Pattaya Tailors

DD13

Hi All

I know that this subject has been covered before....

But

I have tried many tailors in Pattaya, but each time every made to measure garment comes with problems....

Does anyone know of a tailor who "actually" makes the clothes on "their" premises?.....and not the usual Bangladesh shop run by semi-experienced staff.....who then use a sweat shop....and definitely not the guy adjacent to Tuk.com car park......had a real disaster with him in the past.....(sorry if this offends the Thaivisa Rules... but we are here to help and protect each other)

I have been to three different shops in the past week and ordered shirts and shorts......each garment has had problems....

I am willing to travel to Bangkok or anywhere else

Many thanks

i don't know anyone in town that makes their own on the premises

simple issue of high rents in good locations

most have guys adjacent to tukcom

i use Next in the Kiss/beefeater arcade opposite the back of the big Mikes shopping Mall

i have never had a problem but don't know who makes them for them

He also owns Ali Baba so been there for years. I don't think made on premises but does have his own staff.

Raj from R&R is more American than Indian and makes on premises. He's by appointment only and also makes the staff uniforms for MK and Oishi.

I use Grover for personal and Raj for staff sets.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

He also owns Ali Baba so been there for years. I don't think made on premises but does have his own staff.

Raj from R&R is more American than Indian and makes on premises. He's by appointment only and also makes the staff uniforms for MK and Oishi.

I use Grover for personal and Raj for staff sets.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

thank you

i go to ali baba frequently so will call in at grovers next time and ask for him

I have heard that Ali Baba is good, but I use Bobby Fashion (2nd road, across the street from Soi Diamond and maybe 100 meters south). Bobby is known for excellent quality, and he has no bouncers because his reputation precedes him. Bobby has now concentrated on the wholesale of fabrics to other tailors in the Pattaya region, but he is willing to take your measurements, have you garments done and supervise the process himself. I have had several men's suits done by him, and never a complaint to follow.

Well, I've had a lot of clothes custom made over the years but now I buy my clothes off the rack at Central Department Store (Chidlom) because I can see exactly what I'm getting before I pay. If you go for the sales, the prices are moderate.

Whilst I'd never get anything tailored that could be bought off the peg (especially in Thailand); For garment makers I'd visit the Thai shop-houses who are all on the same U shaped soi, near the back of TukCom, before considering the Indians in the major tourist spots.

Edited by RandomSand

Thanks for this info" I will look him up

I am just going to Pattaya to collect some shorts that have been made......but I don't have "high expectations" for the fit of those.......

watch this space wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Went to the shop to collect the shirt and shorts

Guess what the shorts which had gone back to be altered (as they were too big when I went to collect them first time)....not there

I said to the guy....."what happened" ?

Response............Blank look....

I gave up....walked out....they can keep the shirt ( poor quality ) and the 1,000 baht deposit

Happy Days

I shall give the suggestions a try.......or maybe the shop on Pattaya Nua across the road from the bus station

Thanks everyone