New restaurant Enorme

CMfoodie

There is certainly some massive investment going into that place. I took a particular interest and followed its construction. i still cant understand how they managed to get that place open this year, they only started october; remarkable. Brickwork is appalling though, like a dogs back leg.

They appear to be developing the external areas, and if that land is all part of the land sale then its going to be one hell of a place.

I hope it does well...but almost from the beginning i was saying "make the bloody sign bigger"

Assuming E'norme means enormous...then the sign they have on the backdrop of that building is like a pea on a drum.

We will give it a try when it looks like we are not going to get cement dust in the food.

Quite amazing the number of restaurants that have opened around the Mae Hia area in the last few years. 5 years ago there wern't that many options but must be at least 20 good "eating out" choices now, So if you live south of town no need to head into the city, which is a bonus for some of us. Just asked my Thai wife the meaning of the name Enorme, was met with a shaking of the head

We passed it at 10 this morning and we are pretty sure it was the welcoming of the new spirit ceremony.

Most thai businesses do them...even we did....load of baloney really but best not to tempt fate.

Good business for the monks, I know that bit at least.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

We passed it at 10 this morning and we are pretty sure it was the welcoming of the new spirit ceremony.

Most thai businesses do them...even we did....load of baloney really but best not to tempt fate.

Good business for the monks, I know that bit at least.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

From your other post about shortage of business maybe it kept more than the spirits away huh?smile.png

L'Enorme was the name of a fragrance for zaftig women on 30 Rock.

I tried to eat lunch there a couple of weeks ago, but in spite of the "Now Open" sign, couldn't find a way to get it done.

The ceremony was Monday, and there were a lot of cars in the lot Monday evening. It's nice to see something else moving into the neighborhood. Although there are now several new restaurants available here, the pizza and pasta category is over-represented.

First world problems, and all that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Went there this evening on the basis that it should have had time to settle down by now.

The menu was fairly limited and poorly arranged in that you couldn't see if items like burgers (not that I was about to order one) came with anything. No alcoholic drinks on the menu and irritated to find that the only large bottles were Chang or Heineken. No menu so no price information - Heineken turned out to be a little bit steep at 125 baht. The food came quickly and overall rated OK but nothing special for the prices which are a bit above average. A little on the mean side in terms of the main ingredient I thought - only three gung in the Tom Yam Gung for example, and at almost 200 baht I'd expect better and more. The Salmon Lasagna was certainly a generous portion but rather too salty for my taste. The place is big and my guess is they are going to go for the coachloads of Chinese tourists we're all hearing about, given that the car park is about the size of Cambodia.

Dinner for two and a half including the beer came to 1020 baht - my wife over ordered a bit so 800 would be more representative. Leaving was a particular pleasure for me as it meant getting out of earshot of the worst three piece band I've ever heard.... Don't think we'll be giving it another chance.

• Like 2

Went there this evening on the basis that it should have had time to settle down by now.

The menu was fairly limited and poorly arranged in that you couldn't see if items like burgers (not that I was about to order one) came with anything. No alcoholic drinks on the menu and irritated to find that the only large bottles were Chang or Heineken. No menu so no price information - Heineken turned out to be a little bit steep at 125 baht. The food came quickly and overall rated OK but nothing special for the prices which are a bit above average. A little on the mean side in terms of the main ingredient I thought - only three gung in the Tom Yam Gung for example, and at almost 200 baht I'd expect better and more. The Salmon Lasagna was certainly a generous portion but rather too salty for my taste. The place is big and my guess is they are going to go for the coachloads of Chinese tourists we're all hearing about, given that the car park is about the size of Cambodia.

Dinner for two and a half including the beer came to 1020 baht - my wife over ordered a bit so 800 would be more representative. Leaving was a particular pleasure for me as it meant getting out of earshot of the worst three piece band I've ever heard.... Don't think we'll be giving it another chance.

Doesn't surprise me. A new business opening up with a staff that has never worked together is bound to have some initial problems. Give them some time and then see if they are still the same.

We called in one day at midday and the place was FULL .... of staff sitting around doing nothing. We perused the menu and concluded same as Greenside but without a bill .... as we'd already left.

Rimping's little bisto was around the corner and their ~60Bt menu items quite delicious.

• Like 1

These "enormous" thai-style food troughs are almost all-ways poor value. With a business- premise based on 'Volume'(quantity) I don't expect food quality or reasonable prices. I avoid these pits of culinary sleight of hand much like I don't bother buying a half-cup of warm bitter over-priced coffee from a 'posh' coffee shop.

I have always found it intriguing, the tendencies Thais have to value 'form' over 'content'.

Trust the food and service is better than the design of the building,would have to be one of the ugliest pieces of "architecture" in CM.

Agree that its probably set up for bus tours,CM's new direction, which is another reason to avoid it.So many well priced,alternative, quality restaurants,

/cafe's south of town now.

• Like 1

The manager said Enorme means enormous. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

True enough, but the name posted in Chinese is 長江酒屋, the "Yangzi Restaurant'. I didn't think to check the Thai, but I will next time I drive past. Anybody?

Edited by dru2

Trust the food and service is better than the design of the building,would have to be one of the ugliest pieces of "architecture" in CM.

Agree that its probably set up for bus tours,CM's new direction, which is another reason to avoid it.So many well priced,alternative, quality restaurants,

/cafe's south of town now.

Agreed about the architecture! i have to drive past it almost every day and still cant quite believe how ridiculous it looks.......we should have an "ugly building" competition just for fun. My nomination would be the " very bright orange" furniture store on the Hang Dong Road left side going towards the City.....the colour of that building is really terrible!

These "enormous" thai-style food troughs are almost all-ways poor value. With a business- premise based on 'Volume'(quantity) I don't expect food quality or reasonable prices. I avoid these pits of culinary sleight of hand much like I don't bother buying a half-cup of warm bitter over-priced coffee from a 'posh' coffee shop.

I have always found it intriguing, the tendencies Thais have to value 'form' over 'content'.

I've been there. And whatever the faults of their food, they do not do enormous servings. Just normal sizeservings at a somewhat higher price than you would normally pay.