Sri Racha tiger zoo, entry ticket, opening hours. General info.

mataleo

I just coppied and pasted your exact thread here and put it into Google search and came up with this:

http://journeytothailand.com/eastthailand12/87-tiger-zoo.html

90% of the questions asked on here could be answered in seconds by using a seach engine, like you I find it strange

but then u wouldnt get to 2,484 posts if you were limited to the more complex questions

• Like 2

mateleo You should be able to use your new driving license you got yesterday to get the local price right?

I don't think so. The admission price is not based on whether you have a Thai driving licence. It is based on whether you are a Thai or a foreigner.

Thai DL didn't work for me, but I'm a sucker, and prefer to enjoy a day out with no arguments over a few bucks here and there.

In the scheme of things, the foreigner entry fee didn't seem prohibitive. If it had been obnoxious, I'd remember what it was. I don't.

mateleo You should be able to use your new driving license you got yesterday to get the local price right?

I don't think so. The admission price is not based on whether you have a Thai driving licence. It is based on whether you are a Thai or a foreigner.

The 5-6 times I've been there I've always gotten the Thai price when showing my DL.

However it's been over a year, maybe even two since the last visit, so they could have changed their policy since.

So how much it is Price for thais and farang? And thx for help I see on that web its 250 and 350 Thx

Just looked at the official website which shows the admission fee as 450 Baht on the English language version. Interestingly, the ticket price page for the Thai version was "not found".

http://www.tigerzoo.com/eng/ticket.php

Edited by gmac

Went there yesterday. Nice day out.

However, they display adult price 450b. I paid 180 with thai licence. So if no licence u pay 450b. Which im not sure is worth it. For 180 is cool. But u decide....

Better go there early sobu can get in to baby tigers feeding and big tiger pics. .. i miseed that...

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I ever heard that there is tiger temple. Where monks breed tigers. And thats the one inwant go.

B cu i went to sri racha tiger zoo..

Ita got animal shows.

I ever heard about tiger temple and i thing itts in sri racha?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I ever heard that there is tiger temple. Where monks breed tigers. And thats the one inwant go. B cu i went to sri racha tiger zoo.. Ita got animal shows. I ever heard about tiger temple and i thing itts in sri racha? Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The tiger temple I've been to is in Kanchanaburi. K-buri is well worth the 2-1/2 hour trip from BKK, and if you're already there, so is the Tiger Temple- about 1/2 hour from K-buri.

I wouldn't go that far from BKK just for the Tiger Temple if I'd just been to the Tiger Zoo.

• Like 1

There is also Kheo Khow (Sp?) open zoo which is not far from Sri Racha Tiger Zoo, very big and you can drive around a big part of it, i once saw two giraffe's shagging there - that was quite something!! Good day out.

• Like 1

There is also Kheo Khow (Sp?) open zoo which is not far from Sri Racha Tiger Zoo, very big and you can drive around a big part of it, i once saw two giraffe's shagging there - that was quite something!! Good day out.

U drive ur own vehicle?

mataleo

U drive ur own vehicle?

mataleo

Yes you can drive your own vehicle or go on the parks coaches.

• Like 1

I echo what Lenny said Khao Keow open zoo is a really good day out and far better than the Tiger Zoo and only a bit further up the road, If you have your Thai Licence driving licence it is all the same price plus in there you can do the flight of the gibbon thing as well....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re tiger temple.

to LennyW - I beleive your post on the tiger Zoo is totally incorrect.

As far as I'm aware, the zoo has NEVER legally moved or shipped a singles tiger. perhaps you'd like to say how and when this happened. As the tigers bred at the zoo have no DNA verification they cannot under any circumstances be allowed to breed with other animals.

Any movement of the animals has to be recorded under both Thai regulations and CITES - can you tell me where or when any of this has happened and what conservation benefits you think they have achieved?

The post I'm referring to was in fact the Tiger Temple...NOT the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo. However I'd like to know about their dealings in shipping animals too.

You might want to check out K.Plodrasop's current court case re shipping tigers from the zoo and explain the conservation benefits as you see them.

Edited by wilcopops