Honda Vs The Other Jap Makes

Looking at used cars, what's the deal with spares and their comparable prices? I've heard Honda is the most expensive, as you can't buy pattern/reconditioned parts for them but have to buy exclusively from Honda themselves - is this true? How does this compare with Nissan, Toyota etc? Am I completely misinformed on the subject, or is this a salient point to bear in mind when considering a used car purchase? Any ideas? Cheers.

Looking at used cars, what's the deal with spares and their comparable prices? I've heard Honda is the most expensive, as you can't buy pattern/reconditioned parts for them but have to buy exclusively from Honda themselves - is this true? How does this compare with Nissan, Toyota etc? Am I completely misinformed on the subject, or is this a salient point to bear in mind when considering a used car purchase? Any ideas? Cheers.

Honda and Toyota's are reliable. spare parts are not going to be a major worry becuase you just wont need any.(unless you buy a 10 year old ex bangkok taxi with more miles on it than the starship enterprise :o )

Pattern parts are available for Honda cars, a visit to the dealer is not always required.

With lower budget in mind the best bet would be a 2 year old Honda city or Toyota soluna. for around B300,000 these cars are good for 10 years use without any major worries i reckon. general servicing is dirt cheap and consumables like brake pads are available everywhere.

When purchasing, make sure you have an expert with you. If you dont have anybody, visit the local main dealer and pay one of their mecahnics to check the vehicle out, it will cost you next to nothing.

good luck