Dealing With Timewasters and Lowballers When Selling Stuff.

H1w4yR1da

When I try to sell something I always just make the price lower than fair value and it gets sold very quickly without hassle to Thais.

Same here.. i rather loose a bit of money then to loose a lot of time selling stuff.

Some people got some great deals from me and i lost the stuff. No need to keep it in my home.

It works the other way, too - the seller sometimes hopes a buyer won't notice obvious faults.

I went to look at a bike some time ago. It was something I was almost certain to make deal on having seen pictures and a description.

The bloke turned up riding the bike, parked up and I was hooked after looking it over. Not pristine but good enough for my needs. I asked him to fire it up for a short test run. It wouldn't start after many attempts and, after a bit of questioning, it turned out he'd had to jump start it that morning & on other occasions. He said he'd get a new battery there & then but a bike that possibly has charging faults or more, in addition to a duff battery, is no good to me - I wanted to ride it, not have to repair it.

I guess he was just chancing it - if the bike had started, he'd have made a sale even though he might've been aware of the potential problem. If it didn't start - never mind, there'll be another customer soon.

On the drive home, the bloke called to say the bike was running again, but it was far too late.