For anyone who is buying a PlayStation 4 (PS4)

sup3r1or

Hello everyone,

I'am probably one of the biggest PS nerds lol, since I have 2 PS1, 2 PS2s, 3 PS3s, 3 PSPs and A Vita. So I have been following PS4 closely, just got mine pre-ordered. Anyway today Sony officially confirmed http://ap.ign.com/en/news/10551/philippines-thailand-joins-the-sea-ps4-party that PS4 coming to THailand a bit later than to other SE Asian countries.

It will be available on January 11th 2014 at 19.990 BHT (630 bucks) which makes it the MOST expensive out of all SE Asian countries prices. Cheapest one is in HK for 14,000 but it will be hard to find any stock on Dec 22 plus everyone is looking to make a decent buck out of it. Anyway, the best deal is looking to be here on PlayAsia not really 14,000 bht it was promised from HK but still cheaper

PS4 Asian Version: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-4-system-daily-price-paOS-13-49-en-70-6pgb.html?affiliate_id=1480237

Since 5 days ago Sony Announced South East Asian Regional Warranty meaning if you buy PS4 anywhere within SE Asian countries where it is released you can fix it in any of SEA countries including Thailand. So your warranty will work for free.

Also Play Asia ships for free AND since PS4 had some issues with HDMI and Blue Light of death, they can (if you ask on checkout) TEST console before it is shipped to you.

Got mine pre-ordered already, comes out on December 22 so a little earlier.

Most of Sony Centers here in TH are dumb as f.... (run by Sinthanee) they are actually authorized re-sellers, anyway they refused to fix my PS3 for money that I bought in Bangkok, not dealing with them again.

Any questions throw them in here.

Before anyone says extended warranty is bulls...t check this out http://ap.ign.com/en/news/10388/sony-introduces-regional-warranty-service-in-south-east-asia

I'm picking mine up in bkk for 17,700 imported from Singapore is the is the warranty still valid if it goes t@&ts up over here ?

Yes it will be. But with Thai attitude you never know. But sony said it will be.

I might wait till demand drops then play-asia will start selling for 13,500 bht. I might pick up one more.

I'm picking mine up in bkk for 17,700 imported from Singapore is the is the warranty still valid if it goes t@&ts up over here ?

Yes it will be. But with Thai attitude you never know. But sony said it will be.

I might wait till demand drops then play-asia will start selling for 13,500 bht. I might pick up one more.

Won't you get stung on import tax ?

Won't you get stung on import tax ?

No if you ask them to declare it as a gift with low value you wont get import tax slapped on you. Worked with Pulse Elite headset and my ps3 superslim. I would rather buy it from them than from any Thai shop here. Thais dont value their customers and service is horrible.

I don't recommend buying from play-asia as any box/package with play-asia is picked up in customs and they'll make you pay.

Local dealers is better, atleast you can test it before buy it.

Besides, it is 550 usd on play asia, it ain't cheap.

Price: US$ 549.00 (THB~17,596)

For 17.5 - 18k it is better to buy HK asia import from local dealers.

19.990 baht from Sony Thailand is a rip off. It seems they sell expensive in order to not lose money on console because they don't expect Thai to buy several original games for each console sold.

I don't recommend buying from play-asia as any box/package with play-asia is picked up in customs and they'll make you pay.

19.990 baht from Sony Thailand is a rip off. It seems they sell expensive in order to not lose money on console because they don't expect Thai to buy several original games for each console sold.

I just bought a Singapore Region PS4 for 17,500 baht from MBK today. The shop is called ProGame Shop on the 6th floor of MBK. Tel (02) 611-7009. They also had the KillZone bundle for 19,200 baht.

post-84346-0-19282700-1387461399_thumb.j

I just bought a Singapore Region PS4 for 17,500 baht from MBK today. The shop is called ProGame Shop on the 6th floor of MBK. Tel (02) 611-7009. They also had the KillZone bundle for 19,200 baht.

attachicon.gif20131219_172042_2.jpg

Just wonder, the power adaptor dosent fit in my walls, anyone else have this problem, where is a good place to find singapore to thai adapter?

attachicon.gif20131219_172042_2.jpg

Just wonder, the power adaptor dosent fit in my walls, anyone else have this problem, where is a good place to find singapore to thai adapter?

Mine came with a UK 3 pin plug. If you have something different you can buy adapters pretty much everywhere, including 7/11s.

There are adapters to convert british style huge plugs to thai/us plugs. Didn't they provide you with one?

It seems price of PS4 and bundles are fixed in every shop. However, I still don't find enough games that'll make me buy PS4. I'll buy in future for sure yeah but at that time perhaps it'll become cheaper.

You can just use a cable from PS3 slim-super slim, the actual power brick is inside console. If you dont have cable buy adapter from Big C or Tesco. Or go to any shop that sells computers and get a power cable that has the right plug and 2 pins on the back. Thats it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Im still a little unsure.

