Dash Cam Query

tonika

I recently bought a Sony Dash Cam on ebay, from a Korean company. Everything is working great with the Dash Cam. But the I have a query. At the bottom of the video screen as it's recording, it shows fiqures that don't make any sense to me. To give an example ;

km/h x : - 0.031 y : + 0.063 z : + 1. 039 ( these figures change all the time as I'm driving )

The Korean company emailed me instructions with the cam, but they don't give any explanation to do with the above. I have tried to email the company for an answer, but they haven't replied so far. I was wondering if anyone on the forum could enlighten me on this.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Just received this message from the Korean company.

' G - sensor can record XY & Z during driving.

X : Right and left changed during acceleration

Y : Before and after change during acceleration

Z : Up and down change during acceleration

G - sensor is able to know clearly direction ( such as overtaking collision ) and then auto record the accidents when happened at 10s and 20s after, and won't be deleted by cycle recording. '

I'm still not 100% clear how these figures would help in an accident. The model for those that asked, is a Sony Panorama 2, with Exmor sensor.

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Just received this message from the Korean company.

' G - sensor can record XY & Z during driving.

X : Right and left changed during acceleration

Y : Before and after change during acceleration

Z : Up and down change during acceleration

G - sensor is able to know clearly direction ( such as overtaking collision ) and then auto record the accidents when happened at 10s and 20s after, and won't be deleted by cycle recording. '

I'm still not 100% clear how these figures would help in an accident. The model for those that asked, is a Sony Panorama 2, with Exmor sensor.

cheers

Just curious, but is there GPS built in? These days you can get quite sophisticated DashCam apps that do as yours and more so :)