new Honda Click 125 Fi questions

seasia

Hello

I have no knowledge of bikes/scooters but am being involved in the decision of purchase of above and have some questions, would appreciate some help.

Model to be Automatic with electric start, so 1 question do they also have a kickstart should the battery go flat ?

It will almost only be used for around town use, maximum one way journey probably no more than 20-25 Kms.

It will be driven by my Thai GF, I will sometimes be a passenger ( don`t ride myself, not for many many years.)

What are the pros /cons of alloy vs. spoke wheels ?

Are there any worthwhile adds or change to ordinary spec worth having done at purchase ( in the interests of trying to make it as safe as possible), better/fatter tyres for example ?

is it possible to have a front "shopping basket " fitted ?

Both of us are light in weight so it isn`t going to be carrying a lot of weight nor will it be ridden fast,not with me on it anyway.

Standard spec might well suit ?

Thanks

smile.png

Hello

I have no knowledge of bikes/scooters but am being involved in the decision of purchase of above and have some questions, would appreciate some help.

Model to be Automatic with electric start, so 1 question do they also have a kickstart should the battery go flat ?

YES

It will almost only be used for around town use, maximum one way journey probably no more than 20-25 Kms.

It will be driven by my Thai GF, I will sometimes be a passenger ( don`t ride myself, not for many many years.)

What are the pros /cons of alloy vs. spoke wheels ?

NONE only cosmetic

Are there any worthwhile adds or change to ordinary spec worth having done at purchase ( in the interests of trying to make it as safe as possible), better/fatter tyres for example ?

NOPE

is it possible to have a front "shopping basket " fitted ?

YES but underseat storage is very good for a scooter

Both of us are light in weight so it isn`t going to be carrying a lot of weight nor will it be ridden fast,not with me on it anyway.

Standard spec might well suit ?

YEp, great bikes go for it

Thanks

• Like 2

Alloy wheels allow for tubeless tyres, so less punctures.

Not sure if click has the attachment point for a front basket, but they are useless on rough roads. Even the slightest bump will throw out whatever is in there. Better to have a hook and hang a shopping bag from the hook.

Let her choose what scooter she wants!

• Like 1

Let her choose what scooter she wants!

Agree. For example she may be used to a semi-auto underbone, or like the Scoopy styling better than the Click or appreciate the few thousand Bts saved with a Spacey. Then when it will come to your vehicle you will choose independently.