Thai govt may set up its own reform council

webfact

Like anyone is going to accept a reform committee put together by that bunch of corrupt shysters.

What will be the first reforms of the agenda?

Exiled politicians of more than 2 years to be instantly cleared of all past crimes .... followed by all street protests to be made illegal with the maximum penalty of beheading??

This government gives a whole new meaning to the term 'control freakary'.

Well, I think the voters will accept it should they choose to vote PT in as government again. But then they don't count for you, do they Nibbles?

Suthep could choose to negotiate with the government and try to come to some sort of compromise that the government could agree to. But he and his followers have decided they want it all their own way, and that negotiation isn't an option. It's the unelected council or nothing as far as they're concerned. And you, as a supporter of his movement, are describing the government as being the control freaks here...*speechless* lol.

What a picture.

That's worth 10,000 words.

I agree, but not in the way I think you meant it. The choice of picture says more about The Nation than Yingluck. They chose to use this picture with this story to give the impression that Yingluck was aloof and disdainful of the whistle blowers concerns. In reality, of course, it's the whisteblowers and their leaders who're disdainful of the Thai people's right to choose their government.

Anyway, watch the full video of the incident and tell me if you think the picture The Nation has used here is really representative of Yingluck's behavior towards the protester:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItWSnMRLNQ

Thanks for sharing! You are right, that gives a complete different picture of the incident!

And credit to Yingluck for actually confronting the protester (very un-Thai), instead of hiding behind security!thumbsup.gif

Wonder who the whistleblower is going to vote for in the election??

Many average Thais on social media actually like Yingluck for being polite and softspoken.

Fully aware of, that doesn't change the fact, that she is the PM for a very corrupt government. But she is just the wrong person for that job. She is not a politician and I believe a decent person, who must hate her brother for putting her in the hotseat!

Fully aware of, that doesn't change the fact, that she is the PM for a very corrupt government. But she is just the wrong person for that job. She is not a politician and I believe a decent person, who must hate her brother for putting her in the hotseat!

Sure the government is corrupt , but not so the PM cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nominated for post of the year. Smokie ?