Hotel Help

tolsti

I am visiting BKK in October this year for 15 nights and have only the accomodation left to sort out.

I lived there for 6 months in 2004/5 and have decided I want to stay on Sukhumvit.

I cannot recount how many hotel search engines and hotel web sites I have visited (including thai vias') and my head is spinning! I have read loads of Trip Advisor reviews (where do these people come from??) and in the end I am not really any nearer to deciding.

My budget is max 2000 bht a night (inc tax and VAT). Must haves are Pool, good room with in room safe and preferrably guest friendly and near sky train or the metro

So my request is.... whcih hotels would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance...........

Edited by tolsti

I am visiting BKK in October this year for 15 nights and have only the accomodation left to sort out.

I lived there for 6 months in 2004/5 and have decided I want to stay on Sukhumvit.

I cannot recount how many hotel search engines and hotel web sites I have visited (including thai vias') and my head is spinning! I have read loads of Trip Advisor reviews (where do these people come from??) and in the end I am not really any nearer to deciding.

My budget is max 2000 bht a night (inc tax and VAT). Must haves are Pool, good room with in room safe and preferrably guest friendly and near sky train or the metro

my head is spinning too!!! I just did this too.I cannot recount how many hotel search engines and hotel web sites I have visited (including thai vias')

If i had a bigger budget though, after all my research I Think Majestic looks good. And asiarooms had the best rates. I too checked out the thai visa room booking site but they didnt have to 2 hotels im debating or I would of happily booked through them.............

Honey Hotel has a pool. If you get the luxury suit the price will be slightly lower than your 2000 baht per night price range. Price includes a free breakfast. Only thing I can't remember is if there was a safe in the room or just the security boxes at the desk. This hotel is on Soi 19 just down from the a Skytrain stop. E-mail contact is [email protected].

Hotels with pool and sometimes safe in room for less than 800 baht in Pattaya. Bay Breeze Hotel is one of those hotels with a safe in room.

Thanks for all the replies....

Thairish... great looking please thanks... have enquired and they are looing for 2600 a night. Just a bit too much.

Dive Mistress..... was that Majestic Suites you were looking at?

Nathcc I can get 2050 Bht in a PArk Wing Studio there... have you any idea if these are good rooms as there seems to be 3 wings?

karazyal.... I'm going to have a closer looh at the Honey... cheers

I am now seriously considering www.the-victory.com, they quoted me 1200bht per week for a one bed room appt when I asked in late April.

Has anyone stayed here??

Thanks for all the replies....

Thairish... great looking please thanks... have enquired and they are looing for 2600 a night. Just a bit too much.

Dive Mistress..... was that Majestic Suites you were looking at?

Nathcc I can get 2050 Bht in a PArk Wing Studio there... have you any idea if these are good rooms as there seems to be 3 wings?

karazyal.... I'm going to have a closer looh at the Honey... cheers

I am now seriously considering www.the-victory.com, they quoted me 1200bht per week for a one bed room appt when I asked in late April.

Has anyone stayed here??

Looks GOOD and for Bt 1200 a week I would jump at the deal....forget the Honey.... :o

http://www.the-victory.com/about_us.html

Got the confimation this morning. 26000Bt nett for 2 weeks stay. 2000Bt of that is the security deposit (refundable). Got to be hard to beat really. Thanks for all the advice/opinions. If anyone gets to stay there in the meanwhile I'd love to know thier experiences..... :o

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone,as a favour, be willing to pop in to the Victory Residence and have a look around for me? Ideally to get a look at a one bed appt to see what they actually look like?? (photoshop can do amazing things) Rewards will be beer/meal in October... thanks