Sending money quickly to the Philippines

Western Union pays out instantly. Just text her the MTCN number and she can collect right away.

Make sure you have her accurate address and name spelling and she has your complete name and knows the exact amount being sent as Philippine WU offices can be very strict on details and positive ID.

Along with many banks, Robinsons Dept Stores usually have WU, open till 8pm, 7 days. Many currency exchange booths also have WU.

Sending her 3000 pesos would cost you about 2,600 baht including fees.

Western Union pays out instantly. Just text her the MTCN number and she can collect right away.

Make sure you have her accurate address and name spelling and she has your complete name and knows the exact amount being sent as Philippine WU offices can be very strict on details and positive ID.

Along with many banks, Robinsons Dept Stores usually have WU, open till 8pm, 7 days. Many currency exchange booths also have WU.

Usually what are the western union standard fees? Is it 600 Baht per transfer + 2 % currency conversion charge?

Usually what are the western union standard fees? Is it 600 Baht per transfer + 2 % currency conversion charge?

It's a sliding scale depending on the amount you are sending. Most WU agents will have a card posted with the rates. I seem to remember it's about B400-450 to send B3000

• 4 weeks later...

Western union fees: I find that when I send between PHP4000 and PHP 25,000 the fee is a flat 475 baht. Its their exchange rate which makes larger transfers profitable for WU. Like PayPal, It's about 3+% more in their favor than the real rate.

Western union fees: I find that when I send between PHP4000 and PHP 25,000 the fee is a flat 475 baht. Its their exchange rate which makes larger transfers profitable for WU. Like PayPal, It's about 3+% more in their favor than the real rate.