Where Can I Get My Pick Up Inspected in Ubon Ratchathani?

sirchai

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I'll have to go to a technical check up on Wednesday, but don't want to waste too much time at the transportation department.

It's just the annual check, which I usually do in Sisaket. Where's a good place in Ubon Ratchathani to get my new sticker in a few minutes on Wednesday?

Any input is deeply appreciated. I do have Ubon license plates, but I guess it doesn't matter. Got my car book, the insurance certificate and wife's ID card copy, as it's running on her name.

Thanks, wish all a good week.-wai2.gif

It's on the same road that exits/enters the gates of the airport Thepyothi near the intersection of Uppalisan road.

You could search google maps using "Ubon Ratchathani Transport Office, Ubon Ratchathani" and you can easily find its location.

I think someone told me you can apply for a sticker only if your residence is within the geographic location of the Transport office, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

There're several other places where you can get your car checked, without waiting a long time at the transport department. As I'd already mentioned, I'm looking for such a place that can do the annual check to get my sticker.

It can't be restricted to the area where you're living, as I always did that in Sisaket, with Ubon plates.I just don't make it this time to Sisaket, as i can't get a day off.

Thanks for any input.-wai.gif

If you look directly opposite the registration office entrance on the ring road and go about 100 m towards the Big C traffic lights there is the inspection bay that we use. Very good and quick. I think it is opposite the big Honda motorbike dealership.

Hope this helps

The problem Srichai was that your original post was not clear.

You are wanting a quick technical check on your pickup/car because it is older than 7 years. After the check up you proceed to the Transport Department.

Is that right? With younger vehicles one does not have to have such check-ups. You should have stated this in the first post.

There are a number of technical service centres near and opposite the Transport Department on the Ubon Ring road. However, if a fault is found, then you will have to get it fixed at a service centre and then once more return to the techinical centre for the all-clearance before taking their form on to the Transport Department for the annual tax/registration sticker.

There are some technical centres in Ubon that will do everything for you. Just leave the vehicle registration booklet with them. They write out a form saying your vehicle is 100% road worthy without even looking at the vehicle and go to the Transport Department on your behalf. Takes about 3 days before you get your new registration sticker.

But I doubt you want to do that.

If your vehicle is ok, I expect with a technical check up near the main Ubon Transport CEntre and then the registration at theTransport Centre should not be longer than 2 hours.

If you look directly opposite the registration office entrance on the ring road and go about 100 m towards the Big C traffic lights there is the inspection bay that we use. Very good and quick. I think it is opposite the big Honda motorbike dealership.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot! Where's the registration office on ring road? How do I get there from let's say i make a right turn coming from Sapphasit Rd into Ring Road?

What's the place called in Thai? Thanks in advance.-wai2.gif

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot! Where's the registration office on ring road? How do I get there from let's say i make a right turn coming from Sapphasit Rd into Ring Road?

Ok, as you come from Sapphasit road you go under the ring road and come out on the opposite side of the road and head towards the Yasathon Rd traffic lights. Keep on the ring road and continue to the Amnat Rd traffic lights (near Big C). Stay on the ring road and after about 2 km you will see on your left side a large Honda motorcycle dealership with a rider training track next to it. 100m past there is a 7/11 which is on the entrance into the motor registration. There will be heaps of cars/motorbikes/trucks going in there.

Hope I haven't confused you.

• Like 1

The problem Srichai was that your original post was not clear.

You are wanting a quick technical check on your pickup/car because it is older than 7 years. After the check up you proceed to the Transport Department.

Is that right? With younger vehicles one does not have to have such check-ups. You should have stated this in the first post.

There are a number of technical service centres near and opposite the Transport Department on the Ubon Ring road. However, if a fault is found, then you will have to get it fixed at a service centre and then once more return to the techinical centre for the all-clearance before taking their form on to the Transport Department for the annual tax/registration sticker.

There are some technical centres in Ubon that will do everything for you. Just leave the vehicle registration booklet with them. They write out a form saying your vehicle is 100% road worthy without even looking at the vehicle and go to the Transport Department on your behalf. Takes about 3 days before you get your new registration sticker.

But I doubt you want to do that.

If your vehicle is ok, I expect with a technical check up near the main Ubon Transport CEntre and then the registration at theTransport Centre should not be longer than 2 hours.

I'm very sorry for my indeed very confusing post. My wife's uncle had been the boss of the transport department in Sisaket and my wife always handled the paperwork. ( He's got an "inactive" post now in Bangkok...)

As far as I remember we only had to go to a technical check up place, don't really remember if she had to go to the transport department afterwards to get that sticker/tax clearance.

I'd assume it would be the best to go straight to the transport department and let them do the check up ,plus all the paperwork.

Thanks a lot for your post, I must have mixed that up.-wai2.gif

Hope this helps

Ok, as you come from Sapphasit road you go under the ring road and come out on the opposite side of the road and head towards the Yasathon Rd traffic lights. Keep on the ring road and continue to the Amnat Rd traffic lights (near Big C). Stay on the ring road and after about 2 km you will see on your left side a large Honda motorcycle dealership with a rider training track next to it. 100m past there is a 7/11 which is on the entrance into the motor registration. There will be heaps of cars/motorbikes/trucks going in there.

Hope I haven't confused you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.Seems that i'd forgotten the way it works. You didn't confuse me, will go for it.-wai2.gif

Just came back from a lady who works at our school who'd made a phone call. 250 baht, plus the 900 something baht for tax ( green license plates) will do the trick. They pick it up from our school and bring it back.

Will post the phone number, if the Mods don't have a problem with it. Thanks again, will keep it updated.-wai2.gif