Police officer shot dead during Bangkok protests: hospital

webfact

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I missed the announcement as to who the police officer was, NAME-TOWN-FAMILY...rank. Died from a gunshot/gunshots ???? shot to what part of the body that caused the death. ??? is it too early for the info to be released.

Excuse me if these details have been published. I only read that for half an hour they tried to revive/save him.

Police Hospital reports Pol Sr Sgt Maj Narong PitiSithi is dead. He was shot during clashes at TH-JP stadium today. RIP. :(

Maybe I missed the announcement as to who the police officer was, NAME-TOWN-FAMILY...rank. Died from a gunshot/gunshots ???? shot to what part of the body that caused the death. ??? is it too early for the info to be released.

Excuse me if these details have been published. I only read that for half an hour they tried to revive/save him.

Police Hospital reports Pol Sr Sgt Maj Narong PitiSithi is dead. He was shot during clashes at TH-JP stadium today. RIP. sad.png

here, they try to save him without success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulI0M3CK7KI

Police Hospital reports Pol Sr Sgt Maj Narong PitiSithi is dead. He was shot during clashes at TH-JP stadium today. RIP. sad.png

Thanks for that, because as you know anything can be published to gain a brownie point. I did not see it on TVF. So later we will learn of where he was shot that led to his death.

It's a bad job when 1 life is lost that is too many. It will be who dunnit time now and that will draw out for years. Sad for his family/ friends /loved ones.

But. You know he is dead. Not enough?????????????????????????????

But. You know he is dead. Not enough?????????????????????????????

Don't try to look smart, you didn't feel my meaning, Normally details are given that's all. to save speculation. Sorry for persons close to him, they would wish details known. That enough ???????????????????????

The first one to die at the hands of the protesters now criminal charges for murder must be placed against Suthep. Brave policeman RIP

Well everyone hates to see anyone killed but this was bound to happen sooner or later. There will undoubtedly be more deaths and injuries.

Yingluck better get prepared because she will eventually be charged with murder also ... just like Suthep .. and Apiset ..... when the first protester is killed.

Much if not most of this political violence from 2008 until now and including injuries and deaths in the next several weeks is the product of her brother's greed and revenge.

Yingluk has not ordered security services to use LETHAL force against protestors as did Abhisit and his deputy Suthep.

Slight difference

Protestors, thugs used metal bolts fired from slingshots.

Police state that shots were fired from a building overlooking the Thai japanese center and the Election commissioners had to be airlifted to safety.

WSJ

BANGKOK—Thailand's election commission on Thursday urged the country's government to delay elections scheduled for Feb. 2 after a day of violence that pushed this Southeast Asian nation's fragile democracy closer to the brink of collapse.

The five election commissioners made their plea after being evacuated by helicopter from a Bangkok sports stadium where riot police clashed with protesters attempting to halt the registration of political parties to contest the vote and force the appointment of an unelected government. At least one policeman was shot dead and several wounded, while more than 70 other people were injured in the skirmishes.

So sorry to hear a Policeman has died this way. May he rest in peace.

What is not clear, as per the photo by Nation, is why police have lowered themselves by resorting to throwing rocks at anti-government protestors? is this also within a policeman’s normal scope of works?

RT@RichardBarrow: Looks like police are throwing rocks back at protesters - RT @tanatpong_nna: อะไรอยู่ในมือตำรวจ ก่อนขว้าง pic.twitter.com/a1VTHUr8h3 #Bangkok

post-169500-0-72647600-1388068154_thumb.

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

The first one to die at the hands of the protesters now criminal charges for murder must be placed against Suthep. Brave policeman RIP

Try not to be silly please

Why is that a silly comment? Please enlighten me.

How about because it's based on pure speculation?

Or maybe because this is actually not the first... It's the fourth (taking into account the three red shirts who have been shot dead at the stadium).

RT@Aim_NT: Let us study today's lesson and plan to improve our protest. Thanks for no killing, no burning today, unlike in 2010: Suthep told protesters.

Can someone tell Suthep to watch the news, please? He's so out of touch.

He thanks the police for not killing the peaceful protesters.

• Like 1

ust google and you will find pics from the very very peaceful protests on News Sitdes and Forum in Thai, English, German, Italian and Malay. The World is watching Duce Suthep.

All payed by Thaksin, as I read on another forum!

ust google and you will find pics from the very very peaceful protests on News Sitdes and Forum in Thai, English, German, Italian and Malay. The World is watching Duce Suthep.

All payed by Thaksin, as I read on another forum!

of course, and the pics are faked by Bollywood, Cine Cita or Hollywood, right?

At 2051 tonight (Live TV) the anti Gov folks claiming there were people dressed up as cops making the trouble in a presentation on stage in English addressed to Foreign Jurnos and Expats in a Brit accent.

Regardless, this cop should not be dead tonight, another sad waste, collateral damage my arse. Waste of a life.

Now I am actually starting to think this whole thing could actually get out of control, a scary thought.

