• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSI lay down charges against 38 leaders of PDRC

PNPOL561224001000101_24122013_010001.jpg

BANGKOK, 24 December 2013 (NNT) – The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has laid down charges against 38 leaders of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), and is waiting to review their bank account activities to find financial links with capital groups and other individuals.

DSI director-general Tharit Phengdit chaired a meeting of special investigation officials on Monday to determine the cases against Suthep Thueksuban and 37 other PDRC leaders. The meeting decided to seek legal actions against all the 38 individuals. Investigation will focus on the individuals' behaviors that brought about the charges, and the gathering of evidence and witness. Once the details of those individuals's financial activities in the past six months have been forwarded to the agency, investigators will analyze financial links with other persons and groups in order to expand on the investigation.

Mr. Tharit added that investigation will be carried out objectively, and according to the facts and legal stipulations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-24 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

"They have been charged with intimidation to abolish the nation's administrative power, instigating members of the public to violate the law, gathering to create chaos in the country, and libelling representatives of foreign countries."

I'm not sure about the other charges but how can the DSI charge them of libeling representatives of foreign countries? Did these foreign representatives file these charges themselves because they feel they have been libeled? Or is this just the biased Tharit making charges up to fit his agenda?

• Like 2

The judicial system is very biased toward the baht from certain pockets. Suthep has his fellas, the other side has their fellas...they're all good fellas.

Nonetheless, this seems to me to be a slow ratcheting up similar to the way diplomats use language to ratchet up issues from a flatline once an event occurs. This seems to indicate, to me, that action against the protest leaders is becoming imminent.

I would guess that the behind-the-scenes talk and the falling baht are making the invisible hands on both sides a little nervous. They should be. People are demanding accountability from their government. People are also demanding democracy. For both sides to stonewall, and refuse to compromise, has serious and expensive implications, in regards to credibility, responsibility, human lives, and commerce.

A very successful Japanese company wants to build a factory here. They are, well, putting the idea on skids until this situation resolves or fails to resolve itself.

Who can blame them?

My experience in talking with decision makers for FDI is that they are used to these things. They are long term investors. We have recently seen the BOTM take a large position in one of the Thai banks, but maybe some of the smaller companies are taking a wait and see position as you say. I agree, I wouldn't blame them, but as a whole, the Japanese are strong investors in Thailand, and have continued to invest despite the 2010 violence and the floods.

The most beautiful (and useful) Christmas present for Thailand would be to see Suthep locked up behind bars, where he belongs :rolleyes:

Multiplying the charges against him and his followers is just the right thing to do, since they systematically disregard the law, commit crimes and treason, ... all this thinking that the majority supports them. I should say "dreaming".

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

"They have been charged with intimidation to abolish the nation's administrative power, instigating members of the public to violate the law, gathering to create chaos in the country, and libelling representatives of foreign countries."

I'm not sure about the other charges but how can the DSI charge them of libeling representatives of foreign countries? Did these foreign representatives file these charges themselves because they feel they have been libeled? Or is this just the biased Tharit making charges up to fit his agenda?

Tarit should be counter-charged with passing new laws without using the proper constitutional channels.

Just like the PTP and YL... constantly digging his hole deeper.

The criminal court could be found to be doing the same thing by backing these lunatic charges with warrants.

"but how can the DSI charge them of libeling representatives of foreign countries? Did these foreign representatives file these charges themselves because they feel they have been libeled? Or is this just the biased Tharit making charges up to fit his agenda?

Foreign representatives don't have to file charges.

Threatening to seize property of a foreign country (an embassy) is tantamount to threatening an act of war. Only the government has the authority to declare war on a foreign country.

Tarit should be counter-charged with passing new laws without using the proper constitutional channels.

The criminal court could be found to be doing the same thing by backing these lunatic charges with warrants.

Just exactly what laws have been passed with out judicial oversight?

And no - I don't expect a reply.

Edited by blaze

They would not dare make a single arrest.

They know what it would lead to, and they don't want that do they?

Go on Tarit... I dare ya.

Just more wind and piss, totally worthless news article, they already have warrants issued and they are too scared to go and carry those out.

Don't ask me for proof.

Yes they are scared to bring out the iron boot.

You say you dare Tarit to bring it on.

