Always a laugh in thailand

Kangawallafox

Was in the mall today with my wife and sister in law and the sister in laws man.

As we stepped on the escalator a young and rather heavily tattooed thai woman who I guess would have been in here early twenties was in front with a western gentleman who looked about seventy.

Now her arm was around him,no problem there until she lifted her hand quite near to us in a very obvious way to flash her gold ring and watch,not bad but not really quality jewellery.

Now she had her hand back in a very awkward position,they were facing forward as you do,we behind them,her hand now just hanging there in front of our faces for a good amount of time,really amusing.

Later returning from big c with some supplies we walked past several shops and there they were sitting at the counter buying more.

Now the issue is not the buying of the jewellery,but what is with the holding it in our face bussiness,it was not on his shoulder dangling down,she was holding it way up.

Many many woman have jewellery,you would think she was the first.

Ending on a positive note I left my change behind today in a little sidewalk restaurant type place and was chased down and had the cash returned,bought a different smile to my face but a smile non the less.

• Like 1

Gold ring? How much can it be worth? What type of watch? Now mine is an Omega Seamaster, worth several thousand dollars and something really worth showing off.

Now that's a watch,as for any stranger in the mall,who cares,even if she had a Rolex it's of no interest to us.

However send me yours and I will take a look,I promise I will return it in time.

• Like 2

Can you open anymore threads with useless tittle-tattle,this forum is running low!

You again,why do you keep answering them and following the threads,skip them.

Every time I write you bite,take off and stop trying to live up to your avatar title.

What is your purpose here,idle chit chat is common here amongst men,no need to attack what's wrong with you.

No doubt your single,if not you will be at that rate,your the reason men like thai woman.

• Like 1

Can you open anymore threads with useless tittle-tattle,this forum is running low!

You again,why do you keep answering them and following the threads,skip them.

Every time I write you bite,take off and stop trying to live up to your avatar title.

What is your purpose here,idle chit chat is common here amongst men,no need to attack what's wrong with you.

No doubt your single,if not you will be at that rate,your the reason men like thai woman.

What do you mean by "your"?

• Like 2

I was in Central chidlom the weekend and was looking for a new wallet. The salesman (very gay) came to show them to me (like i can't see myself) and told me they are wallets! Then he also spread his both hands on the wallets and i saw many huge golden rings on his fingers of both hands. They were not nice polished rings but looked like huge rough gold-nuggets bigger as a 10baht coin. I walked away immediately.

I get tired of Thai and their "look at me" attitude but it always makes me laugh how simple they are. I wonder if they even know that the gold price dropped about 33% last year and might drop further coming year. For Thai the price of something is much more important than the quality it is made of.

I think the farang took her to the jewelry store to sell all that stuff.

Thais do seem to like to show stuff off, but who cares? On the 1 to 10 importance scale, it's below 1.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you! Yes you understood me well, i walked away because i don't like salespeople like that. I would rather buy from a nice friendly girl then from him. There are loads of other sellers in Chitlom so i can easy find another sales. Funny thing was also, i went to Samsonite to see their wallets which are under the glass counter. When i asked the sales to show me one model it took him 5 minutes to open that drawer under the glass so i walked away again....Guess the drawer was made in Thailand.whistling.gif

Thais do seem to like to show stuff off, but who cares? On the 1 to 10 importance scale, it's below 1.

And yet here you are,more pathetic is the person answering a thread he dislikes,lol.

I was in Central chidlom the weekend and was looking for a new wallet. The salesman (very gay) came to show them to me (like i can't see myself) and told me they are wallets! Then he also spread his both hands on the wallets and i saw many huge golden rings on his fingers of both hands. They were not nice polished rings but looked like huge rough gold-nuggets bigger as a 10baht coin. I walked away immediately.

I get tired of Thai and their "look at me" attitude but it always makes me laugh how simple they are. I wonder if they even know that the gold price dropped about 33% last year and might drop further coming year. For Thai the price of something is much more important than the quality it is made of.

So you walked away from something you were interested in buying because the salesman was gay and had rings you did not fancy, wow, I thought the OP was pathetic and petty but your post tops his, welldone. clap2.gif

What part of the thread upset you enough to post in a thread you dislike,I bet I know why this thread upset you,it bought back memories didn't it.

Merry Xmas and happy shopping,enjoy.

And yet here you are,more pathetic is the person answering a thread he dislikes,lol.

Huh? I like the thread just fine, I'm only giving my opinion.

But wait! You're one of them amateur psychologists, right? Psychoanalyzing everyone but yourself? LOL. I got hooked right in. My sister taught me it's always a loser to engage that type...

Gold ring? How much can it be worth? What type of watch? Now mine is an Omega Seamaster, worth several thousand dollars and something really worth showing off.

My knock off Rolex looks pretty impressive as well.....Worth about $100 and worth showing off.

BTW the other $6,900 I spent on my vacation in Thailand!

