My Friday Afternoon laugh

Blindside

To the foreign lady in the Nissan NV waiting to u-turn on Chao Fa West (having come past PSU) - thank you for the best laugh I have had in a long time. I don't really agree with what you did, but damn it was really funny.

Unfortunately for everyone else - you had to be there to believe it, but I'll try to convey.

I am behind her, we are about 8/9 cars away from the turn. Traffic is heavy, but not beyond the pale. Inevitably; there is the fool that comes from the left and double u-turns, the 40 odd bikes that push in and prevent a car from turning and the oncoming traffic who have lost their minds at Central and are not going to let us in.

She starts waving her arms out of her window every time she views one of these "injustices". Then she steps up the game; I can hear her shouting at the bikers as they come past. Bearing in mind my windows are closed, radio on and A/C working. This clearly does not satisfy. She then begins to single out individual motorists. As they pass by she points at them and conveys a sign to signify her displeasure. Ranging from the 2 finger salute to the old masturbatory back and forth. I reckon she must have done this more than half a dozen times.

I know this happens somewhere on the island everyday. Road rage is not new etc. etc. I personally would not do it - bound to eventually get me beaten up, stabbed or shot.

It was just so out of the blue, the first time was WHAT?!

Just too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Anyone else have a good laugh today?

• Like 1

Why do people say things like "just past such and such" and expect people to know which direction they are coming from?

Sounds like it was entertaining, but I can't get any idea what you are describing.

At the U turn near the Honda showroom on Chao Fa West. It gets really busy in the evenings with the school traffic from Kajonkiet & a multitude of cars coming from Kathu on the back road & exiting by the showroom to make the U turn. It does get pretty chaotic.

Last week I was coming from the other direction & a cop was standing by the U turn trying to exert some control when someone tried to push in from the inside lane. In no uncertain terms the cop would not let him make the turn & made him go straight ahead. I wish the police would do more of this to the queue jumpers.

• Like 1

I think that this lady needs to go and spend six weeks in Chiang Mai. That would probably turn her into a kind and humane person who would have positive experiences rather than frustrating ones.

I doubt it. Sounds like her attitude is deeply ingrained.

I think that this lady needs to go and spend six weeks in Chiang Mai. That would probably turn her into a kind and humane person who would have positive experiences rather than frustrating ones.

Ah, Chiang Mai - where the drivers are all skilful and courteous and road rage doesn't exist. neus.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptR4K2not3.gif

• Like 1

Traffic here is a dream compared to that angry, corrupt little island.wai2.gif

Edited by Paangjang