webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Democracy? Do you mean Democracy?

Why does nobody in international and local media name the child by its name? As long as millions and millions of votes are bought you might have - at best - a feudalism interpretation of Democracy. What this country needs is a strong ruler with honest intent leading Thailand out of this medieval mess. The present players are obviously not able, not capable or otherwise incapacitated.
I - for one - don't get it. The whole, i.e. WHOLE, country suffers; tourism (despite those lies by those creeps at TAT), export (the TAT brothers over at the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Stupid Statistics), currency (well here the Bank of Thailand cannot lie here) - you name it.

Most SMEs (like me in hospitality) haemorrhage from one high season to the next one. We had high season goodies such as closed airports, four out of ten weekends elections without booze also for all those alien non-Thai non-voters, demonstrations, stalingrad-like hostage taking of Bangkok's downtown area, supply shortages down to soda water and eggs due to logistic challenges because of floods (which never never never ever will happen again according to some statements made in Japan) etc. etc.

Thailand - Quo Vadis?

• Like 2

democracy run by the military + ultra nationalists and monarchists? not my type of democracy, thank you.

let people access to proper education, uncensored information http://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com , allow open political debate without the sanction of defamation laws and article 112 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9#Thailand , let them vote

Agree with you a 100%thumbsup.gif

But sadly when it comes to education, Thailand is in a catch 22 situation. Who is going to educate the educators? They are all products of the same failed system.

• Like 2

The anti-government protesters want better democracy, not less democracy

Thats why they are blockading registration and voting stations, refusing to take part in elections, and saying that farmers are too uneducated to know who is the correct person to vote for.

Nobody is blocking registrations now, and nobody is saying that the farmers are too uneducated to know who to vote for.... they are saying that the farmers are too uneducated to 'CARE' who they vote for. Or are you attempting to tell us that the farmers are extremely sophisticated people who only care about what is good for the country as a whole?

On a separate note...

'Winning an election is just the start of the democratic process. How elected representatives then use their position determines their legitimacy to rule. If they abuse their power through corrupt practices to enrich themselves or to advance the narrow interests of their financiers, then they lose legitimacy.'

Just for those who support Thaksin and constantly harp on about how YL and PTP were democratically elected, and how Suthep and the protesters are being 'undemocratic' in protesting against its legitimacy. I won't even mention the populist policies used to grab votes at the expense of other (just as needy) infrastructural projects.

over 500 billion lost that could have been spent on other things to improve Thailand, and it isn't coming back.

How can anyone support that?

• Like 2

It's not good enough to say " I took the money but voted as I wanted anyway. " I say this because I have experience of being told this personally so the vote wasn't actually bought !

I've been told this also. People take the money and vote the way they want, but what a choice!!!

Is this a choice?

In the old/ home country they say we get the politicians we deserve and that is a truism.

If you pair away the b/s, and all the expectations we would like to have realised, the Thai people have a premier leading

a party the people have voted for, and accepted. They have however put that party on notice they cannot do exactly what

they like, especially concerning notable criminals.

If you forget the mongrels capitalising on the situation like Suthep, there is progress being made. The country has to expose the

criminals in government and all the deals they're slathering in.

Investigative journalism anyone?

• Like 1

Or are you attempting to tell us that the farmers are extremely sophisticated people who only care about what is good for the country as a whole

As much as any other citizen, yes. Sophistication is a truly relative dynamic. You can be sophisticated at surviving in harsh conditions. As for the "what is good for the country" I don't think any citizen has a monopoly on morals, and also to bracket citizens into moral groups is the breeding ground of division and tyranny.

The other points in the OP, re; post-election is the important part, this is of course what I have always believed. They need to de-nature the office of ruling party, and to introduce "progress policy watchdogs" which are checking all policies and the debate-system around those policies, with "benefits to the nation as a whole" being the prime requisite. This can all be done, with the correct people making the correct stands. However, Suthep is suggesting something entirely different.

• Like 1

Yin Luck is a great PM her party has been elected by the people. Ahbasit is a murderer as is the secret elite that own the generals and judiciary. Power is what this is about, power the Reds want democracy the Yellows the status quo of elitism, corruption, murder of protest, bullying on the streets, poverty in the country side, poor education, retarded thinking. Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a good idea who is retarded and who isn't.

Reds had democracy but Yingluck and her party decided corruption was better. If poverty in the country side then she has to pay the farmers money they owe them, poor education--she has had 2 and a half years to do something about it. Reds showed their power in 2010.

It's Xmas have a few more drinks, or cut the drinks out it is affecting your memory.

• Like 2

Democracy? Do you mean Democracy?

Why does nobody in international and local media name the child by its name? As long as millions and millions of votes are bought you might have - at best - a feudalism interpretation of Democracy. What this country needs is a strong ruler with honest intent leading Thailand out of this medieval mess. The present players are obviously not able, not capable or otherwise incapacitated.

