Sadly Passed Away!

Nignoy

I don't think many here knew about Operation Crown. RIP

I don't know it

Google Operation Crown Thailand

british soldiers building an airfield ,roads and bridges in the early 60,s, helped build the first bar in pattaya, and a few of us were probably the first farangs to marry isaan ladies after the 2nd world war!!we also had a fishing camp on Phuket Rawai beach when it was all still jungle and their was only one road on the island, before I forget ,there were only 8 European style hotels in Kuntheb

Thailiketoo, when I saw your reply, I thought lazy bugger. Curiosity, however, got the better of me so I did Google it.

Thank you.

Thank you for the lead and for the opportunity to learn a bit of history. I certainly learnt far more this way. The Engineers certainly are the unsung heroes.

Thailiketoo, when I saw your reply, I thought lazy bugger. Curiosity, however, got the better of me so I did Google it. Thank you. Thank you for the lead and for the opportunity to learn a bit of history. I certainly learnt far more this way. The Engineers certainly are the unsung heroes.

I don't know how many people would feel about the British military involvement and I did not want to be the one to tell them. We who were here at the time knew many Brits in many roles all over South East Asia. I don't want to exaggerate it or diminish it. So I just keep quiet.