Suggestions on how to start looking for a rental house in Bangna ?

I'm here in Thailand for the last month and now considering getting a retirement visa and looking for a rental house in or around the Bangna area. I am retiring, have no need to travel anywhere every day and I intend to purchase a car for visits to the mall and other places in the area. What I am looking for is a new unit in a quite guarded area with not such much pollution and good access to as large a shopping mall as possible. My budget is around 50,0000 a month.

I saw a number of different web sites that I found on Google but I am really not sure if any are better than the others.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I could best start my search? Also my thoughts are for a property in Bangna because it seems like a quite place and there's now the new mall there. However I would be interested to hear any other suggestions on areas to live in.

Everything is personal with regard to where you live....Security, quiteness, etc.

Website searching MAY bring up a bargin.....but I doubt it...for the amount your talking about you SHOULD find a GREAT place

Many times ....and its what I did ....you have to drive around and ask (big problem if you don't speak Thai....but go with someone you trust who does)

I live in Prawet (near Bangna)....which I REALLY like...near the Kings Park on Chaloem Prakiat ..(Nearby shopping is Seacon Square and Paradise)

So by driving around (either by taxi or renting a car) you can actually see the area and MAYBE find something you like ...people put signs on the their property that are "for rent"...(and usually don't use the net)....Homes or townhouses much easier as the signs are right in front of the house...

If your looking for a condo...maybe by talking to the doorman of a building you like will work.

DDproperty.com is a decent start...but as I said I have found my places that I have lived by just driving around ...and finding them on my own.

Not an easy process....but I wish you luck

Merry Christmas....

• Like 1

Jump on your motorbike and drive around - have a look also in the evening (no karaoke, enough street lights).

Checking in the evening is vital and go on different days if you find somewhere you really like.

We hear so many stories of members with great condos with just a tiny issue, karaoke, car workshop, disco you name it :(

• Like 1

Jump on your motorbike and drive around - have a look also in the evening (no karaoke, enough street lights).

Checking in the evening is vital and go on different days if you find somewhere you really like.

We hear so many stories of members with great condos with just a tiny issue, karaoke, car workshop, disco you name it sad.png

One problem I think I might have is that are not many of the more expensive properties 40,000 - 50,000 / month rental in gated secure areas where I may not be allowed access ?

• 1 month later...

You've really got a large amount of choices.

I would recommend starting with:

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/

As you know, Paradise Centre and Seacon Square are large, and there are a lot of condos around that area. Personally, I find the traffic in the area to be a problem.

I've previously stayed at NS Towers, just behind Central Bangna shopping centre. It would fit your requirements, and I think you could probably get away without having a car. The complex is secure and has a gym, pool, and library. The shopping centre has Robinsons, Big C, and Tops, which should cover day to day needs.

Previous posters have suggested taking a drive at night. I completely support this. You don't want to end up next door to a noisy karaoke bar. Thailand seems to have no noise controls, and some of those places can destroy an peace and quiet (as well as sleep) you have.

There's some complexes I quite like on Thanon Chaloem Phrakiat. There's two small centres along there (a Tops and Big C from memory), that could handle normal groceries, and it's not too far to Paradise Centre and Seacon Square from there....there's a back way through that avoids the main roads. This area is close to Rama 9 Park. I often doing the free morning aerobics class there, and there's an outdoor gym (which I wouldn't recommend) and Tai Chi class there too.

Hope that gives you some options to consider.

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking for a house for rent? If so, please contact me by PM

I'm not an agent anyway smile.png

Thank you
Kem

Edited by astral
Removal of e-mail addr as per forum rules