Teachers Waiver Waiting Time

Colabamumbai

Anyone have an idea how long it is taking for their schools to get their teachers waivers from Bangkok?

My school has been waiting 6 weeks, I do not think that they have been following up on it. I do not think that they know what they are doing. I am waiting for this to get a Non B visa,

The school, sometimes the school Director herself, has to follow up.

Never forget.....doing nothing is not only an option here in Thailand, it's the preferred option vs. doing something about things and problems. At my school, the written requests have been ignored since submitted last May. Copies of the requests were however good enough for VISA and WP renewals.

If you go in person, it is once again determined more by how they percieve you and like or dislike you combined with their mood. Nothing is done in a business like manner. Filipino's are also given more attention and shown more compassion as their English is easier for the Thai's to understand creating of course a more friendly atmosphere for everyone. Filipino's are in fact often times given an actual Teachers Liscense despite of course regulations saying their Universities don't qualify and English not being the native tounge. Being female is of course also an advantage.

There is no way to motivate the Thai administration to act in due course. The farang can easily be replaced as when adverts placed they get a hundred CV's from native speakers with degrees.

For the Filipinos that are given an actual Teacher's License, they have passed an examination in the Philippines -- similar to a civil service exam -- and are a Licensed Teacher there. I believe they still have to have an acceptable TOEIC and have taken the Culture Course.

For the Filipinos that are given an actual Teacher's License, they have passed an examination in the Philippines -- similar to a civil service exam -- and are a Licensed Teacher there. I believe they still have to have an acceptable TOEIC and have taken the Culture Course.

That may be the assumption, but in practice I've seen other things happen. As for the TOEIC, it isn't even mentioned to the Filipino's according to them. Same for the exam in the Philippines and license there. Lips were moving which of course doesn't mean rely on the information. I don't personally care either way but it does expose the TCT for what it is. I think the Culture Course is generally required for everyone, Filipino and Farang.

Thanks fellows, yes lack of action is action in Thailand.

I received one a year ago in about three weeks hence questioning whether a school has even forwarded the documents, or it is just smoke and mirrors, waiting for a Non B so I can teach on a contract that will end in less than 90 days so would not be able to get a Non B this term. But sure the school is getting the paperwork, That sure makes sense to me.

I don't have a link on my home computer to the site which lists the different professions in the Philippines. I think the home page is here: http://www.prc.gov.ph/ . It is a public site and you can check to see if someone has passed the licensure exam. It includes a number of professionals, not just Teachers. All you need is the date the exam was taken and the status is public knowledge.

The TOEIC is needed for any non-native English speaker. This includes Filipinos.

I received one a year ago in about three weeks hence questioning whether a school has even forwarded the documents, or it is just smoke and mirrors, waiting for a Non B so I can teach on a contract that will end in less than 90 days so would not be able to get a Non B this term. But sure the school is getting the paperwork, That sure makes sense to me.

I think you'll find that you have to get the Non B first.

I seem to remember that one of the requirements for a TL is that you have 30 days left on a current visa or extension of stay.

I seem to remember that one of the requirements for a TL is that you have 30 days left on a current visa or extension of stay.

Edited see post 12. A waiver is not given on an extension of stay. A waiver is not given on a visa exemt entry or visa on arrival, only on a non-B or non-O based on marriage or an extension of that.

Best is to apply in person.

Due to the protests, the TC has been closed for some days so expect a delay.

If you want to contact the TC, email the foreign relation unit. Usually they are very fast in replying, but only if you email that unit directly.

• Like 1

I was talking to a guy there when I had to go to TCT the last time. They usually need two weeks, if all the paperwork is complete.

Wish you best of luck, if it doesn't work, go there in person. Better to have more documents than needed.-wai2.gif

A waiver is not given on an extension of stay.

Best is to apply in person.

Due to the protests, the TC has been closed for some days so expect a delay.

If you want to contact the TC, email the foreign relation unit. Usually they are very fast in replying, but only if you email that unit directly.

This an extract from the Teachers Council website:

Copy of all the used pages of the applicant’s passport, the present Non- B Visa in particular. (Applicants

shall submit all documents to before the Non- B Visa expiration at least 30 days).

In case of holding visa type “NON-O”, please attach a copy of marriage certificate or other related

documents.

As you can see, they require a visa before you apply for a waiver. That visa has to have 30 days left, as I stated.

How can a waiver not be issued on an extension of stay?

