Thailand: Regime is not 'Democratically Elected'

webfact

At last, a journalist with a grasp of The Truth.

Truth? Like the one where Korn admited they outspent PT and still lost? Where Korn admited that in 2011 vote buying did no have the effect from the old days?

The few observers that where allowed to observe the 2011 election was pretty clear that this was a free and fair election. It was as democratic as you could expect with a coup as backdrop, not to mention two years of violent crackdowns on street protests.

It was the feeling of injustice that fueled PT victory in 2011. Not populist policies or vote buying. The last was something PT was very much aware would give them another soft coup in courts. And that PT is still the governing party is proof enough that they did not get involved in wide spread vote buying.

Populist policies is not vote buying. Its part of a democracy. And it is not corruption. Corruption is when you implement you populist policies for the people that you eat dinner with.

You have been very well brainwashed mr. red shirt, I think there is not a single thing technically correct about what you said !!! cheesy.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the news is, this article is from "Tue Dec 3, 2013 6:21PM GMT".

it comes from the iranian government news agency based in tehran - the bastion of democracy.

thanx very much for heads up, editors, and for my lost time

Nonsense ! The fact that it comes from an Iranian website is irrelevant. It comes from a journalist based in Bangkok and reiterates what the same journalist said on the Landgrabber website. This is the truth from someone who lives here, not some nonce thousands of miles away who can't be bothered to research the facts. It is a very knowledgable and well written article that I believe to be the truth. Keep it up Tony !

• Like 1

Not really sure if this journalist has any grasp of the truth. Comparing Thailand to other countries that claim to be

democracies but who have only have one party rule and no press freedoms is not accurate at all and borders on a

bald face lie. Thailand has two equally corrupt parties with diametrically opposed views on how the country should be run.

One corrupt party seeks to fleece the country by collecting kick backs on government mega contracts while

implementing populist agricultural policies that will steadily bankrupt the country. The other will collect the same

kick backs and transfer valuable public land to its party faithful but have no interest in helping the poor farmers

only themselves. If this is at the expense of democracy, so be it. There are various newspaper and media

groups that support both sides. Both sides pay protesters to march in various demonstrations. A far

cry from the countries the "journalist" alludes too. The fare and balanced truth the way I see it any way.

When I read the bit you have highlighted I was wondering just where you get those ideas ?

I assume you are referring to the Dems and wondered about the transferring land to party faithful, could you please elaborate.

There was a graph posted here not long back that showed the level of corruption in this country, corruption increased in the time of the 2 Thaksin proxy Govts before the Dems took over then started to decline in their term in office then rose sharply after PT took over.

This is probably a good indication that they actually tried to do something about corruption in spite of having to take on the corrupt parasite parties in order to form a government.

As for not helping the poor farmers, don't you realize that in the time the Dems were in power they had a scheme in operation that paid a subsidy to the rice farmers, that is directly to the farmers cutting out the middle men and most of the corruption, in the time they were in office they paid out over 60 billion to the farmers.

When PT took over they scrapped this in favor of the now notorious multi hundred billion losing rice pledging scheme.

• Like 1

Tony Cartalucci ??? Who is thsi? A friend of Silvio Berlusconi? Too much alcohol already? Or just to near to Suthep??

If you really want to know he has a blog called landdestroyer, allegedly the alternative Thai news network. A sample headline from his latest (G)utterings is below.

Thailand: Red Terror - Regime Thugs Firebomb Protest Leader's Home, Threaten Opponents

December 19, 2013 (Tony Cartalucci) - After weeks of cyber-stalking by the Thaksin Shinawatra regime's paid-PR machine, including disgraced former-Reuters editor Andrew Marshall, regime thugs have fire-bombed the home of anti-regime protest leader Chitpas Bhirombhakdi.

http://altthainews.blogspot.com/2013/12/thailand-red-terror-regime-thugs.html

Basically he's what's euphemistically called a "whack job" but hey why not, this Forum gives equal opportunity for people like this to reach their chosen followers, they deserve each other

Edited by fab4

it comes from the iranian government news agency based in tehran - the bastion of democracy.

Nonsense ! The fact that it comes from an Iranian website is irrelevant. It comes from a journalist based in Bangkok and reiterates what the same journalist said on the Landgrabber website. This is the truth from someone who lives here, not some nonce thousands of miles away who can't be bothered to research the facts. It is a very knowledgable and well written article that I believe to be the truth. Keep it up Tony !

ting tong!

