Where to shop fe electronics- appliances in the South-east?

The Deerhunter

I fly in tomorrow (at last) to live and need to buy several things semi-immediately.

A fixed lens SLR, 1x 50+" LCD, 1x 32" LCD, 1x LCD PC Monitor,1x Blue Ray player (all region), 1x DVD player (all zone), 1x Food processor, 1x gas cooker (oven for bread.....) 1x dishwasher etc,etc. We already have a house we own near Phanat Nikhom, Chonburi province.

Any ideas where I can screw down the best price in the Pattaya-Chonburu regions for all this?

I am a New Zealander. Any like-minded kiwi/Aussie/North Amercan or English speaking Euro folk in my local area?

Numchai on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Klang gives good deals and they will beat anyone elses prices so even if you take a picture somewhere else and show the price to them, they will beat it. Tukcom on South Pattaya Rd. for Computer monitors and computers, electronics, etc.

• Like 1

Pattaya shops selling fancy electronics generally have little choice and high prices so do yourself a favour and pop into Bangkok for the day and do your fancy shopping there. Your house looks closer to Bangkok than it is to Pattaya anyway.

Better still, buy your portable stuff outside of Thailand altogether. That's what I always try to do. It all seems to be cheaper on Amazon UK than it is here (in spite of the VAT being three times as high there, and wages also being much higher, and customer protection/warranties also being much better), and you get so much more choice as well.

Numchai, Powerbuy, Tesco and BigC are fine for everyday things like fridges and cookers etc and most of them seem to have branches in every medium-sized town. The two supermarkets often undercut those other shops too.

• Like 1

Bangkok almost always has better price and for sure always has a better selection. Shopping here in Pattaya is hit and miss. Especially for specialty items.

TVs can be had for reasonable prices at Numchai and Powerbuy. Pretty good prices and pretty close to what you'd get in Bangkok. There are a few camera stores here, but a much better selection in Bangkok. Or even online. (edit: don't forget Tesco and Makro...sometimes get good deals there also).

For house hold goods, the above are good sources as well as HomePro and HomeWorks. There's a big Global House near you. I'd stop in there if you have the time. Dishwashers are a bit rare. Maybe pop into Hafele on Sukhumvit across from Tesco Sukhumvit near Thepprasit road. They'll give you a great discount if you ask. We got a bunch of stuff there and their service has been excellent.

Here's a few good sources for house hold appliances:

http://www.verasu.com/

http://www.invadeit.co.th/

The later also a great source for PC stuff.

Thanks for the helpful comments. I am doing my planning around NOT going into BKK at the moment. Homepro & Big C have been good. Global house always seems a disappointment. I just don't "get" that place!! Got most things sorted except the camera & a new phone for the wife, (we neither of us know quite what we want yet). Got a great price on a fridge at Powerbuy. Homepro are going to quote on an entire kitchen cabinet fit-out including dishwasher. thanks again.