Owen Wilson accused of supporting whistle-blowing protester: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup."

Now that is ironic. Whole thing seems weird as Hollyweird.

I never liked the aspect of American culture that features the opinions of actors concerning economics, politics and other important issues. If an economist has an opinion about economics, I read it carefully.

When actors talk about issues my ears go deaf. Its like saying a mime is qualified to program a Cray.

When politicians talk about issues my ears go deaf.

They are usually lobbying for business interests - never the people that voted them in.

I also find it ironic that the anti government people said last week they think the US are bad for trading with Yingluck and should be ran out of town.

This American however.....

Yes, and good thing those swastika wearing Thais and vendors were captured too because we all know they hate Jews and Catholics and are planning to take over the world with their Aryan heritage. What a bunch of hypocrites. Thais always think the rest of the world knows or cares about what happens internally in Thailand.

Edited by tomyummer

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

th

Strange that the actor is allegedly supporting a group who are attempting to lay the conditions for a coup. He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic.

Yep, I think he was touting the timeliness of his movie. Purely a money thing, not a political thing. Or is that the same?

It's common fare for actors to get out in the public after finishing their shootings to promote their films, promote their concerts... with interviews, etc.

Lady gaga did something similar a with her 'fake Rolex' comments. Owen falls into that similar category of insensitive, opportunistic idiots.

I noticed that my earlier comment generated some rabid, boneheaded reactions. Look like it cut too close to the bone. "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding"

Edited by moonao

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

th

Strange that the actor is allegedly supporting a group who are attempting to lay the conditions for a coup. He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic.

Yep, I think he was touting the timeliness of his movie. Purely a money thing, not a political thing. Or is that the same?

It's common fare for actors to get out in the public after finishing their shootings to promote their films... interviews, etc.

Lady gaga did something similar a with her 'fake Rolex' comments. Owen falls into that similar category of insensitive, opportunistic idiots.

I noticed that my earlier comment generated some rabid reactions. Look like it cut too close to the bone. "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding"

Did Owen Wilson publicise this?

Sent from my phone ...

its a relatively new type of social marketing or social media publicity .post something controversial and watch it spread like wildfire and generate buzz.... virtually no advertising costs required!

Edited by moonao

its a relatively new type of social marketing or social media publicity .post something controversial and watch it spread like wildfire and generate buzz.... virtually no advertising costs required!

The movie isn't going to be released for 12 months. All this will be forgotten by then.

All this is, is someone taking a photo of their kid with Owen Wilson, and then someone else picking it up for propaganda purposes.

Sent from my phone ...

I don't think WILSON is in sympathy with either side. Some dick head yellow shirt probably just gave him a whistle to wear for the photo-op.

I wonder how many tourists have bought the flag lanyards and other products just because they have the Thai flag printed on them without knowledge of the political connotations. I suspect more than a few.

I have head sweat and wrist bands in the Thai Flag design. Does that make me anti Government? What it does mean is I get bloody hot when exercising or playing sport and would prefer the sweat not to drip into my eyes. How very cynical of me.........................and a load of bo**ocks this thread is. Paranoia springs to mind.

ooooh - well obviously wearing the Thai flag design is now a cause to inspire contempt or hatred.....no wait, that can't be it...er maybe it is if the flag is upside down...er no that's not it.

Well it is obvious, isn't it? A few years ago wearing a yellow T-shirt used to be a sign of deep respect and loyalty, so naturally these days it has to be a symbol of violent protest....er, no that's not it either...

Maybe they will make it a capital offence of treason standing up and saluting the Thai flag while singing the national anthem twice a day, IF a security guard happens to be blowing a whistle in the background (which is almost constantly) and his whistle is attached to his neck by a ribbon of any colour red, blue, white, black etc.

I give up. Foreigners just don't understand Thainess.

BANGKOK: -- With political passions running high, it seems anything can end up turning into an argument.

Today, it’s Hollywood actor Owen Wilson, who’s found himself caught up in the Thai political debate.

Wilson is being accused of siding with anti-government protesters since a photo of him wearing a whistle with a Thai-flag strap wrapped around his neck went viral on Thai social networks.

Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.cocon...owing-protester

WOW!!! I so appreciate Thai Visa for reporting reprinting this earth-shattering event from the highly regarded "Coconuts" trash-rag!!! Slow news day or what? All you clowns at TVF need to get off your asses, get a life and get REAL!!!..."Bitch"...(said in my best Jesse Pinkman voice)

I've read the plot in more detail, this sounds like an extremely irresponsible movie considering the current political situation.

Yeah, because production deals that require years of advanced financing and preproduction before shooting hired an astrologer and knew these protests were going to be happening.

• Like 1