And the Bangkok yellow shirt farangs come out to worship the article. guitar.gifangry.gif

I do not live in Bangkok and I am not yellow, I live in a rural village but I am not red.

But if you can find an article that gives an alternative reason as to why the country is currently in this unenviable position, I will gladly read it.

Can point you in another direction. try looking for a wesite from the Australia national University dealing with Asai Pacific issues. Also have a google for the writings of Andrew McGregor Marshall. They may help you form a view on what is currently happening in Thailand.

So you just have given yourself away mate. Andrew McGregor Marshall is a paid shill. He's been hired by Robert Amsterdam to post pro-Thaksin garbage.

Tony Cartalucci ??? Who is thsi? A friend of Silvio Berlusconi? Too much alcohol already? Or just to near to Suthep??

Tony Cartalucci is nothing more than the yellow counterpart of the German journalist and photographer that was lynched for weeks on this forum (Nick Nostitz)...

There are lots of articles on the net where you can clearly see his bias smile.png

Edited by newcomer71

Why attack the messenger? The fact remains; the article rings true. That's what matters. When I was a little kid, me and my friends would bandie around the taunt: 'The truth hurts, ha ha ha' .....it's applicable here, aimed at Red apologists.

• Like 2

I would still like to know how Cartalucci's opinion is truth and wisdom, and Nostitz's one was considered red propaganda.

If we still have some balance we would say they are the two paladin's of two sides. Both of them based in Bangkok, both of them biased in the opposite direction. Nothing more than that.

I would still like to know how Cartalucci's opinion is truth and wisdom, and Nostitz's one was considered red propaganda.

If we still have some balance we would say they are the two paladin's of two sides. Both of them based in Bangkok, both of them biased in the opposite direction. Nothing more than that.

It's not Cartalucci's opinion, it's the facts and the links he provides which actually back up what he says. Follow the links and read it. Or post the counter argument if you think he is making stories up.

• Like 2

It's not Cartalucci's opinion, it's the facts and the links he provides which actually back up what he says. Follow the links and read it. Or post the counter argument if you think he is making stories up.

If you like, you can search my previous posts, have plenty of facts and links that proves he is just doing the dirty job as the other biased press do in this country.

By the way, I am not telling he is wrong, but as in all biased articles, he shows only a face of the medal, and never got to write anything against Suthep.

From here my comment...

Telling he is biased is different to tell he is a liar.

Edited by newcomer71

At last, a journalist with a grasp of The Truth.

Truth? Like the one where Korn admited they outspent PT and still lost? Where Korn admited that in 2011 vote buying did no have the effect from the old days?

The few observers that where allowed to observe the 2011 election was pretty clear that this was a free and fair election. It was as democratic as you could expect with a coup as backdrop, not to mention two years of violent crackdowns on street protests.

It was the feeling of injustice that fueled PT victory in 2011. Not populist policies or vote buying. The last was something PT was very much aware would give them another soft coup in courts. And that PT is still the governing party is proof enough that they did not get involved in wide spread vote buying.

Populist policies is not vote buying. Its part of a democracy. And it is not corruption. Corruption is when you implement you populist policies for the people that you eat dinner with.

Do you have any grasp at all on the situation here? Populist policies are implemented to gain the support of the 'have nots', and they are meant to be seen through to the finish if you hope to have the desired effect. What would be the point of implementing populist policies for the well-healed? That would simply turn the masses against your party...!!

And if you can honestly say, hand on heart, that there is no corruption involved in the populist policies that this government has implemented, then you are, to say the least, deluded...!!

I see you had a syntactical error in your second sentence, since you obviously meant to say "violent crackdowns on violent street protests"

As far as your comments on a free and fair election go, refer back to the last part of the sentence in the second paragraph above.

• Like 1

Tell me of ONE elector whose vote has been purchased by ANY of Thailand's political parties and I will examine the myth further. Name him or her. Bring that person forward to discuss the argument. He would be blameless. It would be the party that illegally approached him that would be guilty.Ask him how much he was paid, and which party he voted for. Question him further as to which party he would have voted for had he not been given any financial incentive?

If you could find more than a handful of voters who voted for a party that they did not truly support I would be amazed.

As I have said before vote buying is an electoral myth used by the losing,inaptly named, Democratic party, to try to disguise their own abysmal failings.

