Two separate packages with tracking disappeared after arriving in TH

steelepulse

I had two separate packages with tracking from the US Postal service arrive in Thailand only to have tracking cease and packages disappear. The first package was a phone that tracked to delivery with an "invalid address" and the 2nd package is a car part that shows it was clear of Thai customs a week ago and has not been delivered.Will the Thai post be able to tell me the status of these packages as I would think they are the local partner for US Postal service, but I have no idea if they even have a computerised tracking system that would match up with the US tracking.

If you sent it registered priority mail it will track from the US all the way, through customs etc. to final delivery. You can track it on the USPS website.

You would claim a loss from the US side for whatever you insured it for, not Thailand. Registered comes with an automatic $74 insurance included at no charge.

It is such a shame that the postal service cannot be trusted.

I want to send my kids a parcel each but daren't as I have no confidence they will arrive.

(can't send money either as that definately will not go to the kids).

In 13 years I have received every package that was sent to me.

once on my 1st visit back to the old country, I sent four larges boxes by ship (Sea) and was told it would take 6 weeks for delivery, after I gave up hope of ever receiving them. one day five months later I had a notice that my shipment had arrived, to go to P.O. to pick them up!

On an other occasion I sent a package to my son, I month later he hadn't received it I went to the P.O. and they tracked it, the package was still in Thailand! Which was promptly sent to my son who verified he received it 5 days later.

On another occasion during a visit, I mailed myself two package of tortilla corn masa, a kilo of dried corn. When it arrived in Thailand I received a customs bill (Importation Tax) for over 3,300 baht, I went to the post office to file a compliant and submitted a copy of the bill of sale to the P.O. that documented the total values was less then twenty dollars! The PO told me they had no control over the importation tax and they would send my compliant to the customs department (I also included in the letter I was willing to pay the 7% importation tax, but if the charge was more than the 7% I would refuse delivery).

A week later I received the package delivered to my house by the postman at no added charge.

Please note: When I made the compliant I did it without yelling or demanding, simply told them that if they persisted in requiring a large importation charge, I would not pay it and would refuse the package, it worked for me.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I am waiting for a parcel mailed by my daughter in Canada on October 29th. Track and Trace tells me it left Canada on Nov 2nd. Track and trace shows that it has not shown up in Thailand some 6 weeks later. I have a feeling they are warehousing the stuff in a Bangkok P>O> warehouse. My last parcel from Canada took 3 months to get here. This parcel only contains 3 containers of vitamins and the P.O. in Canada charged her/me $80 which I feel is ridiculous. The mail out of Hong Kong and China is also terrrrible. I think it is time the International Postal Services got their collective heads together to provide better service for what they charge