Dennis Rodman in third North Korea visit

webfact

Rodman heads to North Korea for basketball visit

(BBC) Retired US basketball player Dennis Rodman is heading to North Korea for a five-day visit, where he will train the national basketball team.

Mr Rodman has previously described his visits as "basketball diplomacy", and called North Korean leader Kim Jong-un his "friend for life".

The US State Department has stressed that Mr Rodman is not representing the US government on this trip.

The visit comes weeks after Mr Kim's uncle Chang Song-thaek was executed.

Analysts described Mr Chang's purge as the biggest political shake-up since the death of former ruler Kim Jong-il two years ago.

Speaking to reporters in Beijing before heading to North Korea, Mr Rodman said politics had "nothing to do with [him]". [read more...]

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25443454

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-12-19

Rodman heads to North Korea for basketball visit

And??????????????

Rodman is quite controversial. As Sarah Palin might saywhistling.gif , he's palling around with a vicious dictator. I get the purpose of diplomacy but can't see actually befriending Kim Jong-un.

I say before what I said the second time he went and all your silly comments were abusive towards him. Watch the last episode of documentary series Vice where Rodman made his first trip to North Korea with the Harlem Globetrotters, see what they accomplished through that trip. Sports can break down barriers and build bridges. I applaud Rodman for his efforts to use his status as a bridge between the 2 countries.

Maybe it just some weird sex thing and he is doing dear "little" leader's wife . . . Candidly, there is nothing to bridge with North Korea. Don't want them or need them and definitely don't want to give them any more money. Just let them run themselves into the ground.

Thai Visa pundits keeping up with current events.

Somebody else was on about Sunday's Suthep Fan Club rally showing little regard for Christmas shoppers.

When reminded that this was a Buddhist society, the poster accused his critic of intellectual vanity

Ignoramus then ran on for five forum pages about how he'd been right to say what he'd said.

I could go on but I've been banned and I really can't be bothered to get back into this crock of nitwits.

• Like 1

Maybe this time they will keep Rodman in the workers paradise and he can see first hand what it is like to live there

What I don't understand is why he is allowed to go at all, considering that we (the US, UN, and South Korea) are technically still at war with North Korea

I remember a time when my US passport specifically forbade travel to North Korea and Cuba

I say before what I said the second time he went and all your silly comments were abusive towards him. Watch the last episode of documentary series Vice where Rodman made his first trip to North Korea with the Harlem Globetrotters, see what they accomplished through that trip. Sports can break down barriers and build bridges. I applaud Rodman for his efforts to use his status as a bridge between the 2 countries.

Maybe it just some weird sex thing and he is doing dear "little" leader's wife . . . Candidly, there is nothing to bridge with North Korea. Don't want them or need them and definitely don't want to give them any more money. Just let them run themselves into the ground.

Perhaps Korea is just a little miffed that the US has tens of thousands of combat troops on its borders . . . the borders which are about 10.000km away from the US . . . not to mention the US navy patrolling adjacent waters, bombers etc . . .

I'm sure you would applaud that fact and think nothing of it . . . kind of like Iran

Perhaps Korea is just a little miffed that the US has tens of thousands of combat troops on its borders . . . the borders which are about 10.000km away from the US . . . not to mention the US navy patrolling adjacent waters, bombers etc . . .

I'm sure you would applaud that fact and think nothing of it . . . kind of like Iran

Huh? Nice rant out of left field. Your back must be getting really sore from that huge chip you carry around on your shoulder.

The US had nothing to do after WW2. So, they stopped in Korea on the way home. 55,000 American troops were killed.

It's so nice of you to worry about how N. Korea 'is just a little miffed'.

• Like 1

The US had nothing to do after WW2. So, they stopped in Korea on the way home. 55,000 American troops were killed.

It's so nice of you to worry about how N. Korea 'is just a little miffed'.

An extremely simplistic view of the Korean wars . . . but go for it, you are free to express your opinion