If you have been teaching for 2 years already and want to continue then you must apply for another waiver. You do not need to go out of country and get another visa. 30 days remaining on the current extension is sufficient.

Sorry, in my haste I made a mistake. I will correct my sentence in my original post.

I meant to say a waiver is not issued on a visa exempt entry or visa on arrival.

(As your quote says, you must have a non-B visa or non-O based on marriage).

Thank You Mario.

So this means that the OP could be waiting for ever, as his application is incomplete.

Hello Op,

Are you still on a Non-B visa? Why don't you get in touch with them? Please see:

http://site.ksp.or.th/home.php?site=englishsite

The OP says in his first post that he is waiting to get the waiver to process his Non B visa, hence my post.

OP..... you are quite a regular poster on this thread and I know that you have had a few jobs already. Are you, maybe, over the permitted limit of waivers?

You need the waiver to get the Non B visa. I had one last year at a previous school.

You cannot get a Non B with less than 90 days left on a contract.

I was on a tourist visas while waiting and now just 30 day border crossings, since we get 30 days now, and Vientiane is sick of gving me tourist visas while I wait Non B docs, I have had 3 in two years now, all awaiting schools.

It is the school that has been inept, taking two months and probably doing nothing to ensure that it was in the works. I imagine they have no experience in hiring foreigners.

Thai Schools as a rule do not understand that a foreigner needs a visa to live in Thailand while they are waiting documentation to gain employment.

You need the waiver to get the Non B visa. I had one last year at a previous school.

I was on a tourist visas while waiting and now just 30 day border crossings, since we get 30 days now, and Vientiane is sick of gving me tourist visas while I wait Non B docs, I have had 3 in two years now, all awaiting schools.

It is the school that has been inept, taking two months and probably doing nothing to ensure that it was in the works. I imagine they have no experience in hiring foreigners.

Thai Schools as a rule do not understand that a foreigner needs a visa to live in Thailand while they are waiting documentation to gain employment.

Savannakhet do not require a waiver for a Non B.

Read the previous posts. You NEED a Non B for an waiver.

• Like 1

Excuse me, please. I know that you're quite often active on teaching/ visa/ work permit forum. Your excuse that many schools don't know how to produce the needed [paperwork, or don't check on it, doesn't make sense to me.

You're the one, always up to date through this forum and you act like you don't know how to get a waiver letter?

Please don't blame the school, there must be another reason why they'd let your visa expire..If you'd go to Sawannakhet, it would give you 90 days to survive. Isn't that what you're looking for?

You should know it by now. Good luck from lower northeast!-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

No one let my visa expire as such. I was going to go on a visa for retirement when a school offered me a job. So I got a Tourist visa in the mean time. oh hum

Guess that's the reason why it's stuck.

Indeed aidenai, but the advise seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

• Like 1

No one let my visa expire as such. I was going to go on a visa for retirement when a school offered me a job. So I got a Tourist visa in the mean time. oh hum

Hi dude,

So, the school that offered you a job didn't come up with the paperwork to get you a Non-B? I remember one of your posts stating that you're working for 25 K a month.

As far as I remember, you're staying in Kalasin province, a visa run to Mukdahan/Sawannakhet could have been easily done from there.

So how are you going to solve your status now? Please keep us informed. A good New Year 2014 might bring some positive changes.-rolleyes.gif

A key question triggered by the mention of a previous school is how many waivers has the OP previously had?

The limit of 2 or 3 if staying at the same school appears to be being enforced more and more.

Have had one waiver for a previous school for one year, last year.

Lets close this topic.

Well, I would agree to all you assume, except that you won't need anything from the TCT for the B-Visa and the WP. But you will need a waiver or XY for the change at immigration.

Often, there will be some requirement for another waiver. A TOEIC test for non NES, a Thai Culture Course, or ...

The Consulate in Vientiane requests the waiver or license before issuing a Non B. The refused to give me a visa a year ago because I did not have the waiver at that time.

The point of my post, there are 2 of us waiting for such and I wondered if the school had actually applied for them, I was questioning the time involved. One has never received a waiver, his first and me my second. From the looks of things this maybe the first time the school wants to hire foreigners and is not aware of the process (not to say that I am). I just thought that 2 months was a little long waiting time.

I do know of a teacher who was sent to Bangkok to process a dozen applications for the foreigners at his school and as posted here,(can be received in 24 hours) he received them in 24 hours.

I assumed maybe incorrectly that it was the responsibility of the school to obtain it, not me.