Taking a cat from Germany to Thailand

keestha

Honestly, there are plenty of cats here already. Suggest your friend leave existing cat with someone who'll give it a good home and then get one here, they could go through all the trouble of getting it into Thailand and then find it gets out and jumps the next Lufthansa flight back to Germany.

There must be German Forums where she can ask the question, or phone the airlines. There will be vaccinations, microchip etc. Also there are, in Europe, companies which work with airlines specifically for animal relocation.

And Torren54, this person wants to take her cat with her not adopt another one. You sound like one of those people who has never had a pet. Which you get attached to and love.

Where's that dislike button!!???

Honestly, there are plenty of cats here already. Suggest your friend leave existing cat with someone who'll give it a good home and then get one here, they could go through all the trouble of getting it into Thailand and then find it gets out and jumps the next Lufthansa flight back to Germany.

Honestly, did OP ask for your opinion what he/ she should do about the cat???

OP, Thailand has certain requirements. Easiest is to use pet moving company , doing it yourself much cheaper.

My best advice is to contact moving company to get a quote.

In the quote they will include all that is needed, from there your friend can make a decision to either do it yourself or use a company.

Expected cost around $1300-$1500

Going as excess luggage is the best and cheapest way, some airlines would even allow for cat to be on your lap.

I believe Turkish airline is very flexible.

Just need some vaccinations and microchip, few other papers

Edited by lemoncake

There must be German Forums where she can ask the question, or phone the airlines. There will be vaccinations, microchip etc. Also there are, in Europe, companies which work with airlines specifically for animal relocation.

And Torren54, this person wants to take her cat with her not adopt another one. You sound like one of those people who has never had a pet. Which you get attached to and love.

Does have a point though, it's not like there's a shortage of pussy in Thailand eh....wink.png

Someone offers an alternative and is instantly disliked....blink.png

Does have a point though, it's not like there's a shortage of pussy in Thailand eh....wink.png

May be because to some people their animals are part of the family rather than a toy to play with

May be because to some people their animals are part of the family rather than a toy to play with

So MAYBE if someone relocates to another country and finds a new home for their pet in their home country before leaving it was a toy to them because they chose to find it another home....MAYBE....

MAYBE if cats could talk the cat would say " I don't want to move to Thailand, I'm purrrrr fectly happy living here in Germany with my freinds but you damn humans think you know what's best for me, you selfish pigs".....

Tell your friend to google pet import to Thailand, she will find everything she needs, the price is not that high from Europe I know that finair takes €300 for one pet, and her vet can fill all the paperwork. And also give the cat all the vaccine needed.

So MAYBE if someone relocates to another country and finds a new home for their pet in their home country before leaving it was a toy to them because they chose to find it another home....MAYBE....

MAYBE if cats could talk the cat would say " I don't want to move to Thailand, I'm purrrrr fectly happy living here in Germany with my freinds but you dam_n humans think you know what's best for me, you selfish pigs".....

Find another home? so you find another home for your kids when you move city's?

Do you also find your kids another home because they do not want to move city's or schools?

Or perhaps you dump your elderly parents because moving to another country is hard for them?

And i only hope you do not start to tell me its not the same, clearly for you it is not. For loving responsible owners it is the same, as pets are part of their family, have feelings and emotions.

So if you do not mind, if you do not have any useful info for OP, lets not troll on how he/she should be treating her pets.

• Like 1

@Lemoncake...

So if you have a different opinion which may not be of any use to the op it means your a troll...

MAYBE you also think that if a pet owner chooses to move to another country and re- homes their pet then their an irresponsible owner...

I'll bet my life that there are plenty of people in Thailand who have re-homed their pets, are they irresponsible..??

I don't think they are, how do you or I know where the pet would be happier...

Torrens45 gave what I thought was good advice and an alternative and got disliked for it, I responded to that.

That's the way threads/topics go sometimes and if you don't like it then tough.. and until your a MOD don't tell me what I can post and what I can't...Too many wannabes around it seems...