Wii, Xbox or Nintendo for my kids for exercise

Nepal4me

I don't play computer games and don't know which system is best. I'm aware that Wii and Xbox have "exercise" games like tennis, MuayThai, dancing etc. My kids are 6 and 9 years old. Can anybody tell me which system is best for kids? My focus isn't on car racing games or shooting bad guy games, I really only care about having games that provide exercise.

The Nintendo Wii system is designed with motion sensing for movement-based games, so it has the most games available. That was its main selling point. Many of the games are for families and children, and there are all kinds of activities, like golf, bowling, dance, fighting, actual fitness programs, etc.

Other gaming systems do not have many games available using motion detection, and I think you have to buy the motion detection device separately for them.

Wii is long dead. Wii u is born dead.

Perhaps look for a 2nd hand Xbox 360 console with Kinect sensor or buy brand new.

There are several games for kinect that doesn't need any peripherals to hold (which can cause accidents)

Hmmm, one post says Wii is designed for motion and the next post says "Wii is dead". I wonder which is right?

For a 6-9yr old the wii is fine. It's better than fine because it already has a huge library of games. The consoles here will be modified to play copy games. The extra controllers might up the price a bit, but there are often used sets being sold online.

They also had a fitness board thing, but I believe that was for Wii Fit which is geared towards a much older crowd.

Make sure they use the wrist strap as these remotes have been known to fly out of hands and break TV's

And Make sure they get some outdoor execise too, I know here the smog, traffic, and uneven sidewalks can hinder that.

was the same in my mind,

then decided on Xbox, for the very reason that kid doesnt have to hold anything in hand to play.

if the kids are in mind as the major reason, i think that xbox 360 ( not the newest xbox one!) is the ideal solution for you!

was the same in my mind,

then decided on Xbox, for the very reason that kid doesnt have to hold anything in hand to play.

if the kids are in mind as the major reason, i think that xbox 360 ( not the newest xbox one!) is the ideal solution for you!

Why is the 360 better than the newer Xbox?

why?

these were my points choosing xbox360+kinect for the kid ultimately: price of available games, cost of mashine, and kids friendly motion based games ( no need to hold anything to play).

most older xbox model is modded here, so, do your maths :)

why?

these were my points choosing xbox360+kinect for the kid ultimately: price of available games, cost of mashine, and kids friendly motion based games ( no need to hold anything to play).

most older xbox model is modded here, so, do your maths smile.png

Sorry, but what is "modded"?

the software modified, so, it can play non-original games...those you can get pretty easily in Thailand, and for about 100-200thb/game, vs. originals for 500-2000 thb each...

also you wont need to deal with region code.

again, if you intend to have it for the kids, you will surely need 8-10 games the least even in the shorter run...if cost matters...i know it does for me.