• Like 1

So you walked away from something you were interested in buying because the salesman was gay and had rings you did not fancy, wow, I thought the OP was pathetic and petty but your post tops his, welldone. clap2.gif

What part of the thread upset you enough to post in a thread you dislike,I bet I know why this thread upset you,it bought back memories didn't it.

Why would you think it upset me? Brought back memories of what? You really are a lame troll, this thread is titled "always a laugh" i like funny stuff but this is just a pathetic attempt by the op to feel superior... This is common on this site, people always looking around for those to put down, try a little empathy and you will be on the road to self improvment.

Edited by daoyai
  • Like 1

It would seem to me that the young tattoo'd lady was saying to passers by " yes i am with this old cogger only cos of what he will spend on me and for no other reason"................there usually is a price to pay for the older man with a young lady.But that is not exclusive to thailand it is the same the world over

• Like 1

Why would you think it upset me? Brought back memories of what? You really are a lame troll, this thread is titled "always a laugh" i like funny stuff but this is just a pathetic attempt by the op to feel superior... This is common on this site, people always looking around for those to put down, try a little empathy and you will be on the road to self improvment.

You should learn what trolling is,and yes I was putting her down,I make no apologies for that,she was acting like a fool,was not out looking at people to judge but she put it in my face for judgement of her strange behaviour.

As for feeling superior that is what she was doing by flaunting her gold,we did not flaunt ours back in an attempt to show ours is better,so in that respect you are quite wrong.

What is common on this site is people not likening threads yet replying,or assuming to know what a person is thinking such as when you said I feel superior,that is what is common.

People do that when something strikes a nerve,that's why I thought you were upset,your reply indicates that.

No, not Thai. French.

Nouveau riche

The term nouveau riche (French: “new rich” [nu.vo ʁiʃ]), describes rich people who acquired their wealth within their own generations.

Sociologically, nouveau riche describes the man or woman who previously had belonged to a lower social class and economic stratum (rank) within that class; and that the new money—which constitutes his or her wealth—allowed upward social mobility and provided the means for conspicuous consumption, the buying of goods and services that signal membership in an upper class. As a pejorative term, nouveau riche effects distinctions of type, the given stratum within a social class; hence, among the rich people of a social class, nouveau riche describes the vulgarity and ostentation of the new-rich man and woman who lack the worldly experience and the system of values of Old Money, of inherited wealth, such as the patriciate and the gentry.

Huh? I like the thread just fine, I'm only giving my opinion.

But wait! You're one of them amateur psychologists, right? Psychoanalyzing everyone but yourself? LOL. I got hooked right in. My sister taught me it's always a loser to engage that type...

I'm lost,i not sure what the importance scale was referring to now.

All I'm saying is rich,poor,middle class,who cares we are all equal and it amuses me when people do that because I am the wrong person to show off to,not because I'm wealthy,I'm not I have f all.

It's because material things mean very little to me,so if she wanted to impress don't show your gold,show affection to your partner,that will impress me,show me love for him and that will show how lucky she is.

• Like 1

Seeing them in the jewellery shop did amuse me I will not lie,I don't want to be mean but putting gold on her is like putting a silk hat on a pig. Perhaps he could get her another tattoo.

Would it be a Use Before Date?

I'm down in Nahkon si Thammarat now and I haven't seen any Thais with Tattoos. Honest.

• Like 1

All I'm saying is rich,poor,middle class,who cares we are all equal and it amuses me when people do that because I am the wrong person to show off to,not because I'm wealthy,I'm not I have f all. It's because material things mean very little to me,so if she wanted to impress don't show your gold,show affection to your partner,that will impress me,show me love for him and that will show how lucky she is.

Traffic is stopped for 10 miles in either direction as the BMW speeds through salutes by the BIB. I patiently wait and realize, no Maude we are not all equal. Some people drive on the road with traffic and some don't.

Seeing them in the jewellery shop did amuse me I will not lie,I don't want to be mean but putting gold on her is like putting a silk hat on a pig. Perhaps he could get her another tattoo.

abit like an Australian wearing shoes

You obviously have not been to Australia,they are more fashion conscious the youth there then any where.

When you go to beach areas you dress for the scene and the weather,not to impress the surrounding elderly European sex tourist looking for a wife in every bar who thinks his long beige shorts,scandals and polo shirts are the bees knees because in his region he is constantly called a handsome man.

Look at Australia right now,look at the rest,we must be doing several things right.

My post was talking about a heavily tattooed thai girl anyway,why reply with an attack on Aussies.

You obviously have not been to Australia,they are more fashion conscious the youth there then any where.

When you go to beach areas you dress for the scene and the weather,not to impress the surrounding elderly European sex tourist looking for a wife in every bar who thinks his long beige shorts,scandals and polo shirts are the bees knees because in his region he is constantly called a handsome man.

Look at Australia right now,look at the rest,we must be doing several things right.

My post was talking about a heavily tattooed thai girl anyway,why reply with an attack on Aussies.

Because the English and German sock jokes were getting old.

post-187908-0-70899900-1387934147_thumb.