Bike rental in Chang Phueak

Ebenweb

Looks like the bike my landlord wants to sell me is less road-worthy than we thought. What kind of prices can I expect for daily/monthly rental, and do the shops come and fix it if it breaks down? I know nothing about them and I'd need a fully automatic since I'm sharing with my wife. Cheap and weak... About half a CC would be fine.

Buying new/used isn't out of the question either--we're here at least a year--but I like the idea of someone else looking after it.

Anyone know a good place in Chang Phueak to go?

Rent will set you back at least 24,000B over the year, probably 30,000B

You can buy a good one second hand for that - Honda Click with fuel injection would be no problem for 25,000B in top condition, 3 years old.

Cost of maintanance - nothing worth thinking about.

Get out to Mee Chok/Ruam Chok, weekends, possibly every day now. Many scooters for sale.

If you want to rent, you can rent my wife's for a year, 24,000B up front. I'll collect the bike next December.

^^ Sure, if you don't know what you're doing, but what a load of old b****x! Done well over 100k and I'm much happier on a bike. Also owned a car here which is all about stress.

I'd simply buy a new one, op, and negotiate with dealer for a buy-back. Don't worry about maintenance, these things run and run and where the newer CVT (twist 'n gos) are concerned, they'll just need the oil changing ever six months or so... anywhere (Honda or Yamaha) will easily sort that for 200 notes, just sit back and have a coffee.

Edited by jackr

^^ Sure, if you don't know what you're doing, but what a load of old b****x! Done well over 100k and I'm much happier on a bike. Also owned a car here which is all about stress.

I'd simply buy a new one, op, and negotiate with dealer for a buy-back. Don't worry about maintenance, these things run and run and where the newer CVT (twist 'n gos) are concerned, they'll just need the oil changing ever six months or so... anywhere (Honda or Yamaha) will easily sort that for 200 notes, just sit back and have a coffee.

Hadn't considered this. What kind of buy back could I expect after one or two years?