Best Area in Pattaya for a Young Family: Central Pattaya -VS- East Pattaya -VS- Jomtien -VS- Naklua

koeko

Best Area for a Young Mixed Family in Pattaya  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which area do you like the most?

It's not about where you live now, but where you'd like to live ideally, or preferably where you think it's best for young children.

Feel free to share your thoughts and please explain why!

Thanks! wai2.gif

Edited by koeko

"Best Area for a Young Mixed Family in Pattaya"

I wanted to tick the box "as far away from me as possible" but it wasn't there.

It's a complete mystery to me why families want to be anywhere near Pattaya anyway. I would have thought it totally unsuitable for them, in just about every respect.

It's a complete mystery to me why families want to be anywhere near Pattaya anyway. I would have thought it totally unsuitable for them, in just about every respect.

hey, was it you that posted this topic about "children-free condos" in pattaya? I remember seeing a post by someone looking for condo with a policy to forbid people under 50yo....

There are many children in Pattaya, it's a great place to live, many international schools, lots of cultures mixed, definitely worth it! Pattaya is not limited to Walking Street.

I think people like you would complain about families/children about anywhere in the world.

If families were to stay away from Pattaya, the town would be deserted in maybe 20 years., or did you forget that Thai people with children who run a business in Pattaya are also called family ?

Edited by PeterSmiles

For bringing children up ? last farangland place id go to live and raise my kids unless i had no choice would be Pattaya. If I had to be there then far away from the main centre as possible, in your list seeing as your set on it ? probably bang saray until i could get out of there.

I aslo have no clue why anyone raising a family would actually choose Pattaya unless forced to. Each to their own.

It is not so much the area as the Moo Baan you live in.

Our Moo Baan with app 100 houses in it is very good for kids, safe for them to play on the sois there as not much traffic and we have speed bumps as well.

The kids are often seen on their bicycles around in the village playing.

Any of the areas OP mention would not be good for kids if outside a Moo Baan with all the traffic out on the streets.

I don't have a problem raising a kid here as thousands of other Pattaya residents does, be it Expats or Thai.

• Like 1

hey, was it you that posted this topic about "children-free condos" in pattaya? I remember seeing a post by someone looking for condo with a policy to forbid people under 50yo....

I posted in that thread though I'm not personally looking for such a place. I like the building I currently live in, in spite of it allowing children.

There are many children in Pattaya, it's a great place to live, many international schools, lots of cultures mixed, definitely worth it! Pattaya is not limited to Walking Street.

I haven't been to WS for 20 years but I still dont see the rest of Pattaya as being a suitable place to bring up children. If I had any children (God forbid) then I would want to bring them up somewhere much nicer than here with less traffic, less pollution, less noise, less violence and less dishonesty.

I think people like you would complain about families/children about anywhere in the world.

Absolutely.

If families were to stay away from Pattaya, the town would be deserted in maybe 20 years., or did you forget that Thai people with children who run a business in Pattaya are also called family ?

Actually if you go back a few decades one rarely saw farang couples here, let alone farang families.

And at the same time nearly all Thais working in Pattaya actually came from somewhere else, leaving their families back home. This is still true to an extent today though of course the percentages are changing steadily as new people are born.

Personally I find greater Pattaya much too big and busy these days so it wouldn't bother me at all if most people left. But it certainly wasn't "deserted" 30 years ago, just smaller (and nicer).

I see the Pattaya bigots are out in force today.

East Pattaya in my opinion. SSCC area well back from Sukumvit there are some great quiet areas. Easy access to town for your weekly shopping. Easy access to the highway for a trip to the beach in Sattahip or Koh Samit, plenty of family friendly restaurants and bars around the lake. I found Mooltripakdee International School to be fantastic.

• Like 1

I haven't been to WS for 20 years but I still dont see the rest of Pattaya as being a suitable place to bring up children. If I had any children (God forbid) then I would want to bring them up somewhere much nicer than here with less traffic, less pollution, less noise, less violence and less dishonesty.

"I haven't been to WS for 20 years but I still dont see the rest of Pattaya as being a suitable place to bring up children. If I had any children (God forbid) then I would want to bring them up somewhere much nicer than here with less traffic, less pollution, less noise, less violence and less dishonesty."

You don't have (nor want) any children but yet know what is best for them? Following your recommendation, why don't YOU bring YOURSELF up "somewhere much nicer than here with less traffic, less pollution, less noise, less violence and less dishonesty"???? Why worry about our children but not about yourself?

If you haven't been in Walking Street for 20 years that means you don't go out much, and being the most popular street in Pattaya why would you stay in Pattaya anyway if it's just to complain about its traffic? You sound like a grouchy old man never happy with anything and always complaining.

Absolutely.

You were also a child once, don't you remember? Anyway, why DO YOU live in Pattaya it's "a complete mystery to me why [you] want to be anywhere near Pattaya anyway. I would have thought it totally unsuitable for [you], in just about every aspect."

Having said that, that statement is so true, there are too many children in Pattaya for you to live comfortably! Why don't you go live "as far away from [us] as possible", some place up in the mountains far away from the population.

Chokdeekrap my friend.

• Like 1

You don't have (nor want) any children but yet know what is best for them? Following your recommendation, why don't YOU bring YOURSELF up "somewhere much nicer than here with less traffic, less pollution, less noise, less violence and less dishonesty"???? Why worry about our children but not about yourself?

I dont worry about your children. They are your problem and you can do with them what you will. What I said was that if I had children I would want to bring them up somewhere a lot better than here.

I am perfectly happy living here because I am old enough to know how things work and am not an impressionable child.

If you haven't been in Walking Street for 20 years that means you don't go out much,

Well, there's a silly comment if ever there was one. I go out at least twice every day and find everything I need and want yet there is nothing in WS that is of the slightest interest to me. So I dont go there. I know many other permanent residents here who never set foot there either.

You were also a child once, don't you remember?

I do, but so what? I can remember getting mumps too but it doesnt mean that I want to have them again.

Anyway, why DO YOU live in Pattaya it's "a complete mystery to me why [you] want to be anywhere near Pattaya anyway. I would have thought it totally unsuitable for [you], in just about every aspect."

Well, you are wrong about that too then. It is very suitable for me for many reasons and that's why I live here (well, Jomtien actually but I do go to Pattaya most days). But that doesn't stop me disliking certain things here. I just avoid the things I dont like.