Transportation Nong Hoi to airport... how?

momoha

Hi,

I live in Nong Hoi, east of the Ping river, near Mahidol, and I need to get transportation from my house to the aiport on the 22 December around 7h AM. Songtaw and tuktuk are not frequent in this area, I can see them mostly during the traffic hours. I’m carrying my luggage, so I can’t take my scooter or have a lift from friends, and I don’t know anybody with a car.

Anybody know the number of a tuktuk, taxi or whatever driver who speaks english? I can manage to speak a little thai but explaining where my house is is horribly complicated. Or if anybody has any other solution for me...

Thanks!

Hmm. I can only suggest that, every day, outside Riverside Condo and/or Holiday Inn near you, you will see tuk tuk parked. Get one back to your house so he knows where it is and can pick you up there on 22nd.

But give yourself time so you can call blue and yellow taxi as back up, in case he is a 'no show' on the day.

I have taken tuk tuk from there to the airport at that time (early) with no problem

^ Why not drop by the airport on a recce beforehand; do a little shopping at Central, and take lunch at the Hydroponics restaurant a little further on.

Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted.

I don't understand your suggestion, I specified that I must be at the airport at 7h AM.

Ahahah! Anyways, a friend suggested I might be able to tie my luggage on the back of my scooter... I tried and I think I can manage it. And he also said that he once left his scooter 10 days in the guarded parking of the airport without any problems... So doing this will be quite simpler!

I’m still not used to the possbilities of carrying stuff on a scooter... with a few elastic straps, those little machines are quite amazing!

It’s more about explaining how to get to my house. If the driver doesn’t know the village Siri Watthana Newet, I’m screwed! And considering I have to be there at 7 AM, I don’t have that much leeway.

Oh I know! The day before I can still strap my luggage on my scooter, and in the morning I can try calling a taxi. If it doesn’t work, I can still catch my plane in time going with my scooter! :D

I don't live in the area but I keep calling it Nong Hoi plaza as I thought that's the name. It's where miguel's is. Better to call them 2-3 hours or one day in advance and ask them to pick you up in front of Miguel's or something. Give them your number so if they can't find you they can call you.

some taxi I use : 0857069764

air port taxi call center: 053201307

Where is the Nong Hoi Plaza? Is it this place near the japanese buffet and 7/11?

It's called 89 Plaza, but that's quite a hike from Siri Watthana Niwet, which is pretty much exactly at the Aom Muang / Nong Hoy intersection. It's one of the older and widely known developments.

So I can't imagine that's difficult to explain. They're a taxi dispatch,they deal with this all the time and will definitely know to find 'Moo Ban Siri Watthana Niwet', near 'Nong Hoy intersection, Aom Muang Rd.'.

Not to mention that the Red Shirt Bus club house is very close to it. wink.png Taxi drivers are very familiar with the area.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai