Abhisit likely to remain Democrat party leader

webfact

Well why change a winning team...hang on???

And that is why The Demcrats are unelectable.

Blame Thaksin all you want. It's much easier than looking in the mirror.

Quite. Takshin may be a corrupt opportunistic megalomaniac, but his electoral successes are pretty much down to the fact that The Democrats have failed to win the hearts and minds of the less privileged, which is a majority of the population.

Quite often, the subtext in many Democrat pronouncements seems to be that the majority are too stupid to vote wisely. That kind of attitude, even if well-founded (and I'm not saying it is well-founded), cannot win elections.

T

• Like 2

Now that Abhisit is re-elected I am sure he will go on confrontation with his Suthep friend to boycott the election any way.

If they boycott no big deal. CTP, BJ etc will be in the opposition and the democrats are out of parliament.

When the South was in power they ignored the North and North east. Would be great if PTP starts some popular policies in the South from February 2014 onwards and pledge some Rubber prices. This will drive the Bangkok elite nuts. cheesy.gif Thai Politics some how is like Channel 3 dramas.

• Like 2

^ i think abhisit and korn (and any other reasonable people among the democrats) should consider making a fresh start away from all the robber barons and other various shysters

this is 2013 and with the power of the media (especially social media) it wouldn't take long to establish themselves if they offer what the majority of thai people really want (albeit subconsciously)... i.e. a modern positive forward-looking and non-divisive democratic government with sensible economic policies to achieve equity for all thais (regardless of shirt colour)

Edited by brit1984
  • Like 1

^ i think abhisit and korn (and any other reasonable people among the democrats) should consider making a fresh start away from all the robber barons and other various shysters

this is 2013 and with the power of the media (especially social media) it wouldn't take long to establish themselves if they offer what the majority of thai people really want (albeit subconsciously)... i.e. a modern positive forward-looking and non-divisive democratic government with sensible economic policies to achieve equity for all thais (regardless of shirt colour)

I totally agree with you. This country and these times, need balanced people that can make reforms for avoid that game of power like this we are watching now and these we watched in last 7 years will go on.

Abhisit and Korn are respectable and with a good background for do that, as long they are not mixed with Benito wannabes.

If they can cut their relationship with who doesn't need the good for Thailand but for themselves, they are a good base to begin with.