I - for one - don't get it. The whole, i.e. WHOLE, country suffers; tourism (despite those lies by those creeps at TAT), export (the TAT brothers over at the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Stupid Statistics), currency (well here the Bank of Thailand cannot lie here) - you name it.

Most SMEs (like me in hospitality) haemorrhage from one high season to the next one. We had high season goodies such as closed airports, four out of ten weekends elections without booze also for all those alien non-Thai non-voters, demonstrations, stalingrad-like hostage taking of Bangkok's downtown area, supply shortages down to soda water and eggs due to logistic challenges because of floods (which never never never ever will happen again according to some statements made in Japan) etc. etc.

Thailand - Quo Vadis?

i agree thailand needs a "strong" ruler/leader but i think there is a lot of confusion about what that means...

a "strong" leader is brave enough to break free from the comfort of telling their own supporters what they want to hear about the evils of the other side

a "strong" leader is willing to admit their own mistakes and shortcomings, and make the tough decisions to fix the problems of their own party

a "strong" leader embraces democracy and puts in the hard work and effort required to win votes through honest and positive campaigning

a "strong" leader takes and holds power in a way that even those who voted for the opposition still accept the result

a "strong" leader puts the people of thailand (and their right to peace and political stability) before one's own ego and hunger for power

a "strong" leader does not force their way to power through force regardless of the destruction and death on the way

Edited by brit1984
  • Like 1

Chinese communist dictatorship is more legitimate than elected government of Thailand? Excuse me, Dr. Termsak, I think you should to China instead of Singapore and work there as a regular Chinese instructor for a couple of years, at least, or better for the rest of your life.

ThaiLAND certainly deserves a better democracy but most Thais certainly do not.

Not, that is, until they fully understand the meaning of democracy - warts and all.

Democracy isn't something that suddenly "appears" or can be forced upon a nation - there's a great deal of struggle, perhaps bloodshed, certainly soul searching and definitely a real change of attitude and culture needed here first - and that all takes a LOT of time...............

• Like 2

It's not good enough to say " I took the money but voted as I wanted anyway. " I say this because I have experience of being told this personally so the vote wasn't actually bought !

I've been told this also. People take the money and vote the way they want, but what a choice!!!

Is this a choice?

In the old/ home country they say we get the politicians we deserve and that is a truism.

If you pair away the b/s, and all the expectations we would like to have realised, the Thai people have a premier leading

a party the people have voted for, and accepted. They have however put that party on notice they cannot do exactly what

they like, especially concerning notable criminals.

If you forget the mongrels capitalising on the situation like Suthep, there is progress being made. The country has to expose the

criminals in government and all the deals they're slathering in.

Investigative journalism anyone?

No chance of real investigative journalism because of the defamation laws and a very suspect legal system.

15 years for picking mushrooms !

Yes Thailand deserves better democracy and the people get the politicians they deserve.

thinkingofhow, on 25 Dec 2013 - 07:53, said:

Yin Luck is a great PM her party has been elected by the people. Ahbasit is a murderer as is the secret elite that own the generals and judiciary. Power is what this is about, power the Reds want democracy the Yellows the status quo of elitism, corruption, murder of protest, bullying on the streets, poverty in the country side, poor education, retarded thinking. Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thinking of how.............what?.......Commit suicide?????

Merry Christmas.

Please read the text first and learn before making silly comments.

About status qou, who doesn't want reform before the elections?

This article articulately summarizes the arguments that are the basis of the protest movement, regardless as to political affiliation or ideology. Reform is the only answer, and this government's idea of " reform " has proven to be nothing but an attempt to further solidify and consolidate its power.

This article articulately summarizes the arguments that are the basis of the protest movement, regardless as to political affiliation or ideology. Reform is the only answer, and this government's idea of " reform " has proven to be nothing but an attempt to further solidify and consolidate its power.

I think the PM thinks everyone has fallen off the back of a number nine bus.

Yingluck is a great PM?? That is the most hilarious thing I have heard in years!!! She was not elected by the people - she was impositioned by her criminal murderer brother (he actually ordered the murder of over 2,500 people (a majority innocent civilians) in his catastrophic 'get drugs off the streets' massacre). Then there's Tak Bai where he again, made the serious error (admitted by him) of killing approximately the equivalent number of muslims as got themselves killed in unwittingly serving him in his amnesty mission in 2010.

Have you read the English version of 'The Simple Truth' - Abhisit is NO MURDERER!! Again, the murderer in question is Thaksin.

Suthep is not after power at all - he wants good governance with the flawed electoral system removed and replaced with a fair and democratic one that serves the people and nation. He would even accept a PTP government that ruled in a fit and proper way instead of ignoring democracy and parliamentary practices for it's own means and to enrich themselves at the people's expense.

I thnk that you can include yourself in being inflicted with the last three things you mention (assumes you live in the countryside).