Anyone here playing Dayz Standalone (and/or Arma 3)?

davejonesbkk

I was a big fan of the Dayz mod and been playing the standalone since it came out on steam last week. It's still pretty rough in places and lots of things missing (hardly any zombies right now) but still a big improvement on the mod. Anyone else here playing it?

I also play Arma 3 from time to time and I've been toying with the idea of getting a private server and would love to find some other serious players to do some real coop as playing it alone can be frustrating.

You should check it out, there's still lots of work to done such as more zombies needed and they still glitch through stuff but overall a massive improvement on the mod and you can go into pretty much 90% of the buildings which is a huge game changer and many sections of the map changed plus about 20% bigger overall. I've played other mods such as Dayz Origins and yes they're fun but after playing the SA with all it's improvements I couldn't go back to the mods.

Tbh though I'm most interested in getting some people together for Arma 3 co-op games, there used to be a bunch of guys in SG who ran Arma 2 games on a private server from OMgeek.net but they haven't done any for a long time now. What's your steam username?

Ian added you.

shoot2kill4fun1 - cant find that?

Yeah loads of SG servers and pings around 50 even. Never seem to have as much player activity as what I see is going on in US ones and even on 40/40 player ones I never see anyone, I am getting a bit bored of the looting etc now and want to start messing with some noobs lol

Ian added you.

shoot2kill4fun1 - cant find that?

Yeah loads of SG servers and pings around 50 even. Never seem to have as much player activity as what I see is going on in US ones and even on 40/40 player ones I never see anyone, I am getting a bit bored of the looting etc now and want to start messing with some noobs lol

I have never had trouble playing online with 200-250 ping,even in quick shooter games like COD and BF3. I would think ping around 200 should be more than playable for dayz

• 4 weeks later...

Wow it was unexpected to find this thread on here. But searching for gamers in thailand or dayz in thailand led me here.

I'm also playing, been trying to gather up a group of people for SEA in general.

I have a teamspeak server and could setup another one if we want to have our own. Might also setup a DayZ server if we get a good group of people together, maybe even make a clan for SEA players.

Right now I am also playing on the MPGS.co singapore servers and the few others out there.

The only way to setup a DayZ server right now is via an authorized reseller so until they release server code I am fairly sure these guys are the only main host in SG (or SEA for that matter).

But the ping for me is 20-50ms which is awesome and the only thing lacking is players.

On steam: mythal01

add me.

See you guys in Chernarus! :)

• Like 1

Would pentium g3220 3.0 + hd 7770 play dayz SA decently above 30fps on 1366x768?

yea you should be fine.

seems the engine has a few CPU bottlenecks, there are some good tweaks to do here:

http://day0.com.au/forum/dayz/950-dayz-alpha-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

I would mostly look at point 9, with the .cfg edits.

However, note that the person who wrote that specific thread is a bit wrong about the engine config options. Notably that these 2 variables need to match:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1
Or you can set "DetectedFramesAhead" = 0, and MaxFramesAhead = 1, but if they dont match it will actually cause some GPU conflicts apparently and not give as good performance.
I also recommend having at least 8GB RAM.
If possible, go to pantip and grab another few GB - if you can get to 12GB or more, go get this tool: http://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/
and then load your entire game directory (with a symbolic link) to a ramdisk-drive.
I have a 7GB ramdisk drive for games and always use it to at least load the most accessed files, if its not enough space for the entire game. (luckily right now, DayZ is only about 5GB for the entire game though) :)
This is 1000x better than having an SSD drive. (hard drive access time ~ 100mb/sec, while RAM access time ~ 10gb/sec ---- huge difference).

• 1 month later...

Sorry, not upgraded my rig. In fact, I lost it and had to restore an older motherboard with no pci slot for my graphics card. Otherwise I would have contacted the players who added me on Steam. gggrrrrrrr

Not purchased the standalone dayz yet. Any feedback now that it has been out 4 months?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly,dayz has been such a disappointment for me.Here we are,6 months after release,and very little has changed. Looking more forward to H1Z1 game and newly released The Forest(it's an indie game that has better graphics,gameplay than dayz)

Yeah, the standalone was very disappointing. I am still playing the mod, the epoch version and having tons of fun building bases, buying and selling. I would invite dayz players to http://www.greatphuket.com/dayz and register on the forum..

Within dayzcommander, please search for INSANE. We use a Singapore server.

I tried to get a refund a few hours after buying the standalone and steam doesn't give refunds. Not happy with them.

• 4 months later...

Some of you have added me as a steam friend. I have started my own dayz mod server (not standalone). I got tired of either admins who are not active or over-reactive admins.

Just started it this week. Still some bugs, gotta learn some scripts to make it fun. So if you join, please be patient.

The server ip is 212.129.54.155:2302 and the name is Insane PVE server - Cherno Epoch - Self BB .

Anyways, join if you want, start a clan. Leave me a steam message if you did join so I know who you are.

• 2 months later...