time I picked mine up and it had it's first service. It showed that I had braked 732 times and had to make one emergency brake stop. It was spot on re the emergency stop, but I can tell you I don't count the times I brake, but it does.

'O' it also has smiley or sad faces against all the points it checks on the computer readout, mine had all smiley faces but one sad face where I had to emergency brake.

"...mine had all smiley faces but one sad face where I had to emergency brake..."

...you should get a double smiley for the(successful) emergency brake smile.pngsmile.png