Is 90 day online reporting available yet?

giddyup

When I did my 90 day report at Jomtien office yesterday the immigration officer kept all my paperwork (passport copies etc) whereas last time I reported they gave all the paperwork back to me, except for the cover sheet. When I asked him why the difference he mumbled something about 90 day reporting online but didn't appear as though he wanted to explain any further, so I didn't push him. Anyone heard anything about reporting online?

laugh.png Online 90 day reporting. They couldn't manage to stick a slip back in a SAE and put it in their out tray, without it being too much trouble. I can't imagine someone manning the computer for all the 90 day reports and getting info back to you that it's all been cleared OK.

What if "computer says no".

No online reporting.

The immigration official probably refered to the barcode system that is being implemented in many offices, where they just scan the barcode and get all yur details without the need for you to show them.

I've had a bar code almost since they started issuing them in Chiang Mai and it doesn't make one iota of difference.

It doesn't, but that is probably the online reporting the officer mentioned.

Doing the reports "online" refers to the Immigration officer filling out the report on his computer. If you haven't moved you residence or entered the country since your last report, the computer will have most of the information that we used to write on the form over-and-over. So, its "online" for the Immigration office, and depending on where you do your report, possibly less paperwork for you.

Bangkok Soi Suan Pluu office used to have an "online" 90 day report. You did your report online, then in the next day or two stopped at the drive-through window to get your receipt. Not exactly what we are all waiting for.,

"What would happen to all this unecessary paperwork collected from 1000,s of falangs across Thailand every day? There must be an aircraft hangar full of it or is it just disposed of?"

Probably recycled as toilet paper , like the coloured hairbands made in China , that are said to be made of recycled used condoms all sliced up in little

rubber bands "

No online reporting.

The immigration official probably refered to the barcode system that is being implemented in many offices, where they just scan the barcode and get all yur details without the need for you to show them.

................which can be tracked online.-wai2.gif

Depend on which officer handles you. Some keep the paperwork, some give it back along with the stapled next report day reminder

Have not heard of online 90 day reporting for any Immigration Office yet

When I was there a few weeks ago I did the report with the lady who has a computer terminal. She didn't keep my photocopies and this was the second time that had happened. I asked if I needed to bring them every time. She said yes. If I saw her I wouldn't need them, but for him (pointing to the officer next to her, with no terminal) I would need them. And even jokingly said, "So it's better you see me."

I'm guessing it's a matter of who has the computer terminal. Without checking my papers she could immediately see my address, and asked me to confirm, and she could see when my extension expired ... so the information is quickly accessible.

Depend on which officer handles you. Some keep the paperwork, some give it back along with the stapled next report day reminder

When I was there a few weeks ago I did the report with the lady who has a computer terminal. She didn't keep my photocopies and this was the second time that had happened. I asked if I needed to bring them every time. She said yes. If I saw her I wouldn't need them, but for him (pointing to the officer next to her, with no terminal) I would need them. And even jokingly said, "So it's better you see me."

I'm guessing it's a matter of who has the computer terminal. Without checking my papers she could immediately see my address, and asked me to confirm, and she could see when my extension expired ... so the information is quickly accessible.

It's a crazy practice bringing in the same copies 4 times a year (only your visa changes) its a major waste but TIT. I am lucky that i liver close to the immigration but its of course crazy and a bit outdated process. I could do without for sure

2 trips ago, they typed everything into a computer, printed out the form to staple into my passport, and didn't keep my paperwork. This last time, they didn't use a computer, hand wrote the passport slip, and kept my paperwork.

Just goes to show, be prepared for anything there.

• Like 1

2 trips ago, they typed everything into a computer, printed out the form to staple into my passport, and didn't keep my paperwork. This last time, they didn't use a computer, hand wrote the passport slip, and kept my paperwork.

Just goes to show, be prepared for anything there.

Don't you fill in your own form ? (not sure what one but I always do) Then they only have to check those and are done faster.

Yes, filled in the forum, then the first time they typed some stuff into a computer and printed out the slip. Next time, it was all done by hand, just tearing off a piece of the form I filled in as my 90 day receipt for the passport.

Ok they always tear off that piece of form i already printed.

Yes, filled in the forum, then the first time they typed some stuff into a computer and printed out the slip. Next time, it was all done by hand, just tearing off a piece of the form I filled in as my 90 day receipt for the passport.

Ok they always tear off that piece of form i already printed.

Same with me except that one time with the computer! I liked it. Especially since one of the forms I filled in was a recycled copy of somebody's passport. All the details where there. Crazy. Completed forms were bundled and stacked up near the entrance. Thousands of them.

What would happen to all this unecessary paperwork collected from 1000,s of falangs across Thailand every day? There must be an aircraft hangar full of it or is it just disposed of?

Put it in many trucks and scatter it along the motor ways or roads over here or use it for packaging to store all the rotting rice

Edited by whiteman

I live a three hour drive from my nearest allotted immigration office . I said to the officers that I'm in my mid 70s and that it is too far for me to

drive so may I report by post . No problem , I've been posting for several years now .

I was told, when first getting a retirement visa, that the 3 month report can be done by registered mail. No idea how to get the receipt.

I live a three hour drive from my nearest allotted immigration office . I said to the officers that I'm in my mid 70s and that it is too far for me to

drive so may I report by post . No problem , I've been posting for several years now .

I was told, when first getting a retirement visa, that the 3 month report can be done by registered mail. No idea how to get the receipt.

I'd recommend doing a post with that question over in the visa forum. If you do, make sure you state where you live.

wai2.gif