It is almost as ridiculous as the constant harping on about the influence Thaksin is exerting on Thai politics. Of course he is exerting influence during his exile. Doubtless Yingluck is accepting a considerable amount of advice from her brother. But so what? Unless Suthep sends a hit squad to Dubai Thaksin will continue to influence Thai politics.

The only democratic way to change things is for individuals to use the ballot box at the upcoming election to legitimately oust PheuThai from power

Tell me of ONE elector whose vote has been purchased by ANY of Thailand's political parties and I will examine the myth further. Name him or her. Bring that person forward to discuss the argument. He would be blameless. It would be the party that illegally approached him that would be guilty.Ask him how much he was paid, and which party he voted for. Question him further as to which party he would have voted for had he not been given any financial incentive?

If you could find more than a handful of voters who voted for a party that they did not truly support I would be amazed.

As I have said before vote buying is an electoral myth used by the losing,inaptly named, Democratic party, to try to disguise their own abysmal failings.

It is almost as ridiculous as the constant harping on about the influence Thaksin is exerting on Thai politics. Of course he is exerting influence during his exile. Doubtless Yingluck is accepting a considerable amount of advice from her brother. But so what? Unless Suthep sends a hit squad to Dubai Thaksin will continue to influence Thai politics.

The only democratic way to change things is for individuals to use the ballot box at the upcoming election to legitimately oust PheuThai from power

Were you out drinking before you wrote this? Vote buying was screened on YouTube for all to see, but obviously your red-tinted glasses have fogged your vision...!!

• Like 1

ABSOLUTELY ! Have any of you watched the Red tv channels ? They make out anyone who disagrees with them as some kind of devil ! They use photos of Suthep and quotes ( I have no idea how accurate or not they are as they don't use video of him, just photos and probably continually misquote him or even make it up I would wager ). What Tony is doing is just balancing the other side and whilst his statements may sound a little extreme at times, he is using the facts and just echoing and reflecting the tone that the pro Reds take. Facts are facts and the truth hurts...I have never read anytthing from him that is not backed up by strong evidence in the form of photos, videos and news reports. He is doing a stirling job of bringing the truth through the sea of propagandist crap and rhetoric...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

And the Bangkok yellow shirt farangs come out to worship the article. guitar.gifangry.gif

I do not live in Bangkok and I am not yellow, I live in a rural village but I am not red.

But if you can find an article that gives an alternative reason as to why the country is currently in this unenviable position, I will gladly read it.

You are not yellow and not red and you don't live in Bangkok,

the comment does not refer to you, so whats your problem with it? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

I don't have a problem.

I'll ask again, find any article that gives a better summation of exactly why Thailand is in the current situation that it is in, and I will read it.

(no smilies. in this instance they are the pictorial equivalent of whistling past the graveyard)

How can you oust something that is illegitimately installed without removing the methods for illegitimate installation?

Dosnt matter what anyone does here nothing is going to change, there wont be proper reform no matter what. itll just get wrapped up in different packaging the corruption will continue and so will the problems we all know it

I think they should just ban all politicians here for 10 years scrap all parties, go to Singapore and employ 2 or 300 of the policy makers there to come run the country for them and sort things out... let them overhaul the whole system for a few years and Thailand would be sorted. Or at least copy the policies that cut out corruption there and made them the powerhouse they are.

Hey everyone can dream right ... ?

Thank you Tony for your efforts to try and spread the truth ! I wish more people would do the same instead of believing the propaganda from the Shin regime.

The truth??? from Tony Cartalucci!!!

Read the headline from another of his articles: http://www.globalresearch.ca/thailands-military-an-important-independent-institution/5360806

If that doesn't make you rethink Tony's writings your moniker is correct.

• Like 1

Tony Cartalucci is a Bangkok-based geopolitical researcher and writer. He has been published on many alternative media websites, including Alternative Thai News Network and LocalOrg. His writings deal with world events from a Southeast Asian perspective as well as promoting self-sufficiency as one of the keys to true freedom. His website is Land Destroyer Report. More articles by Tony Cartalucci

Go Tony

Fight Tony

Win Tony

biggrin.png

And another NY Times article says the protests are undemocratic.

Am I missing something ?

they are undemocratic. If fact democracy does not exist inthailand.

It is run by a corrupt evil empire and another waits in the midst.

These poor people get trampled by all their leaders

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

Thank You Thaivisa for balancing the NYT rhetoric and showing them up as the two faced idiots that they are.

Nice balance... I like it. Goes to show they don't really understand how it works here.

how does it work here? It seems to me the government of both parties are just evil

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk