Snow in in Thailand claim kicks up storm among weathermen

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see TAT making a media release, Tourists flocking to Thailand for the snow season.

I have heard that TAT is requesting the winter Olympics be held here.cheesy.gif

And can you imagine powdered snow on the rail tracks, on top of all the other rail probs.cheesy.gif

In our area of the North east, it actually is snowing, been snowing now for the last 3 weeks!!!! but only problem is, it's colour is black and it's a lot worst than the white proper stuff!

Oh what a shame, because last year and this year Yingluck said they were to stop it. Now it looks like they are still burning hill sides, someone had better inform the authorities.cheesy.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

What a load of old tosh. A picture of a bit of hoar frost on a few blades of grass and Thailand panics.

EXACTLY !!!-------- At least someone has a little bit of senseclap2.gifclap2.gif

"LaLaLa let it snow,let it snow,let it snow la la la---------- hahaha

Yes, why panic... because of course all Thai people, particularly those up in the north, have access to warm clothing and ample heating sources. They also have a nice cushy layer of fat on their bodies to keep them well insulated..dont they.

Lalalala yeh...let it snow ..let it snow..

Such mountaintop snow - possibly this month and in January - would result from an approaching "Little Ice Age" and reversal of the Earth's magnetic field, which had last taken place 800,000 years ago.[\quote] this guy knows stuff others don't, we should listen to him.

W

Why not...People listen to Al Gore...LOL

Actually in the American West, I have seen it snow at 42F and very common to snow at 38F. Very heavy wet snow at those temps.

Latest report is that TAT are going to do a media blitz in the next day or so promoting skiing holidays in the North of Thailand, an Asian version of the Alps apparently, and a free bag of rice to anyone that comes.

Yes they may have even found a use for all that rice they've been stockpiling. Spread it around Chang Mai and promote rice skiing.

Such mountaintop snow - possibly this month and in January - would result from an approaching "Little Ice Age" and reversal of the Earth's magnetic field, which had last taken place 800,000 years ago.[\quote] this guy knows stuff others don't, we should listen to him.

It takes very little effort to discredit an idea without reason.

It also takes very little effort to actually try to find out if there's any validity to the idea. By using google for instance.

And it avoids going from deriding to being derided.

Fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

Theory:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=new+ice+age&oq=new+ice+age&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60j0l2.4208j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

In our area of the North east, it actually is snowing, been snowing now for the last 3 weeks!!!! but only problem is, it's colour is black and it's a lot worst than the white proper stuff!

Oh what a shame, because last year and this year Yingluck said they were to stop it. Now it looks like they are still burning hill sides, someone had better inform the authorities.cheesy.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

(ginjag) For our area, it's not about burning the hillside as we have only 1 hill with a zoo on top!. so no burning to what you are thinking. But we do have a lot of sugarcane farmers and now a lot of them are burning to make it easier to harvest.

It also takes very little effort to actually try to find out if there's any validity to the idea. By using google for instance.

Fact:

Theory:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=new+ice+age&oq=new+ice+age&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60j0l2.4208j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Both are valid. Polarity reversal has happened before and will happen again. They just have no real idea when.

And what they like to call a mini Ice Age happened (in the UK) for around 300 years up to around 1870. Average winter temps were 2 degrees less than normal. Rivers froze and skating became a popular pastime. Lately average winter temps have been dropping slightly leading to a belief that we are entering another 'Little Ice Age' which is more accurately described as 'a bit colder than usual'

However, there is no connection between the two. Polarity reversal will not cause Arctic weather to appear in Thailand, nor will it make the Arctic a tropical paradise.

(ginjag) For our area, it's not about burning the hillside as we have only 1 hill with a zoo on top!. so no burning to what you are thinking. But we do have a lot of sugarcane farmers and now a lot of them are burning to make it easier to harvest.

Sorry mate, wrong guess, I had a fifty fifty chance only. I actually live in your style area, and have actually cut cane for a day, because I wanted the experience.

What you mentioned is an annual EVENT, choking, washing clothes and hanging them on the line a nightmare, waking up in the morning forgetting a widow mesh, disaster. All local authorities are aware, so are the police, but because in our area the Big town boss is the owner of the sugar cane plantation-that's your answer.

Fact:

Theory:

from the wiki link: "Most reversals are estimated to take between 1,000 and 10,000 years."

or from the article "possibly this month and in January"

believe what you will.

Both are valid. Polarity reversal has happened before and will happen again. They just have no real idea when.

And what they like to call a mini Ice Age happened (in the UK) for around 300 years up to around 1870. Average winter temps were 2 degrees less than normal. Rivers froze and skating became a popular pastime. Lately average winter temps have been dropping slightly leading to a belief that we are entering another 'Little Ice Age' which is more accurately described as 'a bit colder than usual'

However, there is no connection between the two. Polarity reversal will not cause Arctic weather to appear in Thailand, nor will it make the Arctic a tropical paradise.

I think the temperature drops you refer to were a bit more than 1 or 2 degrees.

'....the Great Frost of 1683-4......the Thames was completely frozen for two months, with the ice reaching a thickness of 28cm.

The first recorded Frost Fair was in 1608. In the previous century, King Henry VIII travelled by sleigh to Greenwich during the winter of 1536, and Queen Elizabeth 1 went shooting on the ice in the winter of 1564.' http://www.deptfordis.org.uk/2011_12_01_archive.html