Romantic Strolls/Viewpoints

YTP

Hi all,

Looking for a place to share a nice stroll or view with a date, day or night.

You know, someplace quiet where you can hold hands and have a good talk without the crowds, cars, and noise. Yeah I know it's BKK...

Maybe look at the stars, water, that kind of thing. I think it would be great with the gentle weather we're having.

The more simple, the better... ie. the way a date should be.

Some ideas:

- HM. Sirikit Center Park around the lake/pond

- riverside (but where? not big on Asiatique with the tourist crowds)

Please add... thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

Lumpini Park at dark.

There is a little park next to the pier that serves Wat Pho that is nice, but it's small. In fact, get the river taxi to that pier and once the sun sets the walk from the pier down to the flower market is basically deserted. Then you can walk through the flower market (not quiet) and grab a taxi at the end of the market.

Sanam Luam (spelling?) late in the day.

Golden Mount area.

There is a sort of boardwalk "pier" on the Thonburi side of the river starting near the wat where you can feed the turtles...what's that wat called...ahhh...google it, but there's a boardwalk there along the river that takes you buy a Catholic Church and a cool Chinese temple. Been a while so memory is a bit fuzzy.

Walk around Wat Arun near closing time.

Bangkok's not exactly famed for being filled with romantic locations. Take her/him up to Chiang Mai instead, some romantic places there even inside the city centre but many more if you go to the suburbs and the Botanic Gardens or take a trip up the hill to Doi Suthep or even further afield to Doi Inthanon, etc.

Thanks for the great ideas celso and Grawburg.

I think I've heard some good things about that park by Bang Na before, I'll have to take a look. Something simple like feeding turtles is also exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

FalangBaa I'm very familiar with CM and have been to those spots.

Unfortunately I can't just pack up and go to CM (work, her work, etc.), that would be more of a vacation getaway.

Keep the ideas coming, thanks a lot.