Learn bachelor degree without high school diploma

Probably not. In some countries you can apply to University and if you have the required courses, even though you do not have the High School diploma, you can enter.

The best option is to probably get the a GED and then apply.

I might be wrong here, but I think many universities do also have a special consideration process for applicants who don't meet the regular entrance qualifications but have special circumstances or life experience. At least I think that's the case in NZ.

Alternatively there are non formal education schools in Thailand (If you ask Thai friends about them, refer to it as the Gor Sor Nor), which are setup for Thai people (usually adults) who didn't finish high school. These are usually conducted in Thai (If you're interested in learning Thai, it could be very worthwhile), although I visited one in Ubon which had an English program. The English program had some half Thai students, who had lived abroad but had now decided to return to Thailand. From what they told me, it sounded like most of the major centres also have Gor Sor Nor schools with English programs.

The Gor Sor Nor schools are often very very laid back, at least in my district, where often students are also working fulltime, sometimes even working fulltime in other provinces, and so although the teachers are available to teach them, they are able to essentially do distance learning so long as they attend some key activities/classes.

In Thailand, some of the more common basic entrance requirements are one of the following:

• 5 IGCSE's with a grade of C or better or 3 A-Levels with a grade of E or better
  • High School Diploma
  • GED
  • IB Diploma

There are others the Ministry of Education has approved as the basic requirement to study higher education in Thailand. I just don't know them all as each country has their own qualifications. You can study for the GED in Bangkok but I'm not sure if they issue a visa while you're studying for the GED. I've known people to get their GED and are now studying at my university. If you have a degree you have more options. Without a degree, life is more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You probably need to tell us the level and grades achieved on your GNVQ, but one way you can deal with your question is to see whether any UK university is prepared to offer you a place with your existing qualifications. If they are you can present your offer letter if applying to an overseas uni. One word of caution though is that a very heavy percentage of GNVQ students do not have a decent grade in their English and Maths GCSEs previously taken and overseas unis may pick this up.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived