Best NETSIM for tablet?

ESCAPIS

I am trying to cull some information to make a comparison table between the three major providers through their respective website with no luck. Their use of images instead of text to explain their offerings, makes it impossible for google translate to be of any use. And most of their english language buttons are there for decoration only.

Perhaps members, who use a net sim could share their experience?

There is too much information, too many plans/promotions/SIMs which are constantly being updated, making this both a Herculean and Sisyphean task.

Who is your audience? What is your goal? Pre-paid? Post-paid?

Most service providers here have quite similar offers re: volume, FuP, price.

There are some tablet/data only offers, primarily on the post-paid side. For pre-paid jsut buy any SIM, add money, layer on a data plan.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/en/smartphone-package.aspx?package=Extra-Package#tips

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654

Edited by lomatopo

Thank you for your effort. much appreciated. It has solved the financial side, and you are right they all are similar as far as pricing is concerned.

My target is a net sim for ipad. I am trying to gauge member's experience with the three major providers, such as:

- Are they similar in service. I recognise that it would depend on the area one lives in to a great extent. I live in the provincial city of chonburi, half way between pattaya and bkk and make the occasional trip to either. I quarterly go on an extended weekends to major cities in thailand.

- which of them has the more extensive network with a good wifi fall back; does it function decently, or is it a waste of money.

- I also read on the forum that TOT offers 3g SIM card and should not be discounted. Perhaps members who use it could share their experience.

Just remember that you are data restricted by which plan, and "unlimited" means the speed will drop to almost useless after the gb usage is exceeded. So, as an example, you buy a 5gb data pack, great speed etc, but once thats used the unlimited is then 128kb or less.

which of them has the more extensive network with a good wifi fall back; does it function decently

#1 TrueMove H

#2 AIS/2100 3G

based on coverage, and your requirement for a good affiliated WiFi service.

And, Yes.

That was easy.

Edited by lomatopo

Just remember that you are data restricted by which plan, and "unlimited" means the speed will drop to almost useless after the gb usage is exceeded. So, as an example, you buy a 5gb data pack, great speed etc, but once thats used the unlimited is then 128kb or less.

Some carriers' 3G data plans with larger FUP allocations (usually >2GB of data) will shape to faster speeds, up to 384kb. It's usually mentioned in asterisk-footnooted comments for the plans.

e.g. The AIS site today won't display the English link from Lomatopo's post above (it did the other day), but here's the Thai version of the page:

post-33251-0-60328800-1387443639_thumb.g

A rough translation of the footnote would read that after the FUP allocation is used up on a plan:

• the 500MB / B249 plan drops to 64Kbps
  • the 1GB / B399 plan drop to 64Kbps
  • the 2GB / B599 plan drops to 128Kbps
  • the 4GB / B799 plan drops to 256Kbps
  • the 10GB / B1699 plan drops to 384Kbps

TOT has a couple truly unlimited data plans with no speed reduction after a FUP limit: Heavy Storm and Perfect Storm packages -- the downside is speed: Heavy Storm is only 1Mbps and Perfect Storm is only 2Mbps.

Edited by wpcoe

Depends where you live, or where are you using the 3G.

In Bangkok there is no difference, both True and AIS have good coverage. And in Bangkok we have 4G now.

In Pattaya True H has been really bad. One minute you are connected, minute later disconnected. Especially annoying, if you just typed a 200 word email, you hit Send, and you get 'please reload page', all you typed up email text is gone, and you write the whole thing again. So better open another tab, and make sure you are connected, before you click 'send'

AIS 3G is much more stable in Pattaya.

So best to try to learn which provider is more stable in your area, before you buy the sim and pay for 3G package.

Sent from my C6903 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app