Owen Wilson accused of supporting whistle-blowing protester: Thailand

webfact

Owen Wilson accused of supporting whistle-blowing protester
By Coconuts Bangkok

owen.jpg

BANGKOK: -- With political passions running high, it seems anything can end up turning into an argument.

Today, it’s Hollywood actor Owen Wilson, who’s found himself caught up in the Thai political debate.

Wilson is being accused of siding with anti-government protesters since a photo of him wearing a whistle with a Thai-flag strap wrapped around his neck went viral on Thai social networks.

Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/12/24/owen-wilson-accused-supporting-whistle-blowing-protester

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-12-24

• Like 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

Strange that the actor is allegedly supporting a group who are attempting to lay the conditions for a coup. He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic.

your the one who is conned if you think that!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a professional photo editor, and it doesn't take me to tell you that this is fake as hell.

What moron thought this was worthy of publicizing?
I would venture a guess that the author of this article knows the person that 'shopped this personally.

All this new anti-Americanism is putting me on edge.

• Like 1

"Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup."

Now that is ironic. Whole thing seems weird as Hollyweird.

I never liked the aspect of American culture that features the opinions of actors concerning economics, politics and other important issues. If an economist has an opinion about economics, I read it carefully.

When actors talk about issues my ears go deaf. Its like saying a mime is qualified to program a Cray.

Of course in California they go even further and choose actors to be their governors.

No wonder it's well and truly Californicated.

If some of you folks had read the rest of the article you would have seen this.

Wilson has asked his friends in Thailand to inform the press that the Thai fan who asked him for a photo gave him the whistle as he strapped on his neck, thinking it was a souvenir, not a symbol of Thailand’s government hatred.

• Like 1