You know full well that if Tarit 'brings it on' the gov't will be dissolved- either by military or judicial coup (use that 134 IQ you claim to have!)

and then the dogs of hell will be unleashed- Rightly or wrongly (who will care?)- the people who do support this government and (so far quietyly) oppose the fascists will come to fight.

Is that what you want?

An Eastern Sarajevo?

And you know- that nobody won SHIT in Bosnia!

Yingluck has offered time and again the olive branch- Suthep and his madmen have refused to grasp it.

They have stars in their eyes- blinded by hate and fantasies of utopian fairies that will usher Heaven on Earth.

Reason has left the room.

And your post is evidence of that.

You just reflected everything I was actually hinting at.

They go in and arrest everyone, then there will be another bunch right behind them to take up the reigns.

They have probably already discussed what the action will be and that it may be along the lines of 'no more peaceful protest'. Or possibly even total lock down of BKK But whatever their plan B course of action, they will certainly take it to a whole new level, and that will force a coup of some sort.

Tarit will become public enemy number one and I suspect he will have to flee the country for his own safety.

One thing I will contest with your post is that the moment the reds come down and attempt to fight, that will be the trigger for the coup. I doubt it would last 24 hours.

Don't ask me what I want.... You are better off asking the military or the courts if they are willing to wait for blood shed before they bother to step in.

Whatever happens... arrests = end game.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

Just more wind and piss, totally worthless news article, they already have warrants issued and they are too scared to go and carry those out.

Don't ask me for proof.

You know full well that if Tarit 'brings it on' the gov't will be dissolved- either by military or judicial coup (use that 134 IQ you claim to have!)

and then the dogs of hell will be unleashed- Rightly or wrongly (who will care?)- the people who do support this government and (so far quietyly) oppose the fascists will come to fight.

Is that what you want?

An Eastern Sarajevo?

Yingluck has offered time and again the olive branch- Suthep and his madmen have refused to grasp it.

They have stars in their eyes- blinded by hate and fantasies of utopian fairies that will usher Heaven on Earth.

They go in and arrest everyone, then there will be another bunch right behind them to take up the reigns.

They have probably already discussed what the action will be and that it may be along the lines of 'no more peaceful protest'. Or possibly even total lock down of BKK But whatever their plan B course of action, they will certainly take it to a whole new level, and that will force a coup of some sort.

Tarit will become public enemy number one and i suspect he will have to flee the country for his own safety.

Tarit? you think when the shit hits the fan anybody will even remember his name?

What do you predict the response will be- locally as well as internationally- to a coup?

Top brass knows- and you don't- that's surprising. They are using reason. What are you using?

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

'gathering to create chaos in the country, and libelling representatives of foreign countries.'

These two.

I was responding to a post remember.

I googled them... they don't exist, not in English anyway.

'gathering to create chaos in the country, and libelling representatives of foreign countries.'

These two.

I was responding to a post remember.

I googled them... they don't exist, not in English anyway.

I asked you what laws the government passed- and you respond with an accuasation about the fascists?

Man... This government did NOT pass a law to, in your words, 'gathering to create chaos in the country, and libelling representatives of foreign countries."

Where is that 134 IQ when you it would probably come in handy?

Edited by blaze

Don't ask me for proof.

Is that what you want?

An Eastern Sarajevo?

Tarit will become public enemy number one and i suspect he will have to flee the country for his own safety.

Tarit? you think when the shit hits the fan anybody will even remember his name?

What do you predict the response will be- locally as well as internationally- to a coup?

Top brass knows- and you don't- that's surprising. They are using reason. What are you using?

Tarit? you think when the shit hits the fan anybody will even remember his name? ... Yes they will, especially those who he puts behind bars as well as their followers.

What do you predict the response will be- locally as well as internationally- to a coup?... Thais will respond the way they have always responded to coups and so will the international community. Don't expect anyone sending in ground troops to put YL back into power.

Top brass knows- and you don't- that's surprising. They are using reason. What are you using? ... Logic.

<deleted>.... look at the first post in the string from 'Nacho'

Then read my response and then see where you seem to have gone of on a tangent of misunderstanding.

I think we can all agree that they have given him more than enough rope.

Suthep has gone through the denial stage, the anger stage.... now its time for the acceptance stage... behind bars.

But they have given Thaksin over 5 years and haven;t even tried to catch him, how much more rope does he need ? Now go back under your bridge red troll...

• Like 2