I live in Pattaya, Thailand.

Where is the best place to purchase a legit version and be covered by warranties etc. I dont mind paying a little extra knowing that i will be covered by warranty etc.

Hi,

Im still a little unsure.

I live in Pattaya, Thailand.

Where is the best place to purchase a legit version and be covered by warranties etc. I dont mind paying a little extra knowing that i will be covered by warranty etc.

So purchase the Singapore version. I bought mine from MBK in BKK but in Pattaya I'm sure the best place to look would be TukCom.

As long as console is from any SE Asian country you shoukd be covered by regional warrantySent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that is wrong. The Hong Kong version is not covered by local warranty here in Thailand whereas the Singapore/Malaysian model is.

The Singapore/Malaysian version is SKU number CUH-1006 iirc, that's the model you want.

Yes you are right. HK is not included.

Anyway just to let you know, I was in the SOny Center asking about PS4, they showed me paper of how much stock is allocated to Thailand for tomorrows launch.

Prepare.... 100 UNITS for all country. That is just insane only 100 units, I asked if tht was for their store they said no, all country.

Yes you are right. HK is not included.

Anyway just to let you know, I was in the SOny Center asking about PS4, they showed me paper of how much stock is allocated to Thailand for tomorrows launch.

Prepare.... 100 UNITS for all country. That is just insane only 100 units, I asked if tht was for their store they said no, all country.

I'm confused. There is stock now, and has been for the last 3 weeks, in MBK of the Singapore model you want. Why do you want to pay about 15% more for it from the Sony Center for the same thing released much later?

So is there any benefit from buying from Sony direct?

Or should i just buy from anyone in TukCom as long as the SKU number matches the Singapore version above?

Thanks for the responses guys!

It's the same thing, the SKUs are identical, the warranty will be the same, Sony Center just charges more for it and releases it much later.

OK Thanks. Might go down tomorrow and grab one.

Last time i checked the price was 19,500 at Gameboy. (they also said they would do the killzone pack plus COD for 23,500)

Anyone seen it cheaper?

It's 19,200 baht in Bangkok for the Killzone or Battlefield bundle. I wonder if Nadz have an outlet or will deliver to Pattaya?

http://www.nadzproject.com/product_1041417_en

• 3 weeks later...

I went to central festival sony in pattaya. 21500b with battlefield game. Paid deposit was told got to wait 2 weeks. Next day they called me said got wait 1 month.. Thailand innit

Called few sony stores in bkk everywhere out of stock..

Anyone knows current availability in pattaya and bkk?

mataleo

I went to central festival sony in pattaya. 21500b with battlefield game. Paid deposit was told got to wait 2 weeks. Next day they called me said got wait 1 month.. Thailand innit

mataleo

There's a few shops in digital gateway that will have stock

Nadz project

Super-rich

Ingame thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mataleo

How much have you paid as I deposit. Well I have to tell you with Thai shops its always like that. Never believe what they say, it will most likely be 2 month. Dont forget stock still not sufficient around world and Japan has PS4 launch this month. I guess most of units will go there. I guess by summer late spring it will be plenty to go around.

The reason I want to buy in SOny center, is I have some financial commitments and dont want to PAY in one GO. So I want to use credit card and see if I can get 10 months 0% with KBank as usual.

mataleo

How much have you paid as I deposit. Well I have to tell you with Thai shops its always like that. Never believe what they say, it will most likely be 2 month. Dont forget stock still not sufficient around world and Japan has PS4 launch this month. I guess most of units will go there. I guess by summer late spring it will be plenty to go around.

The reason I want to buy in SOny center, is I have some financial commitments and dont want to PAY in one GO. So I want to use credit card and see if I can get 10 months 0% with KBank as usual.

Paid 7000 deposit

Got 15000 to pay off

Around that

It comes with bf4 game

I had option to take deposit back after they called me and cancel it.

I could go try order online

But then i dont use my uk paypal anymore. And dont have thai one

And not sure can trust with them

And they charge for ems delivery

I look on some pages posted here and contqct them

They even send to thailand from Singapore by ems i think wchich could be long wait they customs charge delivery charge too much headache... risky tho

So for now i keep deposit with sony shop...

Thay say beggining of march they recive stock.

But u will not be able to buy it i guess for cash as it will go to oeople who paid deposits...

mataleo

• 1 year later...

This afternoon I went for a walk aroung Khlong Thom in Bangkok (actually closer the the Yaowarat Road side), there are 20 or so stores selling PS4 500Gb. There are two main models being sold one is from Singapore selling for B14,000 and the other is from Japan selling for B12,000. So do any of you guys know if there is a difference between the models? I don't see the need to pay extra if they are the same thing. Any ideas welcome.

Archived