New Kajonkiet school opening in Thalang (by Heroines Monument)

SurinBeach

Hi,

Just a FYI as my kids go to the Kajonkiet schools....

There's a new school opening for P1 (and P2's if sufficient numbers) just 1Km West (ie Cherntalay direction) of Heroines Monument.

(P1 is circa Age 5/6 years, P2 is circa 6/7 years)

School under construction currently but accepting admissions from January 2nd for EP (English Program) which is 70% English 30% Thai.

Cost currently at 60,000thb per term/semester (which I think is a bargain!). I'll update on Jan 2nd !

School Year starts beginning of May and is made of up 2 terms/semesters.

VERY Handy for us as now we wont have to brave the nutters on the bypass road ....

Regards,

SB....

I don't have children here, nor do I paln to, but out of curiosity, the language component of the curriculum is 70% English and 30% Thai - are they the only two languages offered?

Only reason I ask is, with all the Russians setting up here, where do their kids go to learn Russian? Do different schools offer different languages for children from different nationalities?

Edited by NamKangMan

As far as I'm aware yes, sorry dont know about the Russians ....

I don't have children here, nor do I paln to, but out of curiosity, the language component of the curriculum is 70% English and 30% Thai - are they the only two languages offered?

Only reason I ask is, with all the Russians setting up here, where do their kids go to learn Russian? Do different schools offer different languages for children from different nationalities?

• 6 months later...

Ian, I don't think Kaj Thalang will open a P3. They have 2 P1 classes right now (Thai program and EP). I spoke with the Headmistress who said that they will progressively open P2, P3 etc in each new year.

Simon

• 2 months later...

Quick update :

To anyone living in Thalang, Bangtao, Paklok and surrounding areas with kids in P2 and P3 at Darasamuth, Kanonkiet Kathu and other schools in central Phuket the new Kajonkiet Thalang school โรงเรียนขจรเกียรติถลาง will consider opening P3 and P4 in May next year subject to a minimum 12 to 15 children per class. If you are sick of the school run and the travelling times let me know and I will forward you the form and email address to go on the waiting list. English programme 120k per year, ESC 60k per year.