So sorry to hear a Policeman has died this way. May he rest in peace.

What is not clear, as per the photo by Nation, is why police have lowered themselves by resorting to throwing rocks at anti-government protestors? is this also within a policeman’s normal scope of works?

RT@RichardBarrow: Looks like police are throwing rocks back at protesters - RT @tanatpong_nna: อะไรอยู่ในมือตำรวจ ก่อนขว้าง pic.twitter.com/a1VTHUr8h3 #Bangkok

attachicon.gifxBcZC68NCUAEAgTd_jpg_pagespeed_ic_XkmlkguNj_.jpg

Riot Police. Are not armed as per International standards.

Two things needed, before mass escalation.

Army step in and take control, again.

Free and fair democratic elections, again.

Of course the Dems would lose these elections, again, and then stamp their feet and throw their toys around, again.

• Like 2

Where is Suthep while all this is happening. Have not heard of word from him since the officer was shot. Usually he got his big mouth running by now telling lies about the situation.

Suthep was on stage earlier telling that a few dozen protestors are in hospital. Where he is now I don't know. He mentioned that 3 protestors and a Japanese reporter are in critical condition. Three had shot wounds (including to the head) and the japanese reporter had wounds on his head from an object. He also showed images of police attacking an innocent woman driving a car and beating up a few protestors who were already detained.

He also mentioned the sadly killed officer. He still had a big mouth but his info seems to be real. Have a look around on the world wide web for yourself if you are interested in something.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Before people begin to assign blame for this - an investigation is yet to take place, gentlemen - it should be noted that there have been fatalities on both sides in this conflict, all of them unnecessary. It should also be noted that whenever policemen are authorized to use rubber bullets - as was the case here - all sorts of tragic circumstances can develop. The administration must take responsibility for that. They must also take responsibility for ramming an amnesty bill through, that has sparked the crisis that has culminated in today's unrest and today's tragedy.

Yes!! It all comes back to Thaksin's selfish intentions I'm afraid. He has already shown that his red shirts are dispensible and it seems the police are as well.

If only he retreated from politics and took his sister and family with him then NONE of this would happen!!

Oh why, why, why, is Yingluck insisting on holding this election when the army, EC and just about every other rational person is saying that it cannot be held now.

You have this parrot saying "the election cannot be put off because it is against the constitution" - what constitution is this? Thaksin's constitution?

I would bet my house on there not being an election on Feb 2nd so why all of this needless bloodshed. Just do the right thing for once Yingluck and clear off as you are turning into a complete and utter disaster for Thailand!!!

• Like 2

Que sera sera now - sadly we maybe on the cusp a coup or worse. Whatever it is the genie wont get back into the bottle and as farangs its not our gig or place to stick our oar in. Hopefully one day the Thai nation will wake up look at itself in the mirror and start to progressively reform and enter the modern age but first its got some growing pains to do and the rich sino-Thai elite need to recognise the bulk of the nation are owed a better deal than they have traditionally had and that Thaksin for all his corrupt ills reflected that and profited from it. If the Reds throw up a genuine post -Thaksin Thai democrat (small d) with leadership qualities and charisma the army should watch out as their institutionalised corrupt snouts in the trough ways wont cut it any more. Sadly its probably going to get worse before it gets better.

Oh why, why, why, is Yingluck insisting on holding this election when the army, EC and just about every other rational person is saying that it cannot be held now.

Just be honest and say that you don't want a democratic election because you prefer fascism. Any rational person can tell that's the case.

• Like 1

Just be honest and say that you don't want a democratic election because you prefer fascism. Any rational person can tell that's the case.

No!! I am all in favour of fair elections and a just electoral process, just as Suthep is. As for my preference for fascism I am vehemently against it which is precisely why I want the 'Shinawatra name' wiped off the face of the earth!!!

• Like 1

Before people begin to assign blame for this - an investigation is yet to take place, gentlemen - it should be noted that there have been fatalities on both sides in this conflict, all of them unnecessary. It should also be noted that whenever policemen are authorized to use rubber bullets - as was the case here - all sorts of tragic circumstances can develop. The administration must take responsibility for that. They must also take responsibility for ramming an amnesty bill through, that has sparked the crisis that has culminated in today's unrest and today's tragedy.

So a failed bill, for which the gov't has apologized justifies murder-- Ok maybe some posters have not seen civil war....and there is an issue of age of posters-- but please- I beg you --- slow down. This shit is going to get out of hand- and to people who think it becomes fun--- it does not.

Dovijenja iz Repuubla Srbska.

Edited by blaze

So a failed bill, for which the gov't has apologized justifies murder-- Ok maybe some posters have not seen civil war....and there is an issue of age of posters-- but please- I beg you --- slow down. This shit is going to get out of hand- and to people who think it becomes fun--- it does not.

Dovijena.

What has our age got to do with it??

Slow down!! becomes fun!! are we to blame for all of this turmoil simply because we just happen to point out that everything stems back to Thaksin Shinawatra?